|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bendrix pretend to be when he calls the Miles' home?
(a) Sir William Mallock
(b) Richard Smythe
2. What reason does Smythe give Bendrix for no longer speaking on the Common?
(a) He is unsure of his religious beliefs.
(b) He has been cured of his skin ailment.
(c) He is focusing only on home tutorials.
(d) He has renounced his faith.
3. Why does Sarah decide to visit Richard Smythe?
(a) To see if he can convince her that her promise to God can be broken.
(b) To inquire about the spots on his face.
(c) To begin an affair with him.
(d) To convert him to Christianity.
4. Why does Sarah want to stay in the church after Bendrix leaves?
(a) She wants to confess her sins.
(b) She wants to pray for Bendrix.
(c) She is trying to decide whether she should leave Henry.
(d) Her home doesn't feel like home any longer.
5. How does Smythe characterize Biblical stories?
(a) As truth.
(b) As fables.
(c) As exaggerated events.
(d) As fictionalized events.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smythe first tell Bendrix cured him of his skin ailment?
2. What does Henry give Sarah as a "peace present"?
3. What about Richard Smythe does Sarah find beautiful?
4. Why does Sarah go to the Portrait Gallery after lunch with Bendrix?
5. Who does Sarah follow to the Pontefract Arms?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)