|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Bendrix find in Sarah's collection that was one of his personal favorites?
(a) Andrew Laing's fairy book.
(b) Last Expedition by Captain Scott.
(c) The Children of the New Forest.
(d) The Poetry of Thomas Hood.
2. How does Sarah feel about the Spanish church she visits with Henry?
(a) She feels guilty for abandoning her faith.
(b) The images inspire her.
(c) The images sicken her.
(d) She is spiritually moved by the images.
3. Where does Waterbury tell Sylvia she is to meet him?
(a) At a bar on Tottenham Road.
(b) At Golders Green.
(c) At his apartment.
(d) At a Bartok program that evening.
4. Why does Bendrix break his date with Sylvia?
(a) He must accompany Sarah's mother home.
(b) Henry disapproves of Sylvia.
(c) In order to take Sarah's mother to dinner.
(d) He feels guilty for bringing her to Sarah's funeral.
5. How does Bendrix characterize information that Sarah was baptized a Catholic?
(a) As divine intervention.
(b) As a coincidence.
(c) As a lie.
(d) As an unfortunate truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sarah resolve to begin a romantic relationship with?
2. What does Bendrix set as his new writing goal for each day?
3. Which of the following is NOT a "privilege provided for the dead" in the Catholic church?
4. Who does Henry invite to dinner that makes Bendrix uncomfortable?
5. What about the Catholic church does Henry find "materialistic"?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)