|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sarah agree to continue to visit Richard Smythe?
(a) She wants to believe what he believes.
(b) She is attracted to him.
(c) She feels sorry for him.
(d) She has nothing else to do.
2. What does Father Crompton promise to do for Sarah?
(a) Ensure she will have a Catholic burial.
(b) Absolve her of her sins.
(c) Remember her in his daily masses.
(d) Pray for her salvation.
3. Who does Bendrix lash out at after reading Parkis' letter?
(a) Father Compton.
4. Which of the following does NOT happen to Sarah while she is out walking late at night?
(a) She begins to feel love for God.
(b) She becomes soaked with rain.
(c) She runs into Bendrix.
(d) She remembers her last night with Bendrix.
5. What about the Catholic church does Henry find "materialistic"?
(b) The ornate decoration.
(c) The statues of Mary.
(d) The statues of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrives at Henry's home while he and Bendrix are dining with Father Crompton?
2. What does Sarah buy that embarrasses her?
3. What line from Sarah's diary comes to Bendrix's mind as he reads a comment she wrote on an old school recital program?
4. In Parkis' opinion, how do judges view private investigators?
5. What topic does Waterbury want Bendrix's opinion on for his article?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)