Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Katerina contact in Taina?
2. What did Piotr attempt to convince Ivan?
3. What did Yaga make Ivan do?
4. Why did Ivan faithfully translate everything Katerina said even when her recollections differed from Ivan's in some way?
5. At what point was Katerina sick on the airplane?
Essay Topic 1
Ivan realizes that the fairy tales that Sergei had written down were the echos of older religions. In essay form, discuss ancient fairy tales in this light, and attempt to draw some parallels from ancient fairy tales and pagan religions, or conversely, the modern versions of the fairy tales and Christianity.
Essay Topic 2
Esther laments on the fall of modern witchcraft and discusses how it has changed. Utilizing unbiased, scholarly sources, provide a detailed account of modern and ancient witchcraft and what it meant to the practitioners and what punishment was meted out and is still in place for practitioners of Paganism.
Essay Topic 3
Utilizing modern feminism, condemn Katerina's attitude towards a husband's rights to her body and her actions, as well as her culture.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)