|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Carlotta discover Bean can do that the other members of his crew cannot?
(b) Manipulate large sums of numbers in his head.
(c) Communicate psychically.
2. Where does Dr. Volescu claim he got genetic material?
(a) From his own DNA.
(b) From a sperm bank.
(c) From other doctors in the project.
(d) From paid volunteers.
3. Who does Bean blame for the injuries of the hurt bully?
(a) An outside gang.
(b) The truck.
(c) The kitchen staff.
4. What does Colonel Graff talk to Captain Dimak about concerning Bean?
(a) Bean's altered DNA.
(b) Bean's insubordination.
(c) Bean's acing of the latest round of battle simulations.
(d) Bean's failure to help the other students.
5. Why won't IF accept Achilles?
(a) Because he is crippled.
(b) Because he is mixed race.
(c) Because his parents won't give permission.
(d) Because of his psychological profile.
6. How old does the kid appear to be that Poke sees on top of a garbage can?
7. With whom does Sister Carlotta speak in Sofia, Bulgaria?
(a) A metals tycoon.
(b) An exiled Russian scientist.
(c) Bean's grandmother.
(d) An artificial intelligence computer.
8. What does Sister Carlotta learn about Bean's intelligence?
(a) It is due to the same variableness that any human's intelligence is subject to.
(b) It has peaked and will lessen over time.
(c) His intelligence was only enhanced in areas required for battle.
(d) It is due to the small tweak in his DNA.
9. What organization does Sister Carlotta represent?
(a) The society of Assisi.
(b) The Sisters of Lorenzo.
(c) The Sisters of St. Nicholas.
(d) The society of the Light.
10. Who takes the new students, including Bean, to their quarters?
(b) Captain Malory.
(c) Captain Primod.
(d) Captain Dimak.
11. What does Ender not know about the members of his team?
(a) That they all are several years younger than Ender.
(b) That they all owe Graff a special debt.
(c) That they were all chosen by Bean.
(d) That they all have higher IQs than Ender.
12. With what crime is Dr. Volescu charged?
13. What does Sister Carlotta learn about Bean's DNA?
(a) It has been altered in a very small and undetectable way.
(b) She cannot learn anything about Bean's DNA.
(c) It has not been altered.
(d) It has been significantly altered.
14. What concerns one of the higher-grade officers about Bean?
(a) That Bean will be a flash in the pan.
(b) That Bean will not listen to orders.
(c) That Bean will never learn how to command.
(d) That Bean will receive special treatment.
15. What do the kitchen adults think when they observe a fight between Achilles and another?
(a) They think it is a psychological study of street orphans.
(b) They misinterpret what happened.
(c) They think Achilles is the instigator.
(d) That the children should learn how to survive at a young age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bean notice in the person's room found soon after entering the vent system?
2. How does Sister Carlotta react when Bean tells her about Poke?
3. Why do students climb ladders?
4. Who does Helga Braun contact?
5. What second function do the students' desks serve?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)