|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who unexpectedly comes to visit Henry after Sarah's death?
(a) A priest.
(c) Richard Smythe.
2. Who is at Sarah's house when she returns from her walk?
(b) The police.
(d) One of Henry's colleagues.
3. What does Henry give Sarah as a "peace present"?
(a) A new watch.
(b) A new purse.
(c) A divorce.
(d) A trip to the beach.
4. What does Sarah's mother ask Bendrix for?
(b) A memento of Sarah.
(c) An autograph.
(d) His company.
5. Who is Bendrix preparing to write a biography of?
(a) Sir William Mallock.
(b) General Gordon.
(c) Winston Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah repeatedly refer to herself in her diary?
2. Who does Henry ask to come be with him after Sarah dies?
3. What event does Bendrix take as proof Sarah would have wanted to be cremated?
4. Why does Henry call Bendrix one morning?
5. Why does Bendrix conclude that Sarah never read the collection of Thomas Hood poems he finds in her cupboard?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)