|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bendrix go to the basement alone when the V1 strikes near his apartment?
(a) Sarah is hiding under his bed.
(b) Sarah has left to go back to Henry.
(c) To check and see if his landlady is there before Sarah joins him.
(d) To clear a path for Sarah to get to the basement.
2. What "stranger's influence" does Bendrix think Sarah is under when she breaks off their relationship?
(c) Someone who is religious.
3. In Sarah's dream, what does she hear instead of Bendrix's voice?
(a) Henry's voice.
(b) The voice of God.
(c) A stranger's loud voice.
(d) Richard Smythe's voice.
4. When do the final entries of Sarah's diary take place?
(a) Prior to her affair with Bendrix.
(b) During her affair with Bendrix.
(c) The days after her affair with Bendrix ended.
(d) Two years after her affair with Bendrix ended.
5. Who is the Maurice that Sarah refers to in her diary?
(c) A colleague of Henry's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bendrix excused from military service during the war?
2. What signals Sarah and Bendrix that Henry has returned home?
3. Why does Bendrix skip over many of the entries in Sarah's diary?
4. How does Henry's secretary refer to him?
5. What strikes Bendrix when the bomb hits his apartment building?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)