|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the final entries of Sarah's diary take place?
(a) Two years after her affair with Bendrix ended.
(b) The days after her affair with Bendrix ended.
(c) Prior to her affair with Bendrix.
(d) During her affair with Bendrix.
2. What was the purpose of Sarah's phone call to Bendrix?
(a) She wanted to talk about Henry.
(b) She wanted to invite him to lunch.
(c) She wanted to talk with him about their affair.
(d) She wanted to ask him why he and Henry were talking about her.
3. What does Sarah buy that embarrasses her?
(a) A gift for Henry.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) Bendrix's new book.
4. Why is Bendrix excused from military service during the war?
(a) He has one leg that is shorter than the other.
(b) Henry pulls strings for him at the Department of Home Security.
(c) He signs up for civil duty.
(d) He is a writer and writers are exempt from service.
5. Whose funeral was the first that Bendrix ever attended?
(a) His father's.
(b) Parkis' son's.
(d) His mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the Catholic church does Henry find "materialistic"?
2. Why is Bendrix unable to return Sarah's phone call?
3. What does Bendrix think has happened when he and Sarah first hear the air-raid sirens?
4. Why does Father Compton believe Sarah should have a Catholic burial?
5. At the beginning of this chapter, who is at Henry's house when Bendrix arrives?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)