|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sarah and Bendrix do while Henry has his lunch tray in bed?
(a) Go to Bendrix's apartment.
(b) Eat lunch in the Miles' living room.
(c) Go to Rules for lunch.
(d) Have sex in the Miles' living room.
2. What was the first thing Bendrix noticed about Sarah at the party where they met?
(a) Her happiness.
(b) Her smile.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her devotion to Henry.
3. What does Parkis take from Sarah's house that he shares with Bendrix?
(a) A letter from Sarah's wastebasket.
(b) Sarah's diary.
(c) A letter sent to Sarah from Smythe.
(d) Sarah's appointment calendar.
4. In Sarah's dream, what does she hear instead of Bendrix's voice?
(a) The voice of God.
(b) Henry's voice.
(c) Richard Smythe's voice.
(d) A stranger's loud voice.
5. What scene from the movie adaptation of his novel does Bendrix say moves him?
(a) The couple holding hands innocently.
(b) The couple's dialogue.
(c) The couple in the cheap restaurant.
(d) The couple beginning their affair.
6. Why do Sarah and Bendrix choose the Bristol hotel?
(a) It is available by the hour.
(b) They can pretend to be married there.
(c) It is a luxury hotel.
(d) The manager does not ask questions of them.
7. What does Sarah do with the letter Bendrix sends to her after she leaves him?
(a) She opens it and reads it.
(b) She gives it to Henry.
(c) She tears it up.
(d) She burns it.
8. What does Henry eat for lunch at the club while dining with Bendrix?
(a) Steak and onions.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A Vienna steak.
(d) Wiener Schnitzel.
9. How does Sarah expect Bendrix to react when she arrives late to meet him one afternoon?
(a) She expects him to be understanding.
(b) She expects he would not have waited for her.
(c) She expects he will be disappointed.
(d) She expects him to be angry.
10. Where does Bendrix take Sarah on their first "date"?
(a) To the theatre.
(b) To a reading from one of his books.
(c) To a movie adaptation of one of his books.
(d) To a museum.
11. While eating lunch what does Sarah tell Bendrix she is concerned about?
(a) Her feelings about Bendrix.
(b) Her health.
(c) Henry's demeanor.
(d) Bendrix's continued love for her.
12. What does Bendrix agree to do to help Henry?
(a) Visit a lawyer.
(b) Talk with Sarah.
(c) Visit a private investigator.
(d) Follow Sarah.
13. Who lives in the apartment Sarah has been visiting at 16 Cedar Road?
(c) Mr. Smythe and his sister.
(d) One of Henry's colleagues.
14. What "stranger's influence" does Bendrix think Sarah is under when she breaks off their relationship?
(a) Someone who is religious.
15. Who was responsible for facilitating Bendrix and Sarah's first night of intimacy (in Bendrix's opinion)?
(b) Lewis, the Liberal from Wales.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was responsible for writing the report Parkis gives to Bendrix?
2. How does Sarah react to Bendrix as a writer?
3. What does Bendrix say is the only thing Henry really wants from Sarah?
4. What concern does Henry have about Sarah that he shares with Bendrix?
5. What flavor of ice does Lance spill on his suit while he is with Bendrix?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)