|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Father Compton believe Sarah should have a Catholic burial?
(a) She expressed a desire to become a Catholic.
(b) She was a confirmed Catholic.
(c) It is the only way to save her soul.
(d) He believes all people should have Catholic burials.
2. What does Father Crompton promise to do for Sarah?
(a) Remember her in his daily masses.
(b) Ensure she will have a Catholic burial.
(c) Absolve her of her sins.
(d) Pray for her salvation.
3. Who does Bendrix lash out at after reading Parkis' letter?
(b) Father Compton.
4. Who had Sarah told Bendrix took the picture of her he has on his desk?
(a) A female friend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
5. What distinction will a K.B.E. give Sarah and Henry?
(a) It will make them a lord and lady.
(b) It will exempt them from taxes.
(c) It will provide them with a luxurious home.
(d) It will place them closer to royalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Father Crompton say any prayer is better than none?
2. What does Sarah say she would rather be than Lady Miles?
3. What does Smythe actually believe cured his skin condition?
4. Why does Bendrix conclude that Sarah never read the collection of Thomas Hood poems he finds in her cupboard?
5. Why does Sarah go out walking in the rain?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)