|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry afraid to go to sleep after Sarah dies?
(a) He is afraid of dreaming about her.
(b) He is afraid to live without her.
(c) He is afraid she will haunt him in his sleep.
(d) He is afraid she never loved him.
2. What excuse does Sylvia offer to give Waterbury for breaking their date?
(a) Bendrix needs her support.
(b) She is having dinner with Bendrix.
(c) Her mother is ill.
(d) She has become ill.
3. What does Bendrix notice in the margins of Sarah's copy of 'Last Expedition'?
(a) Biblical scripture.
(b) Punctuation marks.
(c) Expressions of love for an old boyfriend.
(d) Rude comments.
4. What aspect of his novel, 'The Ambitious Host', does Henry say Bendrix "got all wrong"?
(a) A husband wanting his dead wife to come back.
(b) The belief that love lives forever.
(c) A house feeling empty after one's wife dies.
(d) A house feeling more lively when friends are there.
5. Who did Sarah ask to see on her death bed?
(b) A priest.
(c) Richard Smythe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Parkis' opinion, how do judges view private investigators?
2. Why does Sarah want to stay in the church after Bendrix leaves?
3. Why does Bendrix break his date with Sylvia?
4. Why does Parkis visit the Reading Room?
5. What reason does Smythe give for belief in resurrection?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)