|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "stranger's influence" does Bendrix think Sarah is under when she breaks off their relationship?
(b) Someone who is religious.
2. When Bendrix first meets him how long does Henry say he and Sarah have been married?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 1 year.
3. Why is Waterbury surprised when Sylvia offers to escort Bendrix to Sarah's funeral?
(a) It is Wednesday and she usually visits her mother on Thursdays.
(b) Waterbury is jealous that Sylvia is attracted to Bendrix.
(c) Sylvia is under contract to work only with Waterbury.
(d) It is Tuesday and she usually visits her mother on Wednesdays.
4. Why is Henry surprised when Bendrix tells him he must return home after refusing a drink?
(a) Bendrix and Sarah are acting suspiciously.
(b) Bendrix told Henry he has to work and Henry believed Bendrix only wrote in the mornings.
(c) Bendrix has never declined to have a drink with Henry.
(d) Bendrix had just arrived at the Miles' home.
5. What code word do Sarah and Bendrix use during their affair to refer to love and sex?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does this chapter take place?
2. In Bendrix's opinion, what is jealousy connected to?
3. Why is Henry disappointed when Sarah does not know what an O.B.E is?
4. At the beginning of this chapter, who is at Henry's house when Bendrix arrives?
5. What does Bendrix say is the only thing Henry really wants from Sarah?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)