|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bendrix surprised to learn from reading Sarah's diary?
(a) That she loved him.
(b) That she missed him when they could not see each other.
(c) That she never wanted to leave him.
(d) That she never loved him.
2. What code word do Sarah and Bendrix use during their affair to refer to love and sex?
3. How does Sarah react to Bendrix as a writer?
(a) She acknowledges his profession and leaves it at that.
(b) She asks several questions about his books.
(c) She criticizes his latest book.
(d) She gushes about his books.
4. What does Bendrix agree to do to help Henry?
(a) Visit a private investigator.
(b) Follow Sarah.
(c) Talk with Sarah.
(d) Visit a lawyer.
5. When Bendrix first meets him how long does Henry say he and Sarah have been married?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry go downstairs when he is sick?
2. How many words does Bendrix vow to write each day?
3. What does Bendrix say is the only thing Henry really wants from Sarah?
4. What disturbs Henry about Sarah's treatment of Bendrix when he visits while Henry is sick?
5. What concern does Henry have about Sarah that he shares with Bendrix?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the topic of the body play in this chapter?
2. What ironic fact does Sarah's mother reveal to Bendrix as they having dinner? Why is this ironic?
3. What does the nurse say Sarah requested before she died? How does Henry react?
4. What does Bendrix find written inside of one of Sarah's children's books?
5. Describe the Bolton case Parkis refers to
6. What does Sarah not realize about Henry's crying?
7. Why does Sarah become upset with herself for referring to God as "dear"?
8. What alerts Bendrix and Sarah that the air attack on London is "something new"?
9. Why is Henry shocked when Bendrix's friend tells him he "has been following the reports"?
10. Who does Bendrix notice attended Sarah's funeral?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)