|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Father Crompton say any prayer is better than none?
(a) Prayers show God a person is interested in becoming Catholic.
(b) Prayers recognize God's power.
(c) Prayers renew a person's faith.
(d) Prayers connect a person with God.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason Bendrix gives for keeping Sarah's funeral at the crematorium?
(a) Sarah was Christian.
(b) Many people will need to be called to redirect them to the right location.
(c) Changing the funeral might make people talk about Henry.
(d) They will need to print a correction in the newspaper.
3. What does Bendrix notice in the margins of Sarah's copy of 'Last Expedition'?
(a) Biblical scripture.
(b) Punctuation marks.
(c) Rude comments.
(d) Expressions of love for an old boyfriend.
4. What does Bendrix set as his new writing goal for each day?
(a) 500 words.
(b) 1,000 words.
(c) 2,000 words.
(d) 750 words.
5. Why does Henry call Bendrix one morning?
(a) To confront him about his affair with Sarah.
(b) To ask him for help with Sarah.
(c) To ask him to come and take Sarah to the hospital.
(d) To tell him Sarah is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bendrix lash out at after reading Parkis' letter?
2. Why is Henry afraid to go to sleep after Sarah dies?
3. Where does Waterbury tell Sylvia she is to meet him?
4. What topic does Waterbury want Bendrix's opinion on for his article?
5. Who does Sarah follow to the Pontefract Arms?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)