|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes known as the Papa of the crew?
(b) The cook at the kitchen.
2. What is one way Bean sets into motion his decision about Ender in Chapter 11?
(a) He contacts Achilles.
(b) He starts incorrectly doing little tasks for Ender.
(c) He applies for leadership school.
(d) He begins to emulate Ender's path in Battle School.
3. What confuses Bean when he observes what Achilles does when Achilles meets with Poke?
(a) Seeing Poke salute Achilles.
(b) Seeing Achilles slap Poke.
(c) Seeing Poke and Achilles split some money up into smaller bundles.
(d) Seeing Achilles kiss Poke.
4. What does Sister Carlotta discover Bean can do that the other members of his crew cannot?
(b) Communicate psychically.
(d) Manipulate large sums of numbers in his head.
5. What causes several anxiety attacks in the person that Sister Carlotta speaks to in Bulgaria?
(a) A drug habit.
(b) Injury due to an accident.
(c) A genetic defect.
(d) An implantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Carlotta learn about Bean's intelligence?
2. With whom does Sister Carlotta speak in Sofia, Bulgaria?
3. What does Colonel Graff offer Bean in Chapter 12?
4. How do the older students treat the new ones?
5. What does Sister Carlotta invite Poke's crew to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Achilles help the younger children of Poke's crew get more to eat?
2. How does Bean end up on Ender’s team, and what does he do that Ender does not know?
3. What are the first two things that Bean sees while using the ventilation system?
4. How does Carlotta learn more about Bean?
5. How does Achilles begin to insinuate himself into the group as the leader in Chapter 2?
6. How does Carlotta begin to investigate Bean’s origins and what does she think it might be?
7. How does Bean discover that Achilles is a murderer?
8. What does Carlotta learn from Anton about Bean’s DNA?
9. What does Carlotta learn about Bean’s growth rate?
10. Why might Graff decide to have Bean lead the next battle against the Buggers?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)