|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Bean fill in his new army that Anderson transfered him to?
(a) Intelligence Officer.
(b) Tactical Officer.
(c) Weapons Officer.
2. About what does Sister Carlotta warn Graff, in Chapter 14, concerning Achilles and Bean?
(a) That one will end up dead if Achilles comes to the battle school.
(b) That they know some secret that neither will reveal.
(c) That they are rivals.
(d) That the two should be in the same toon as they work well together.
3. For what does Bean negotiate with Graff in Chapter 17?
(a) Using some school supplies.
(b) Training subliminally.
(c) Adding some more students to his toon even if they are unwilling.
(d) Using a holograph machine.
4. What does Graff tell Bean about Bean’s father?
(a) Graff does not talk to Bean about Bean’s father.
(b) Graff says Julian Delphiki is Bean’s father.
(c) Graff says that Bean’s father is in prison.
(d) Graff says they are still looking for Bean’s father.
5. What does Bean learn is the key to winning against the Buggers?
(a) The Buggers will surrender is sprayed with a solution of hydrogen peroxide.
(b) They must spread a virus that does not affect humans.
(c) They must kill the queen.
(d) They can disrupt the Bugger’s thinking with a sound wave.
6. Who recognizes the danger of someone trying to attack Ender?
(b) No one.
7. What does Ender do with his Dragon army at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Takes them into the battle room.
(b) Gives them special glasses.
(c) Tests each one individually against himself.
(d) Teaches them strategy.
8. What is Bean’s primary reason for trapping Achilles?
(a) So Achilles pays for killing Poke.
(b) Because Bean is afraid of Achilles.
(c) So Achilles will not be given command.
(d) So Achilles is sent back to earth.
9. What was the location of the command school used for before it became the school?
(a) As a way station to deep space.
(b) As a former Bugger base.
(c) As a mining facility.
(d) As a colony planet.
10. How does Anderson think the team will respond to Bean or Ender as team leader?
(a) He thinks the team does not care which boy leads.
(b) He thinks the team prefers Ender.
(c) He is not thinking about leadership.
(d) He thinks the team prefers Bean.
11. How far in the future is the final battle with the Buggers?
(a) A year.
(b) It is unknown yet.
(c) Four months.
(d) Six months.
12. What can be done to a flash suit for strategic reasons?
(a) The color can be changed.
(b) The form can be changed.
(c) The legs or certain other parts of the suit can be flashed.
(d) It can be camouflaged.
13. With what does the team practice at the Command School?
(a) They practice issuing commands to each other.
(b) They practice with command controls.
(c) They practice with video games.
(d) They do not practice, they just study.
14. Who was produced by the first implanted eggs the Delphikis created?
15. What does Sister Carlotta learn about Volescu's genetics in Chapter 14?
(a) That Volescu and Bean's biological mother are siblings.
(b) That Volescu was genetically modified also.
(c) That Bean is distantly related to Volescu genetically.
(d) That Volescu was the prototype for Bean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Ender does with the army?
2. Who do some people say is Bean's big brother?
3. Why is the spin added to the procedure in launch-shoot-spin?
4. What army does Bean force to defend Ender?
5. What does Sister Carlotta learn at the beginning of Chapter 14?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)