|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of Sarah's phone call to Bendrix?
(a) She wanted to invite him to lunch.
(b) She wanted to talk with him about their affair.
(c) She wanted to ask him why he and Henry were talking about her.
(d) She wanted to talk about Henry.
2. This chapter is primarily a.....
3. Where does Parkis say in his report that he followed Sarah to?
(a) A Catholic church.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) A party.
(d) An apartment on Cedar Road.
4. What religion does Richard Smythe preach?
(d) None. He is a rational atheist.
5. In Sarah's dream, what does she hear instead of Bendrix's voice?
(a) A stranger's loud voice.
(b) Richard Smythe's voice.
(c) The voice of God.
(d) Henry's voice.
6. In Bendrix's opinion, what is jealousy connected to?
7. Who is the Maurice that Sarah refers to in her diary?
(d) A colleague of Henry's.
8. What does Bendrix see in the newspaper that sparks his desire for Sarah?
(a) An article about adultery.
(b) An article about Henry's job promotion.
(c) A picture of Sarah alone at a movie premiere.
(d) A picture of Henry and her at a movie premiere.
9. What flavor of ice does Lance spill on his suit while he is with Bendrix?
10. What does Bendrix think has happened when he and Sarah first hear the air-raid sirens?
(a) Enemy planes entered the air space over London.
(b) London is about to be bombed.
(c) Someone accidently sounded the siren.
(d) London is under attack.
11. What is Bendrix surprised to learn from reading Sarah's diary?
(a) That she loved him.
(b) That she never loved him.
(c) That she missed him when they could not see each other.
(d) That she never wanted to leave him.
12. What strikes Bendrix when the bomb hits his apartment building?
(a) The front door.
(b) Glass from the windows.
(c) His apartment door.
(d) The staircase.
13. Who was responsible for facilitating Bendrix and Sarah's first night of intimacy (in Bendrix's opinion)?
(d) Lewis, the Liberal from Wales.
14. Who is Parkis' son named after?
(a) King Arthur.
(c) Sir Lancelot.
15. What does Bendrix agree to do to help Henry?
(a) Visit a lawyer.
(b) Talk with Sarah.
(c) Visit a private investigator.
(d) Follow Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry finally suspect Bendrix and Sarah had an affair?
2. What was the first thing Bendrix noticed about Sarah at the party where they met?
3. Why does Parkis ask Bendrix to write to Mr. Savage?
4. What does Bendrix tell Henry is the only thing Sarah could do with him that she couldn't with her husband?
5. What does Parkis tell Bendrix the Miles' maid was unable to collect for him?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)