|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bendrix suggest he and Sarah go away to when she leaves Henry?
(b) His apartment.
(c) His cousin's cottage in Dorset.
(d) The U.S.
2. Who does Henry tell Bendrix arrived at his office unexpectedly?
(a) Sarah's mother.
(b) Sarah's sister.
(d) Richard Smythe.
3. Why does Sarah want to stay in the church after Bendrix leaves?
(a) Her home doesn't feel like home any longer.
(b) She wants to pray for Bendrix.
(c) She wants to confess her sins.
(d) She is trying to decide whether she should leave Henry.
4. What line from Sarah's diary comes to Bendrix's mind as he reads a comment she wrote on an old school recital program?
(a) I'm a phoney and a fake.
(b) What utter piffle!
(c) When I ask for pain, you give me peace.
(d) Love doesn't stop just because we stop seeing each other.
5. Why is Bendrix late for Sarah's funeral?
(a) He meets with a journalist who is writing an article about him.
(b) He cannot bear to see Henry.
(c) He is having an affair with another woman.
(d) He intentionally leaves late to avoid the service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sarah decide to visit Richard Smythe?
2. Where does Henry go early one morning that surprises Bendrix?
3. Who does Henry ask to come be with him after Sarah dies?
4. Where does Waterbury tell Sylvia she is to meet him?
5. What does Smythe actually believe cured his skin condition?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)