|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bean get to know the students in detail in Chapter 11?
(a) Observing them.
(b) Reading up in their records.
(c) Asking them questions.
(d) Asking Dimak about them.
2. Why does Bean refuse to play the desk game?
(a) It would reveal too much about him.
(b) He thinks it's boring.
(c) It is too violent.
(d) It is too hard.
3. How do the adults know where the students are?
(a) By the mainframe monitoring their DNA signature.
(b) Through a sensor in the students' uniforms.
(c) Through video monitoring.
(d) Through a chip injected in the arm of the students.
4. With whom does Sister Carlotta speak in Sofia, Bulgaria?
(a) Bean's grandmother.
(b) A metals tycoon.
(c) An exiled Russian scientist.
(d) An artificial intelligence computer.
5. How does Bean get his name?
(a) Sister Carolotta names him that after seeing how many beans he eats.
(b) Bean's brother.
(c) Poke says he is not worth a bean.
(d) Bean's uncle.
6. What does sister Carlotta obtain from Colonel Graff?
(a) A video of all of Bean's activities.
(b) A security clearance.
(c) A commission.
(d) A letter of recommendation.
7. How does Bean access restricted areas in the station's main computer?
(a) By going into Captain Dimak's personal computer and getting a password.
(b) By using his extra names and passwords.
(c) By pretending he has been assigned to work on the hardware.
(d) He tries but is unable to access the main computer.
8. Why does the health of Poke's crew improve?
(a) A doctor starts seeing them when they come to the kitchen.
(b) Bean has found a sponsor and they get regular meals.
(c) From eating at the kitchen.
(d) The government begins a free immunization program.
9. What does Bean observe after leaving the conference between Graff and Dimak?
(a) A teacher entering a name and password in the computer system.
(b) Ender re-writing some computer battle plans.
(c) An engineer breaking an essential part of the hyperdrive.
(d) Ender beating Bonzo in a video game.
10. What second thoughts does Bean have about Achilles?
(a) Achilles should not be crew leader.
(b) They should have killed Achilles.
(c) Achilles should be crew leader.
(d) They should have forced Achilles into a different neighborhood.
11. With whom is Captain Dimak speaking in the opening to Chapter 6?
(a) Dimak's superior officer.
(b) Captain Madrid.
(d) Captain Arkanian.
12. Who does Bean suggest to Poke that they intimidate?
(b) Sister Carlotta.
13. What does Bean realize about the floor vents in the ventilation system?
(a) They do not offer direct access into any spaces.
(b) They give no good viewing angles into the rooms.
(c) They have sound absorbtion materials lining them.
(d) They are monitored.
14. What is the purpose of Achilles' manipulations among the children of the crew?
(a) To keep the children from thinking about how hard their lives are.
(b) To wrest loyalty of the crew members away from Poke.
(c) To help Poke maintain control of the group.
(d) To get them to take responsibility for themselves.
15. How old is Poke?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the main drawbacks to Bean going to battle school?
2. What does Sister Carlotta believe about Bean?
3. What does Sister Carlotta learn about Bean's intelligence?
4. What does Sister Carlotta learn about Bean's DNA?
5. What does Bean notice in the person's room found soon after entering the vent system?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)