|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry invite to dinner that makes Bendrix uncomfortable?
(b) Parkis' son, Lance.
(c) Father Crompton.
(d) Richard Smythe.
2. Who is Bendrix preparing to write a biography of?
(a) General Gordon.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Sir William Mallock.
3. Why is Waterbury surprised when Sylvia offers to escort Bendrix to Sarah's funeral?
(a) Waterbury is jealous that Sylvia is attracted to Bendrix.
(b) It is Tuesday and she usually visits her mother on Wednesdays.
(c) It is Wednesday and she usually visits her mother on Thursdays.
(d) Sylvia is under contract to work only with Waterbury.
4. Why does Father Crompton say any prayer is better than none?
(a) Prayers renew a person's faith.
(b) Prayers connect a person with God.
(c) Prayers recognize God's power.
(d) Prayers show God a person is interested in becoming Catholic.
5. Who does Bendrix lash out at after reading Parkis' letter?
(d) Father Compton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bendrix surprised to see at Sarah's funeral?
2. What reason does Smythe give Bendrix for no longer speaking on the Common?
3. Who unexpectedly comes to visit Henry after Sarah's death?
4. Why does Father Compton believe Sarah should have a Catholic burial?
5. For what reason does Bendrix discover that Sarah was given a collection of poetry in grade school?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)