|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bendrix set as his new writing goal for each day?
(a) 750 words.
(b) 1,000 words.
(c) 2,000 words.
(d) 500 words.
2. Who does Sarah follow to the Pontefract Arms?
(c) Richard Smythe.
3. What does Father Crompton promise to do for Sarah?
(a) Remember her in his daily masses.
(b) Pray for her salvation.
(c) Ensure she will have a Catholic burial.
(d) Absolve her of her sins.
4. What does Bendrix notice in the margins of Sarah's copy of 'Last Expedition'?
(a) Expressions of love for an old boyfriend.
(b) Biblical scripture.
(c) Rude comments.
(d) Punctuation marks.
5. What reason does Henry give Sarah for never having had an extra-marital affair?
(a) He loves Sarah.
(b) He finds affairs detestable.
(c) It would tarnish his public image.
(d) He never had the opportunity.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of this chapter, who is at Henry's house when Bendrix arrives?
2. What about the Catholic church does Henry find "materialistic"?
3. Why does Sarah go to the Portrait Gallery after lunch with Bendrix?
4. How does Bendrix react to Father Crompton?
5. What reason does Smythe give for belief in resurrection?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)