|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sarah and Bendrix choose the Bristol hotel?
(a) It is available by the hour.
(b) It is a luxury hotel.
(c) They can pretend to be married there.
(d) The manager does not ask questions of them.
2. What does Bendrix say always helped him regain trust in Sarah?
(a) Her love letters.
(b) Her phone calls.
(c) Seeing her.
(d) Her feelings about Henry.
3. What happens to the man with the small boy when Bendrix begins staring at him?
(a) He turns away.
(b) He becomes flustered.
(c) He spills his beer.
(d) His son spills his drink.
4. Why is Parkis intent on Bendrix returning the letter from Sarah that he got from her maid?
(a) He thinks it could be used as evidence in a divorce trial (should there ever be one).
(b) Parkis has become strangely attracted to Sarah.
(c) Mr. Savage requires him to keep all items collected from subjects of observation.
(d) He wants to review the letter himself.
5. Why does Bendrix think Henry asks him to dine at his club instead of Bendrix's?
(a) Henry does not want to be in the presence of the journalists at Bendrix's club.
(b) Henry likes the wine at his club better than Bendrix's.
(c) Henry doesn't want to feel obligated by receiving a free meal.
(d) Henry wants to be seen in his club with a famous author.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first thing Bendrix noticed about Sarah at the party where they met?
2. What "stranger's influence" does Bendrix think Sarah is under when she breaks off their relationship?
3. Why is Bendrix unable to return Sarah's phone call?
4. What does Parkis suggest Bendrix pose as when he visits Mr. Smythe?
5. What project is Henry working on the night Bendrix and Sarah begin their affair?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)