|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image does Sarah use to refer to a place where there is no love?
(a) A desert.
(b) A mine field.
(c) A train.
(d) A war.
2. What was the first thing Bendrix noticed about Sarah at the party where they met?
(a) Her happiness.
(b) Her smile.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her devotion to Henry.
3. What does Bendrix see in the newspaper that sparks his desire for Sarah?
(a) An article about adultery.
(b) A picture of Sarah alone at a movie premiere.
(c) An article about Henry's job promotion.
(d) A picture of Henry and her at a movie premiere.
4. What disturbs Henry about Sarah's treatment of Bendrix when he visits while Henry is sick?
(a) He is suspicious that they are having an affair.
(b) He thinks Sarah is too friendly towards Bendrix.
(c) He is upset that Sarah does not bring Bendrix into his room to visit him.
(d) He wishes she served him the good claret with lunch.
5. What concern does Henry have about Sarah that he shares with Bendrix?
(a) Henry believes Sarah is stealing money from him.
(b) Henry believes Sarah may leave him.
(c) Henry believes Sarah is having an affair.
(d) Henry believes Sarah is very ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flavor of ice does Lance spill on his suit while he is with Bendrix?
2. What does Sarah think has happened to Bendrix when she first sees him after the bomb strikes?
3. What do Sarah and Bendrix do while Henry has his lunch tray in bed?
4. This chapter is primarily a.....
5. What happens to the man with the small boy when Bendrix begins staring at him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Bendrix notice attended Sarah's funeral?
2. What does Bendrix do after reading the letter Parkis got from Sarah's garbage can to prove to himself he is no longer in love with her? Is he successful?
3. What is unusual about Richard Smythe's appearance?
4. What does Sarah not realize about Henry's crying?
5. Why is Henry shocked when Bendrix's friend tells him he "has been following the reports"?
6. What is Father Crompton's opinion of Sarah?
7. What is disturbing to Sarah about the dream she has?
8. What ironic fact does Sarah's mother reveal to Bendrix as they having dinner? Why is this ironic?
9. Why doesn't Sarah rescue Bendrix when the door of his apartment building falls on him?
10. What exchange do Parkis and Henry have after Sarah's death?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)