|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Sister Carlotta warn Graff, in Chapter 14, concerning Achilles and Bean?
(a) That one will end up dead if Achilles comes to the battle school.
(b) That they know some secret that neither will reveal.
(c) That the two should be in the same toon as they work well together.
(d) That they are rivals.
2. What position does Bean fill in his new army that Anderson transfered him to?
(a) Weapons Officer.
(c) Intelligence Officer.
(d) Tactical Officer.
3. Who do some people say is Bean's big brother?
4. Where do Nikolai's parents live?
(c) South Africa.
5. In Chapter 18, what has Achilles become since Bean last saw Achilles?
(a) A bully.
(b) A well disciplined soldier.
(c) Good officer material.
(d) A serial killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bean get witnesses to Achilles’s confession?
2. What does Sister Carlotta learn at the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. How do Bean and his witnesses leave Achilles?
4. Where in the battle room is the "enemy gate"?
5. What does Bean talk Nikolai into doing in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the final confrontation between Ender and Bonzo take place and what happens?
2. What does Bean discover about the key to fighting the Buggers and how is the war going?
3. How does Ender use Bean’s ideas with safety rope in a practice battle?
4. Why are Ender and Bean taken out of the Dragon Army?
5. What does Bean do with the Rabbit Army in Chapter 21, and why does he do it?
6. What weakness does Bean observe about Ender’s strategies?
7. How many are on the team that is going to fight the Buggers, and what does Anderson think about the leadership of that team?
8. What do members of the Salamander army threaten and what does Bean do when he sees them?
9. What does Bean plan to do with the safety cord he gets from supply?
10. How does Ender organize his army and how do the members feel about the way he does it?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)