|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the adults know where the students are?
(a) Through video monitoring.
(b) Through a chip injected in the arm of the students.
(c) Through a sensor in the students' uniforms.
(d) By the mainframe monitoring their DNA signature.
2. What does Colonel Graff talk to Captain Dimak about concerning Bean?
(a) Bean's acing of the latest round of battle simulations.
(b) Bean's altered DNA.
(c) Bean's insubordination.
(d) Bean's failure to help the other students.
3. Who does Graff suspect wrote a brilliant analysis of space war strategies?
4. How old does Sister Carlotta think Bean really is?
5. How does Bean access restricted areas in the station's main computer?
(a) By using his extra names and passwords.
(b) By pretending he has been assigned to work on the hardware.
(c) By going into Captain Dimak's personal computer and getting a password.
(d) He tries but is unable to access the main computer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does sister Carlotta obtain from Colonel Graff?
2. What does the person to whom Dimak speaks say is intimidating?
3. How does Bean get his name?
4. What does Bean realize about the floor vents in the ventilation system?
5. What kind of threat do Colonel Graff and Captain Dimak discuss while Bean is observing them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carlotta consider when she meets Achilles, and what invitation does she extend to Poke’s gang?
2. What does Carlotta learn about Bean’s growth rate?
3. What does Dimak’s superior tell Dimak about Bean, and what is Dimak’s response?
4. How does Carlotta learn more about Bean?
5. How does Carlotta begin to investigate Bean’s origins and what does she think it might be?
6. What does Carlotta discover about Bean, and what does she think of her discovery?
7. What does Dimak do with the new students when they first arrive on the Battle School?
8. Where does Poke live and how does she meet Bean?
9. How does Bean find out about the ventilating system and for what does he decide to use it?
10. What surprises Dimak about Bean’s thoughts on the war, and what does Bean think about what might happen if the earth should win the war?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)