|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dimak's reply to the warning he is given in Chapter 6?
2. What was different about the eggs Volescu fertilized?
3. About whom does the person Dimak speaks to warn Dimak?
4. Why does Bean have to move through the ventilation system naked?
5. What does Sister Carlotta decide to do concerning Bean as revealed in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carlotta learn more about Bean?
2. What are the first two things that Bean sees while using the ventilation system?
3. How does Carlotta begin to investigate Bean’s origins and what does she think it might be?
4. How does Achilles help the younger children of Poke's crew get more to eat?
5. What does Carlotta learn from Anton about Bean’s DNA?
6. What is Bean’s first encounter with a Battle School officer?
7. What does Bean do when introduced to his desk, and why does it do that?
8. How does Bean end up on Ender’s team, and what does he do that Ender does not know?
9. How does Carlotta discover where Bean lived before being a member of Poke, and where did Bean live?
10. What does Carlotta consider when she meets Achilles, and what invitation does she extend to Poke’s gang?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Poke finds Bean on the streets she takes him into her crew. He shows the crew how to work together to get their needs met.
Discuss the ways in which Bean changes the lives of Poke’s crew.
Essay Topic 2
Ender is the person chosen to lead the fleet in the final battle.
Discuss reasons Ender was the right choice for leader and why he might have been the wrong choice.
Essay Topic 3
Often, authors will write about what they know, and sometimes knowing a little about the author makes the books more interesting.
Research and give a brief biographical sketch of Orson Scott Card. Do you think there is always some of the author's own life in his/her novels? Why or why not? Give examples. Name one idea/concept you think may have been a part of the Card's agenda. Analyze that idea throughout the book and discuss Card's probable agenda concerning that idea.
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)