|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Graff tells Carlotta about Achilles in Chapter 14?
(a) That Achilles is to be admitted to Battle School.
(b) Achilles' father is a big-time world crime leader.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) He has been caught in an espionage ring.
2. What does Ender do to some of his soldiers in a practice battle in Chapter 18?
(a) He hides them in the walls.
(b) He ties them to the ceiling.
(c) He sends them out of the room.
(d) He freezes them.
3. What freezes a member of the army?
(a) An incorrect orientation.
(b) A command by the computer.
(c) A hit on the flash suit.
(d) A miss on a Formic.
4. With what does the team practice at the Command School?
(a) They do not practice, they just study.
(b) They practice with command controls.
(c) They practice issuing commands to each other.
(d) They practice with video games.
5. Where is Ender's army's gate?
6. What does Sister Carlotta learn at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) That Achilles and Bean are cousins.
(b) That Volescu is not Bean's father.
(c) That Achilles killed Poke.
(d) That Volescu is not only Bean's father, but also Ender's father.
7. What does Bean think is one of Ender’s main mistakes in the battles?
(a) Ender forgets to cover his rear line.
(b) Bean does not see Ender making any mistakes.
(c) Ender uses Petra too much.
(d) Ender does not know they are real.
8. What does Graff tell Bean about Bean’s father?
(a) Graff says they are still looking for Bean’s father.
(b) Graff says Julian Delphiki is Bean’s father.
(c) Graff says that Bean’s father is in prison.
(d) Graff does not talk to Bean about Bean’s father.
9. With whom does Bean think Ender will eventually have a confrontation?
10. How many practice sessions does Bean put the Rabbit army through in Chapter 21?
11. About what does Sister Carlotta warn Graff, in Chapter 14, concerning Achilles and Bean?
(a) That they are rivals.
(b) That the two should be in the same toon as they work well together.
(c) That they know some secret that neither will reveal.
(d) That one will end up dead if Achilles comes to the battle school.
12. Why is Bean hindered from doing as well as the others in the Dragon army?
(a) He cannot wear his special glasses because of his eyesight.
(b) He is so much smaller.
(c) He is bored with the maneuvers.
(d) He is trying to make Ender look good.
13. How is Ender feeling and acting at the last battle?
(a) Excited and careless.
(b) Energetic and focused.
(c) Depressed and indifferent.
(d) Tired and unpredictable.
14. What is the name of the weapon used to end the war?
(a) Planet Eater.
(b) Dr. Device.
(d) Doom Bomb.
15. What is Bean’s response to Graff’s questions about Bean’s knowledge?
(a) Bean claims he does not know much about what is going on.
(b) Bean says he can design better games.
(c) Bean says he only remembers what is important.
(d) Bean says he is only guessing about the information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bean do as he is flown to Tactical School?
2. What does Ender do with his Dragon army at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. What is Bean’s primary reason for trapping Achilles?
4. How does Bean get witnesses to Achilles’s confession?
5. For what is the ansible used?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)