|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smythe first tell Bendrix cured him of his skin ailment?
(a) An operation.
(d) Sarah's kiss.
2. Who does Sarah kiss while touring the shelters at Bigwell-on-Sea?
(b) The warden.
(c) Sir William Mallock.
3. How does Henry's secretary refer to him?
(a) As H.M.
(b) As Henry.
(c) As His Majesty.
(d) As Mr. Miles.
4. What reason does Sylvia give for her knowledge of the grounds at Golders Green?
(a) Her father was cremated there two years earlier.
(b) She grew up near there.
(c) Her mother was cremated there recently.
(d) Her father worked at the crematorium.
5. What does Smythe actually believe cured his skin condition?
(a) Psychiatry and radium.
(c) Electric treatment.
(d) Touching his cheek to Sarah's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason Bendrix gives for keeping Sarah's funeral at the crematorium?
2. Why is Henry afraid to go to sleep after Sarah dies?
3. Who did Sarah ask to see on her death bed?
4. Where does Bendrix suggest he and Sarah go away to when she leaves Henry?
5. Where does Henry go early one morning that surprises Bendrix?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)