|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the next door neighbor's dog?
2. What things fascinated Yaga about airports?
3. Who stops Ivan and calls him out for not being Sergei?
4. What comedian is mentioned?
5. Who was at the council of war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the fire work in Ivan and Sergei's favor?
2. How does Ivan tell Katerina she will be perceived by the people in his world if she doesn't wear clothes?
3. What happened when Ivan attempted to eat the chicken that Ruth brought, and what happened as a result?
4. For what reasons does Katerina decide to leave the people of Taina?
5. How does coupling and pregnancy affect Katerina's ability to utilize her power?
6. What was the difference in opinion as to why Ivan listened to Katerina once he had awakened her?
7. What lie does Yaga tell Katerina that she knows is a lie immediately?
8. Why is it an issue to call out Katerina's name and why must Ivan do so?
9. How do Ivan and Katerina turn Dimitri to them?
10. Why doesn't Esther take pupils and teach them what she knows, practice her witchcraft openly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Ivan and Katerina are convinced that Yaga can only take over people that have some hidden desire for betrayal in their heart, Ivan was taken over himself, though he loved Katerina. Suggest some reasons for this.
Essay Topic 2
Utilizing modern feminism, condemn Katerina's attitude towards a husband's rights to her body and her actions, as well as her culture.
Essay Topic 3
Bear doesn't immediately go after Yaga, despite all that she had put him through. Suggest reasons for this, and for the rationale that Yaga has that Bear might come back. Explain the rationale behind each reason.
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)