|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Henry first give Bendrix for stopping by his apartment?
(a) He wants Bendrix to move in with him.
(b) He wants to talk about Sarah.
(c) He is lonely and misses Sarah.
(d) He was passing by and wanted to say .
2. Which of the following is NOT a "privilege provided for the dead" in the Catholic church?
(a) Prayers for the deceased.
(b) Remembrances of the dead.
(c) A place in heaven for the dead.
(d) Masses said in the deceased's honor.
3. Why does Henry say he would not want to be transferred to the Ministry of Information?
(a) He enjoys working at the Ministry of Home Security.
(b) He would rather be in London.
(c) The employees are all temporary workers.
(d) They would have to move abroad.
4. Who does Bendrix lash out at after reading Parkis' letter?
(c) Father Compton.
5. What was the turning point for Sarah's illness?
(a) Going out in the rain to avoid Bendrix.
(b) The cocktail party Parkis attended.
(c) Bendrix telling Henry about her affair.
(d) Spending the night with Bendrix.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Smythe give Bendrix for no longer speaking on the Common?
2. What prevents Bendrix from having sex with the prostitute he brings home one evening?
3. What line from Sarah's diary comes to Bendrix's mind as he reads a comment she wrote on an old school recital program?
4. Why does Sarah want to stay in the church after Bendrix leaves?
5. In Parkis' opinion, how do judges view private investigators?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)