|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bean realize about the floor vents in the ventilation system?
(a) They do not offer direct access into any spaces.
(b) They give no good viewing angles into the rooms.
(c) They are monitored.
(d) They have sound absorbtion materials lining them.
2. What is Bean's main strategy in Chapter 5 for his time at school?
(a) To stand out and make it through in record time.
(b) To not stand out in a crowd.
(c) To prove he is better than Ender.
(d) To pretend to be dumb.
3. What confuses Bean when he observes what Achilles does when Achilles meets with Poke?
(a) Seeing Achilles kiss Poke.
(b) Seeing Poke and Achilles split some money up into smaller bundles.
(c) Seeing Achilles slap Poke.
(d) Seeing Poke salute Achilles.
4. How does Bean get his name?
(a) Bean's uncle.
(b) Bean's brother.
(c) Sister Carolotta names him that after seeing how many beans he eats.
(d) Poke says he is not worth a bean.
5. When is it predicted Bean will die?
(a) Bean is expected to have a normal life span.
(b) In his mid-twenties.
(c) In his late fifties.
(d) No one knows when someone will die.
6. Who does Helga Braun contact?
(a) A geneticist.
(b) An IF recruiter.
(c) The police.
(d) An underground slave marketer.
7. With whom does Sister Carlotta speak in Sofia, Bulgaria?
(a) Bean's grandmother.
(b) An exiled Russian scientist.
(c) An artificial intelligence computer.
(d) A metals tycoon.
8. What does sister Carlotta obtain from Colonel Graff?
(a) A security clearance.
(b) A commission.
(c) A letter of recommendation.
(d) A video of all of Bean's activities.
9. What causes several anxiety attacks in the person that Sister Carlotta speaks to in Bulgaria?
(a) Injury due to an accident.
(b) An implantation.
(c) A drug habit.
(d) A genetic defect.
10. With whom does IF believe Bean is overly obsessed?
(a) Captain Dimak.
11. What is Dimak's reply to the warning he is given in Chapter 6?
(a) That Dimak is not intimidated.
(b) That anyone would feel slow-witted around Bean.
(c) That nothing has ever intimidated the enemy before.
(d) That Captain's Madrid's insolence is hiding insecurity.
12. What is a launchy?
(a) A boat used for rescue operations.
(b) A small craft that is launched out of a bay of a larger craft.
(c) A combat stick.
(d) A new student.
13. What does Sister Carlotta decide to do concerning Bean as revealed in Chapter 6?
(a) Take DNA samples and run them through a data base.
(c) Research projects that could have produced Bean.
(d) Send Bean's description to various scientific communities.
14. How do the adults know where the students are?
(a) Through a chip injected in the arm of the students.
(b) Through video monitoring.
(c) Through a sensor in the students' uniforms.
(d) By the mainframe monitoring their DNA signature.
15. What does Bean let interfere with his strategy in responding to the officer?
(a) Bean's need for acceptance.
(b) The man's gun.
(c) Bean's emotions.
(d) Bean's awe of the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bean refuse to play the desk game?
2. Who takes the new students, including Bean, to their quarters?
3. What does Bean decide to do concerning Ender in Chapter 11?
4. Whose room does Bean find soon after entering the vent system?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Bean learn Ender reads or watches?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)