|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Waterbury want Bendrix's opinion on for his article?
(a) Bendrix's books.
(b) E.M. Forster's books.
2. Why is Henry disappointed when Sarah does not know what an O.B.E is?
(a) It is an important promotion in his job and he wants her to be excited for him.
(b) He doesn't believe she is paying attention to him.
(c) It is essential to his view of himself.
(d) He expects the wife of a government official to know the acronym.
3. Why does Sarah go to the Portrait Gallery after lunch with Bendrix?
(a) To calm herself down.
(b) To meet Henry.
(c) To visit Bendrix's favorite paintings.
(d) To cry without anyone seeing her.
4. In Parkis' opinion, how do judges view private investigators?
5. What was the turning point for Sarah's illness?
(a) Going out in the rain to avoid Bendrix.
(b) Spending the night with Bendrix.
(c) Bendrix telling Henry about her affair.
(d) The cocktail party Parkis attended.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bendrix react to Father Crompton?
2. What does Henry give Sarah as a "peace present"?
3. Who does Bendrix lash out at after reading Parkis' letter?
4. Why does Parkis visit Henry after Sarah's death?
5. Why does Parkis visit the Reading Room?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)