|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bendrix characterize information that Sarah was baptized a Catholic?
(a) As a lie.
(b) As an unfortunate truth.
(c) As divine intervention.
(d) As a coincidence.
2. Why does Sarah agree to continue to visit Richard Smythe?
(a) She has nothing else to do.
(b) She is attracted to him.
(c) She feels sorry for him.
(d) She wants to believe what he believes.
3. What reason does Smythe give for belief in resurrection?
(a) People want to believe their bodies are divine.
(b) People will believe anything the church tells them.
(c) People want to believe they can be born again.
(d) People need their bodies.
4. Where does Henry go early one morning that surprises Bendrix?
(a) To the home of a woman he is romantically involved with.
(b) To have breakfast with Father Crompton.
(c) To hear the mass Father Crompton gives for Sarah.
(d) To work.
5. What event does Bendrix take as proof Sarah would have wanted to be cremated?
(a) In her diary she renounced God.
(b) She never spoke about religion to him or to Henry.
(c) She chose to have her wedding at the registry rather than a church.
(d) The last time he saw her she was in a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry ask to come be with him after Sarah dies?
2. At the beginning of this chapter, who is at Henry's house when Bendrix arrives?
3. How does Bendrix react to Father Crompton?
4. Why does Richard Smythe ask Sarah to never visit him again?
5. Why is Bendrix late for Sarah's funeral?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)