|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smythe actually believe cured his skin condition?
(a) Psychiatry and radium.
(c) Touching his cheek to Sarah's hair.
(d) Electric treatment.
2. What favor does Henry ask of Bendrix?
(a) To contact Sarah's mother.
(b) To meet him for dinner at his club from time to time.
(c) To never speak of Sarah again.
(d) To move in with him.
3. Who travels with Bendrix to the funeral?
4. Why does Sarah write a letter to Henry?
(a) To explain her love for him.
(b) To confess her affair with Bendrix.
(c) To tell him she is in love with Richard Smythe.
(d) To tell him she is leaving him for Bendrix.
5. Who had Sarah told Bendrix took the picture of her he has on his desk?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) A female friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry give Sarah as a "peace present"?
2. Who unexpectedly comes to visit Henry after Sarah's death?
3. Why does Sarah go walking on the Common?
4. What does Smythe first tell Bendrix cured him of his skin ailment?
5. Why does lunching at Peter Jones give Sarah "a sense of peace"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)