|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Smythe characterize Biblical stories?
(a) As fables.
(b) As truth.
(c) As exaggerated events.
(d) As fictionalized events.
2. Why is Henry disappointed when Sarah does not know what an O.B.E is?
(a) He doesn't believe she is paying attention to him.
(b) He expects the wife of a government official to know the acronym.
(c) It is an important promotion in his job and he wants her to be excited for him.
(d) It is essential to his view of himself.
3. Who does Henry invite to dinner that makes Bendrix uncomfortable?
(a) Father Crompton.
(c) Parkis' son, Lance.
(d) Richard Smythe.
4. Why does Bendrix conclude that Sarah never read the collection of Thomas Hood poems he finds in her cupboard?
(a) The pages are clean.
(b) The binding is not broken.
(c) The book is sealed in plastic.
(d) He knows Sarah disliked poetry.
5. What does Sarah's mother ask Bendrix for?
(a) A memento of Sarah.
(c) An autograph.
(d) His company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sarah kiss while touring the shelters at Bigwell-on-Sea?
2. How does Sarah repeatedly refer to herself in her diary?
3. What reason does Sylvia give for her knowledge of the grounds at Golders Green?
4. What event does Bendrix take as proof Sarah would have wanted to be cremated?
5. How does Bendrix react to Father Crompton?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)