|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one thing did Katerina not fear?
2. What do people say about Baba Yaga's new house?
3. Why does Yaga want Bear to kill Ivan?
4. What does Sergei overhear?
5. What did Ivan feel he could do in the presence of his cousin with Katerina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ivan troubled with continuing and finishing the last few touches of his dissertation?
2. Why couldn't Ivan simply bring the book in his arms into his time?
3. What was the argument that Katerina made when there were objections to the utilization of witchcraft?
4. Why was Yaga especially upset about regarding Bear?
5. Why did Mikola not write down his spells, despite the fact that he had thought about doing so?
6. How does Ivan deduce that Katerina and him should not be on the plane they got on?
7. What prompts Ivan to get the message?
8. What happened to Ruth's brownies?
9. What dilemma does Katerina place on Father Lukas?
10. For what reasons does Katerina decide to leave the people of Taina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ivan realizes that the fairy tales that Sergei had written down were the echos of older religions. In essay form, discuss ancient fairy tales in this light, and attempt to draw some parallels from ancient fairy tales and pagan religions, or conversely, the modern versions of the fairy tales and Christianity.
Essay Topic 2
Sergei and Ivan have issues attempting to get a hold of parchment paper to record the fairy tales of Taina's time. Explain how the shortage of availability of paper would lead to issues in preservation and historical compilations aside from those of a religious nature.
Essay Topic 3
Taina no longer exists in Ivan's time, and this comes as a great shock to Katerina. Utilizing scholarly history articles, suggest what may have happened to Taina based on its location, religion and time frame.
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)