|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry surprised when Bendrix tells him he must return home after refusing a drink?
(a) Bendrix has never declined to have a drink with Henry.
(b) Bendrix and Sarah are acting suspiciously.
(c) Bendrix had just arrived at the Miles' home.
(d) Bendrix told Henry he has to work and Henry believed Bendrix only wrote in the mornings.
2. What is Henry's opinion of onions?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He will only eat them with steaks.
(d) He has no opinion of onions.
3. According to Henry, how does Sarah now feel about Bendrix?
(a) She is deeply in love with him.
(b) She is ambivalent towards him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is very fond of him.
4. Why is Parkis intent on Bendrix returning the letter from Sarah that he got from her maid?
(a) Parkis has become strangely attracted to Sarah.
(b) He wants to review the letter himself.
(c) Mr. Savage requires him to keep all items collected from subjects of observation.
(d) He thinks it could be used as evidence in a divorce trial (should there ever be one).
5. What is the topic that most often lead to arguments between Sarah and Bendrix?
(b) Her past.
(d) Her marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the purpose of Sarah's phone call to Bendrix?
2. How does Bendrix reply to Parkis' request for comments on the letter found in Sarah's waste basket?
3. This chapter is primarily a.....
4. What code word do Sarah and Bendrix use during their affair to refer to love and sex?
5. What signals Sarah and Bendrix that Henry has returned home?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)