|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT happen to Sarah while she is out walking late at night?
(a) She remembers her last night with Bendrix.
(b) She runs into Bendrix.
(c) She begins to feel love for God.
(d) She becomes soaked with rain.
2. Why does lunching at Peter Jones give Sarah "a sense of peace"?
(a) There are no memories of Bendrix there.
(b) She does not have to worry about running into Bendrix.
(c) She has resolved to never see Bendrix again.
(d) There are no men there.
3. Why does Sarah decide to visit Richard Smythe?
(a) To see if he can convince her that her promise to God can be broken.
(b) To inquire about the spots on his face.
(c) To convert him to Christianity.
(d) To begin an affair with him.
4. What does Parkis tell Bendrix is wrong with his son?
(a) He is unable to work with Parkis any longer.
(b) He is dying of cancer.
(c) He has horrible stomach aches.
(d) He has debilitating headaches.
5. What reason does Smythe give for belief in resurrection?
(a) People need their bodies.
(b) People want to believe they can be born again.
(c) People will believe anything the church tells them.
(d) People want to believe their bodies are divine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinction will a K.B.E. give Sarah and Henry?
2. What does Sarah promise to do if Bendrix answers the phone when she calls from Bigwell-on-Sea?
3. Why does Bendrix break his date with Sylvia?
4. What does Henry give Sarah as a "peace present"?
5. How does Smythe characterize Biblical stories?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)