|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sarah want to stay in the church after Bendrix leaves?
(a) She wants to confess her sins.
(b) Her home doesn't feel like home any longer.
(c) She is trying to decide whether she should leave Henry.
(d) She wants to pray for Bendrix.
2. Whose funeral was the first that Bendrix ever attended?
(b) Parkis' son's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His father's.
3. Who unexpectedly comes to visit Henry after Sarah's death?
(b) Richard Smythe.
(c) A priest.
4. Why is Henry afraid to go to sleep after Sarah dies?
(a) He is afraid to live without her.
(b) He is afraid she never loved him.
(c) He is afraid she will haunt him in his sleep.
(d) He is afraid of dreaming about her.
5. Who is Bendrix preparing to write a biography of?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(c) Sir William Mallock.
(d) General Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sarah take Richard Smythe's card?
2. Who does Sarah follow to the Pontefract Arms?
3. Who did Sarah ask to see on her death bed?
4. Why is Henry disappointed when Sarah does not know what an O.B.E is?
5. What reason does Henry give Sarah for never having had an extra-marital affair?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)