|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Bendrix say Henry had in his affair with Sarah?
(a) Henry's friendship with Bendrix allowed him access to Sarah.
(b) Henry's busy work schedule gave Sarah too much free time.
(c) Henry served as a pimp by ignoring and refusing to attend to Sarah's needs.
(d) Henry's cruelty towards Sarah drove her into Bendrix's arms.
2. What disturbs Henry about Sarah's treatment of Bendrix when he visits while Henry is sick?
(a) He is suspicious that they are having an affair.
(b) He wishes she served him the good claret with lunch.
(c) He thinks Sarah is too friendly towards Bendrix.
(d) He is upset that Sarah does not bring Bendrix into his room to visit him.
3. Why does Sarah take Richard Smythe's card?
(a) To give to Henry.
(b) To know where she can contact him.
(c) To make him feel better.
(d) To send to Bendrix.
4. When do the final entries of Sarah's diary take place?
(a) Two years after her affair with Bendrix ended.
(b) Prior to her affair with Bendrix.
(c) The days after her affair with Bendrix ended.
(d) During her affair with Bendrix.
5. Who does Henry invite to dinner that makes Bendrix uncomfortable?
(a) Parkis' son, Lance.
(c) Father Crompton.
(d) Richard Smythe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Smythe give for belief in resurrection?
2. When Bendrix first meets him how long does Henry say he and Sarah have been married?
3. How does Sarah react to Bendrix as a writer?
4. Who does Sarah ask for peace to come to in the first diary entry Bendrix reads?
5. What scene from the movie adaptation of his novel does Bendrix say moves him?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)