|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many are on the team which will fight the final battle?
2. What does Bean learn is the key to winning against the Buggers?
(a) They can disrupt the Bugger’s thinking with a sound wave.
(b) The Buggers will surrender is sprayed with a solution of hydrogen peroxide.
(c) They must kill the queen.
(d) They must spread a virus that does not affect humans.
3. Where in the battle room is the "enemy gate"?
(a) East wall.
(b) North ceiling.
(d) Left wall.
4. How does Bean feel about Graff’s assertions about Bean’s father?
(a) He trusts that Graff is telling the truth.
(b) He completely distrusts Graff’s information.
(c) He feels he has no way to test the information.
(d) Bean doubts Graff’s honesty.
5. What is Bean doing at the opening to Chapter 17?
(a) Collecting members of his toon.
(b) Crawling through the ventilation shafts.
(c) Confronting Bonzo.
(d) Assuming second-in-command with Ender.
6. What does Bean finally understand in Chapter 24 about the practice battles?
(a) The practice battles do not reflect reality.
(b) The team practices in case the real soldiers lose.
(c) The practice battles are actually real battles.
(d) It does not matter how much practice they do there are still mistakes.
7. What does Dimak say about the leadership of the team?
(a) Ender is smarter than Bean.
(b) They should put it to a vote.
(c) Bean is smarter than Ender.
(d) Equality does not matter as much as potential.
8. How does Ender use some of this soldiers in a practice battle in Chapter 18?
(a) As a reserve force.
(b) As silent snipers.
(c) As a screen.
(d) As a bombing team.
9. To where is Ender promoted in Chapter 18?
(a) To the Chief of Staff.
(b) To the Command School.
(c) To the Tactical and Weapons Development School.
(d) To the Adjunct Staff.
10. How many copies of four fertilized eggs did the Delphiki's create?
11. How many of the battles does the Rabbit army lose under Bean’s leadership?
(c) All of them.
12. How are the units that Ender divided his Dragon army into supposed to work?
(b) With a twin unit.
(c) In conjunction with all the other units.
(d) In a concentric formation.
13. Where is the command school located?
(a) In a hollowed-out asteroid.
(b) At a planet near the front.
(c) On a space station above earth.
(d) On a moon around Saturn.
14. Who do some people say is Bean's big brother?
15. What does Bean find out about Achilles when Bean arrives at his new army in Chapter 18?
(a) Achilles is commander of Bean’s new army.
(b) Petra and Achilles are dating.
(c) Achilles is given Bean’s old position.
(d) Achilles is part of Bean’s new army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other battles have there been with the Buggers?
2. What does Graff ask Bean about as far as Bean’s knowledge?
3. What material does Bean gather in Chapter 17?
4. Why is the ansible important to the team?
5. Why is the spin added to the procedure in launch-shoot-spin?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)