Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Parkis visit the Reading Room?
2. Why does Sarah not want to leave her home the night Bendrix calls?
3. Why does Bendrix break his date with Sylvia?
4. Why is Waterbury surprised when Sylvia offers to escort Bendrix to Sarah's funeral?
5. What prevents Sarah from kissing Bendrix after their lunch at Rules?
Bendrix begins the novel by telling his audience it is a "record of hate." Write an essay:
1) arguing whether or not this statement is true
2) demonstrating the ways that the narrator proves (or disproves) his claim.
Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
The End of the Affair is a primarily first person narrative written from the point of view of Bendrix. Discuss how this fact influences the story? What biases does Bendrix bring to the story? How would the novel be different if another character was telling the story? Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Select the most sympathetic and least sympathetic characters in the novel. Write an essay:
1) describing why you think each is sympathetic/not sympathetic
2) defend your position using details from the novel
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)