|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bendrix follow Sarah to when she leaves her house?
(a) Cedar Road.
(b) A church.
(c) The Commons.
(d) The Portrait Gallery.
2. How does Henry's secretary refer to him?
(a) As Mr. Miles.
(b) As His Majesty.
(c) As H.M.
(d) As Henry.
3. Where does Bendrix suggest he and Sarah go away to when she leaves Henry?
(a) The U.S.
(b) His apartment.
(d) His cousin's cottage in Dorset.
4. Why does Father Crompton say any prayer is better than none?
(a) Prayers recognize God's power.
(b) Prayers connect a person with God.
(c) Prayers show God a person is interested in becoming Catholic.
(d) Prayers renew a person's faith.
5. What about Richard Smythe does Sarah find beautiful?
(a) His hands.
(b) His beliefs.
(c) His scarred face.
(d) His confidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Bendrix take as proof Sarah would have wanted to be cremated?
2. What topic does Waterbury want Bendrix's opinion on for his article?
3. Why does Sarah go out walking in the rain?
4. What reason does Henry give Sarah for never having had an extra-marital affair?
5. Why does Bendrix break his date with Sylvia?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)