|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at Sarah's house when she returns from her walk?
(c) The police.
(d) One of Henry's colleagues.
2. Why is Henry disappointed when Sarah does not know what an O.B.E is?
(a) He doesn't believe she is paying attention to him.
(b) It is essential to his view of himself.
(c) He expects the wife of a government official to know the acronym.
(d) It is an important promotion in his job and he wants her to be excited for him.
3. Why does Bendrix break his date with Sylvia?
(a) Henry disapproves of Sylvia.
(b) In order to take Sarah's mother to dinner.
(c) He feels guilty for bringing her to Sarah's funeral.
(d) He must accompany Sarah's mother home.
4. What does Sarah say she would rather be than Lady Miles?
(a) Mrs. Bendrix.
(b) Lady Bendrix.
(d) Mrs. Miles.
5. Why is Henry afraid to go to sleep after Sarah dies?
(a) He is afraid to live without her.
(b) He is afraid she will haunt him in his sleep.
(c) He is afraid she never loved him.
(d) He is afraid of dreaming about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sarah write a letter to Henry?
2. How does Henry's secretary refer to him?
3. Who does Sarah resolve to begin a romantic relationship with?
4. What example does Bendrix use to try and convince Henry God is fictional?
5. What aspect of his novel, 'The Ambitious Host', does Henry say Bendrix "got all wrong"?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)