|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Parkis' opinion, how do judges view private investigators?
2. Why does Sarah decide to visit Richard Smythe?
(a) To see if he can convince her that her promise to God can be broken.
(b) To convert him to Christianity.
(c) To begin an affair with him.
(d) To inquire about the spots on his face.
3. What does Mrs. Bertram accuse Henry of?
(a) Driving Sarah into Bendrix's arms.
(b) Never loving Sarah.
(c) Killing Sarah.
(d) Not giving Sarah a Catholic funeral.
4. Why does Sarah go out walking in the rain?
(a) She can't stand being in the house.
(b) She is looking for Bendrix.
(c) She is anxious waiting for Henry to come home.
(d) She wants to go to church to pray.
5. How does Sarah repeatedly refer to herself in her diary?
(a) As an adulteress.
(b) As a devout Christian.
(c) As a spurned woman.
(d) As a bitch and a fake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sarah resolve to begin a romantic relationship with?
2. Who does Henry ask to come be with him after Sarah dies?
3. Why does lunching at Peter Jones give Sarah "a sense of peace"?
4. Why does Richard Smythe ask Sarah to never visit him again?
5. At the beginning of this chapter, who is at Henry's house when Bendrix arrives?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)