|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Smythe give Bendrix for no longer speaking on the Common?
(a) He has been cured of his skin ailment.
(b) He has renounced his faith.
(c) He is focusing only on home tutorials.
(d) He is unsure of his religious beliefs.
2. What does Parkis tell Bendrix is wrong with his son?
(a) He has horrible stomach aches.
(b) He is dying of cancer.
(c) He has debilitating headaches.
(d) He is unable to work with Parkis any longer.
3. How does Sarah feel about the Spanish church she visits with Henry?
(a) She feels guilty for abandoning her faith.
(b) She is spiritually moved by the images.
(c) The images sicken her.
(d) The images inspire her.
4. Who does Sarah kiss while touring the shelters at Bigwell-on-Sea?
(a) The warden.
(d) Sir William Mallock.
5. Why does Father Crompton say any prayer is better than none?
(a) Prayers connect a person with God.
(b) Prayers show God a person is interested in becoming Catholic.
(c) Prayers recognize God's power.
(d) Prayers renew a person's faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Father Compton believe Sarah should have a Catholic burial?
2. Who is Bendrix preparing to write a biography of?
3. Why does Richard Smythe ask Sarah to never visit him again?
4. What was the turning point for Sarah's illness?
5. Who is Bendrix surprised to see at Sarah's funeral?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)