|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signals Sarah and Bendrix that Henry has returned home?
(a) A squeak on the stairs.
(b) The front door opening.
(c) His presence in the living room.
(d) His coat hanging by the front door.
2. Why is Henry surprised when Bendrix tells him he must return home after refusing a drink?
(a) Bendrix and Sarah are acting suspiciously.
(b) Bendrix has never declined to have a drink with Henry.
(c) Bendrix had just arrived at the Miles' home.
(d) Bendrix told Henry he has to work and Henry believed Bendrix only wrote in the mornings.
3. Why is Bendrix focused on his newspaper when Sarah arrives at lunch?
(a) He is hiding from Parkis.
(b) He does not want to watch the door.
(c) He is trying to not attract attention.
(d) He is reading an interesting article.
4. Why does Henry go downstairs when he is sick?
(a) He is fixing himself lunch.
(b) He wants to get a hot water bottle.
(c) He knows Bendrix will be there.
(d) He wants to speak to Sarah.
5. What "stranger's influence" does Bendrix think Sarah is under when she breaks off their relationship?
(b) Someone who is religious.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bendrix originally meet Sarah?
2. Why is Bendrix unable to return Sarah's phone call?
3. Why is Parkis intent on Bendrix returning the letter from Sarah that he got from her maid?
4. What project is Henry working on the night Bendrix and Sarah begin their affair?
5. According to Henry, how does Sarah now feel about Bendrix?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)