|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bertram accuse Henry of?
(a) Not giving Sarah a Catholic funeral.
(b) Never loving Sarah.
(c) Killing Sarah.
(d) Driving Sarah into Bendrix's arms.
2. Why does Parkis visit Henry after Sarah's death?
(a) To get a memento for his son.
(b) To return Sarah's diary.
(c) To confess his affection for Sarah.
(d) To tell him about his investigation of Sarah.
3. What reason does Smythe give for belief in resurrection?
(a) People want to believe they can be born again.
(b) People will believe anything the church tells them.
(c) People want to believe their bodies are divine.
(d) People need their bodies.
4. Why does Sarah go out walking in the rain?
(a) She is looking for Bendrix.
(b) She can't stand being in the house.
(c) She wants to go to church to pray.
(d) She is anxious waiting for Henry to come home.
5. For what reason does Bendrix discover that Sarah was given a collection of poetry in grade school?
(a) Her math grades.
(b) Her reading ability.
(c) Winning a poetry contest.
(d) Having perfect attendance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sarah take Richard Smythe's card?
2. Why is Bendrix late for Sarah's funeral?
3. What does Parkis tell Bendrix is wrong with his son?
4. Which of the following is NOT a "privilege provided for the dead" in the Catholic church?
5. Who is Bendrix surprised to see at Sarah's funeral?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)