|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Waterbury tell Sylvia she is to meet him?
(a) At Golders Green.
(b) At a bar on Tottenham Road.
(c) At a Bartok program that evening.
(d) At his apartment.
2. Why is Bendrix focused on his newspaper when Sarah arrives at lunch?
(a) He is reading an interesting article.
(b) He is hiding from Parkis.
(c) He is trying to not attract attention.
(d) He does not want to watch the door.
3. Why is Bendrix late for Sarah's funeral?
(a) He cannot bear to see Henry.
(b) He meets with a journalist who is writing an article about him.
(c) He intentionally leaves late to avoid the service.
(d) He is having an affair with another woman.
4. Where does Bendrix take Sarah on their first "date"?
(a) To a reading from one of his books.
(b) To a movie adaptation of one of his books.
(c) To the theatre.
(d) To a museum.
5. What "stranger's influence" does Bendrix think Sarah is under when she breaks off their relationship?
(a) Someone who is religious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes Bendrix when the bomb hits his apartment building?
2. Whose funeral was the first that Bendrix ever attended?
3. How does Sarah repeatedly refer to herself in her diary?
4. Which of the following is NOT a "privilege provided for the dead" in the Catholic church?
5. What role does Bendrix say Henry had in his affair with Sarah?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)