Short Answer Key
Book 1, Chapter 1 | Book 1, Chapter 2
1. Why does Bendrix say it was strange to see Henry on the Common that night?
It is raining and Henry had always liked to be comfortable.
2. How did Bendrix originally meet Sarah?
He was researching Henry's profession for a book.
3. What concern does Henry have about Sarah that he shares with Bendrix?
Henry believes Sarah is having an affair.
4. What does Bendrix agree to do to help Henry?
Visit a private investigator.
5. Who does Mr. Savage say will be the most help to his investigator?
The Miles' maid.
6. Which of the following situations involving the investigator is Bendrix NOT concerned about?
Henry paying for the investigation.
Book 1, Chapter 3 | Book 1, Chapter 4
1. What was the first thing Bendrix noticed about Sarah at the party where they met?
This section contains 2,966 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)