|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry finally suspect Bendrix and Sarah had an affair?
(a) Henry says this is the only explanation for Bendrix hiring Parkis.
(b) Henry sees the anger in Bendrix's face when he reads Parkis' reports.
(c) Henry always suspected, but never wanted to confront Bendrix.
(d) Henry sees similar behaviors in Sarah now.
2. What scene from the movie adaptation of his novel does Bendrix say moves him?
(a) The couple beginning their affair.
(b) The couple in the cheap restaurant.
(c) The couple's dialogue.
(d) The couple holding hands innocently.
3. What role does Bendrix say Henry had in his affair with Sarah?
(a) Henry's friendship with Bendrix allowed him access to Sarah.
(b) Henry served as a pimp by ignoring and refusing to attend to Sarah's needs.
(c) Henry's cruelty towards Sarah drove her into Bendrix's arms.
(d) Henry's busy work schedule gave Sarah too much free time.
4. Why is Bendrix unable to return Sarah's phone call?
(a) He is embarrassed at hiring Mr. Savage.
(b) His landlady will not let him use the phone.
(c) She will not accept his call.
(d) She has changed her phone number.
5. In Bendrix's opinion, what is jealousy connected to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Parkis say in his report that he followed Sarah to?
2. What does Bendrix say is the only thing Henry really wants from Sarah?
3. How does Sarah react to Bendrix as a writer?
4. What signals Sarah and Bendrix that Henry has returned home?
5. How does Henry react when Bendrix tells him he contacted Savage?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)