|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason Bendrix gives Henry for Sarah's willingness to stay in a loveless marriage?
(a) Sarah is an intensely loyal person.
(b) Sarah has a sense of security with Henry.
(c) Sarah has gotten in to the habit of being with Henry.
(d) Henry is able to provide for her financially.
2. What does Parkis take from Sarah's house that he shares with Bendrix?
(a) A letter from Sarah's wastebasket.
(b) A letter sent to Sarah from Smythe.
(c) Sarah's diary.
(d) Sarah's appointment calendar.
3. What does Henry eat for lunch at the club while dining with Bendrix?
(a) Steak and onions.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) Wiener Schnitzel.
(d) A Vienna steak.
4. What does Bendrix see in the newspaper that sparks his desire for Sarah?
(a) A picture of Sarah alone at a movie premiere.
(b) An article about adultery.
(c) An article about Henry's job promotion.
(d) A picture of Henry and her at a movie premiere.
5. What does Sarah see that alerts her that Bendrix is caught under the door after the bombing?
(a) His legs.
(b) His hat.
(c) His hand.
(d) His feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sarah's dream, what does she hear instead of Bendrix's voice?
2. What does Parkis suggest Bendrix pose as when he visits Mr. Smythe?
3. When Bendrix first meets him how long does Henry say he and Sarah have been married?
4. What strikes Bendrix when the bomb hits his apartment building?
5. Who does Sarah notice for the first time while waiting on the Common for Bendrix?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Bendrix notice attended Sarah's funeral?
2. Why does Bendrix decide to invite Henry to lunch?
3. What is the significance of the man spilling his beer in Rules restaurant?
4. Why is Bendrix not concerned when his first intimate encounter with Sarah is not momentous?
5. Describe the Bolton case Parkis refers to
6. According to Bendrix, why did Sarah end their affair?
7. Describe Mr. Savage
8. What ironic fact does Sarah's mother reveal to Bendrix as they having dinner? Why is this ironic?
9. Why is Bendrix desperate for Parkis to leave once he has Sarah's diary?
10. What does Sarah realize when she prays to God to save Bendrix?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)