|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Henry give Sarah for never having had an extra-marital affair?
(a) He never had the opportunity.
(b) It would tarnish his public image.
(c) He finds affairs detestable.
(d) He loves Sarah.
2. What does Bendrix notice in the margins of Sarah's copy of 'Last Expedition'?
(a) Expressions of love for an old boyfriend.
(b) Rude comments.
(c) Biblical scripture.
(d) Punctuation marks.
3. Why does Father Crompton say any prayer is better than none?
(a) Prayers connect a person with God.
(b) Prayers show God a person is interested in becoming Catholic.
(c) Prayers recognize God's power.
(d) Prayers renew a person's faith.
4. Who does Sarah follow to the Pontefract Arms?
(c) Richard Smythe.
5. What about the Catholic church does Henry find "materialistic"?
(a) The statues of Christ.
(b) The statues of Mary.
(d) The ornate decoration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bendrix surprised to see at Sarah's funeral?
2. Why is Bendrix late for Sarah's funeral?
3. What prevents Bendrix from having sex with the prostitute he brings home one evening?
4. Who does Henry ask to come be with him after Sarah dies?
5. Where does Bendrix follow Sarah to when she leaves her house?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)