|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who figures out who their mother actually is?
2. What was the final proof that Ivan had broken Yaga's spells?
3. What did Father Lukas see that was different about Katerina's confession?
4. What did Ruth's friends think was the reason that Ivan wouldn't sleep with her?
5. What did Ivan finally say to Yaga when he had the chance?
Essay Topic 1
From Sergei's perspective, the reader learns that most of the fairy tales were used to scare children. Discuss why this is no longer practiced as a matter of cause in modern times, and the resources available to disprove such scare tactics, and make the argument for whether or not the world is more or less frightening for children.
Essay Topic 2
Ivan realizes that the fairy tales that Sergei had written down were the echos of older religions. In essay form, discuss ancient fairy tales in this light, and attempt to draw some parallels from ancient fairy tales and pagan religions, or conversely, the modern versions of the fairy tales and Christianity.
Essay Topic 3
In essay form, discuss the benefits and drawbacks to living in either the modern or the ancient worlds described in the book. Imagine that you are attempting to persuade one of the children to your perspective.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)