|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the weapon used to end the war?
(a) Doom Bomb.
(b) Planet Eater.
(d) Dr. Device.
2. What does Bean suspect about the Buggers’ location?
(a) They do not know all the locations of the Buggers.
(b) He thinks they probably live deep underground.
(c) He has no thoughts about their location.
(d) He believes they are on more than one planet.
3. Who attempts to attack Ender?
(a) Petra's squad.
(b) A group led by Achilles.
(c) Several Formic assassins.
(d) Members of the Salamander army.
4. What does Bean finally understand in Chapter 24 about the practice battles?
(a) The practice battles are actually real battles.
(b) The practice battles do not reflect reality.
(c) It does not matter how much practice they do there are still mistakes.
(d) The team practices in case the real soldiers lose.
5. For what does Bean negotiate with Graff in Chapter 17?
(a) Training subliminally.
(b) Adding some more students to his toon even if they are unwilling.
(c) Using a holograph machine.
(d) Using some school supplies.
6. What material does Bean gather in Chapter 17?
(a) Very strong cord.
(b) Several layers of flash material.
(c) A gel-like substance.For what does Bean use the material he gathers?
(d) A few large reflectors.
7. How does Major Anderson react to Ender’s strategy in the practice battle?
(a) Anderson changes the rules of battle.
(b) He promotes Ender.
(c) He declares a win for the other team.
(d) He does not do anything about Ender’s strategy.
8. What is launch-shoot-spin?
(a) The procedure for the fighter pilots.
(b) A zero-gravity maneuver.
(c) A sequence for sending missiles.
(d) A way to go into hyperdrive while sending off rockets.
9. Where in the battle room is the "enemy gate"?
(b) East wall.
(c) North ceiling.
(d) Left wall.
10. How far in the future is the final battle with the Buggers?
(a) A year.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) It is unknown yet.
11. What does Bean think of the way Ender has organized the Dragon army?
(a) Bean thinks Ender should double the unit sizes.
(b) Bean sees sense in the way Ender has organized it.
(c) Bean thinks Ender is way off base.
(d) Bean thinks the units should be more independent of each other.
12. What does Bean learn is the key to winning against the Buggers?
(a) The Buggers will surrender is sprayed with a solution of hydrogen peroxide.
(b) They can disrupt the Bugger’s thinking with a sound wave.
(c) They must kill the queen.
(d) They must spread a virus that does not affect humans.
13. With whom does Bean think Ender will eventually have a confrontation?
14. What does Sister Carlotta learn about Volescu's genetics in Chapter 14?
(a) That Volescu was genetically modified also.
(b) That Volescu was the prototype for Bean.
(c) That Volescu and Bean's biological mother are siblings.
(d) That Bean is distantly related to Volescu genetically.
15. With what does the team practice at the Command School?
(a) They do not practice, they just study.
(b) They practice with video games.
(c) They practice with command controls.
(d) They practice issuing commands to each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bean feel about Graff’s assertions about Bean’s father?
2. What does Dimak say about the leadership of the team?
3. What does Ender do with his Dragon army at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. Where does Anderson transfer Bean?
5. What does Bean think is one of Ender’s main mistakes in the battles?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)