|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry afraid to go to sleep after Sarah dies?
(a) He is afraid of dreaming about her.
(b) He is afraid she never loved him.
(c) He is afraid to live without her.
(d) He is afraid she will haunt him in his sleep.
2. What does Henry eat for lunch at the club while dining with Bendrix?
(a) A Vienna steak.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) Steak and onions.
(d) Wiener Schnitzel.
3. What does Bendrix encourage Henry to do with Parkis' reports?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Confront Sarah with them.
(c) Read them to discover Sarah's affair.
(d) Save them in case he decides to divorce Sarah.
4. What does Bendrix see in the newspaper that sparks his desire for Sarah?
(a) A picture of Sarah alone at a movie premiere.
(b) A picture of Henry and her at a movie premiere.
(c) An article about Henry's job promotion.
(d) An article about adultery.
5. What was the turning point for Sarah's illness?
(a) Spending the night with Bendrix.
(b) Going out in the rain to avoid Bendrix.
(c) The cocktail party Parkis attended.
(d) Bendrix telling Henry about her affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah see that alerts her that Bendrix is caught under the door after the bombing?
2. How does Sarah expect Bendrix to react when she arrives late to meet him one afternoon?
3. Why does Bendrix think Henry asks him to dine at his club instead of Bendrix's?
4. Where does Parkis say in his report that he followed Sarah to?
5. Who did Sarah ask to see on her death bed?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)