|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yaga threaten to do to Katerina?
2. What is actually killing Sergei?
3. What charm was Ivan wearing?
4. What things fascinated Yaga about airports?
5. What was the last thing Ivan wondered when Yaga disappeared?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the difference in opinion as to why Ivan listened to Katerina once he had awakened her?
2. For what reasons does Katerina decide to leave the people of Taina?
3. What lie does Yaga tell Katerina that she knows is a lie immediately?
4. What was the argument that Katerina made when there were objections to the utilization of witchcraft?
5. What was the only repercussion to the revolt that occurred in Taina while Katerina was gone, and what happened as a result?
6. What happened when Ivan attempted to eat the chicken that Ruth brought, and what happened as a result?
7. Why is it an issue to call out Katerina's name and why must Ivan do so?
8. How was Ivan tangled up in people's expectations of him on his wedding night, and his behavior?
9. Why did Ruth think she had the upper hand when she saw Katerina?
10. Why couldn't Ivan simply bring the book in his arms into his time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the differing opinions of things from Katerina and Ivan's time. Explain how, as a being of both time frames, Marek aka Mozhaiski is a good intermediary to explain how things work.
Essay Topic 2
Although towards the end, Ivan is concerned that he has changed history, he remembers instances in which Ivan is mentioned several times in the modern versions of the fairy tales. Suggest reasons why Ivan wasn't concerned about this the moment he went back in time, although it is a consideration often mentioned in literature regarding time travel of any kind.
Essay Topic 3
Although Ivan and Katerina are convinced that Yaga can only take over people that have some hidden desire for betrayal in their heart, Ivan was taken over himself, though he loved Katerina. Suggest some reasons for this.
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)