|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the plane found?
2. What mantra was endlessly repeated by the officials in the Ukraine?
3. What did Katerina notice about Mother's place?
4. What did Ruth wake up to find in the morning?
5. What does Ruth insist upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Yaga especially upset about regarding Bear?
2. How does coupling and pregnancy affect Katerina's ability to utilize her power?
3. What prompts Ivan to get the message?
4. Why did Mikola not write down his spells, despite the fact that he had thought about doing so?
5. What was the only repercussion to the revolt that occurred in Taina while Katerina was gone, and what happened as a result?
6. For what reasons does Katerina decide to leave the people of Taina?
7. How does Bear react when he is freed?
8. What was the difference in opinion as to why Ivan listened to Katerina once he had awakened her?
9. What dilemma does Katerina place on Father Lukas?
10. How did the fire work in Ivan and Sergei's favor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Bear initially went to kill Ivan, he seems to have had a change of heart once Ivan frees him. Discuss this change of heart, and Bear's actions afterwards, and what this suggests about not only his desire to kill Ivan, but also about his relationship with Yaga.
Essay Topic 2
Esther laments on the fall of modern witchcraft and discusses how it has changed. Utilizing unbiased, scholarly sources, provide a detailed account of modern and ancient witchcraft and what it meant to the practitioners and what punishment was meted out and is still in place for practitioners of Paganism.
Essay Topic 3
Bear doesn't immediately go after Yaga, despite all that she had put him through. Suggest reasons for this, and for the rationale that Yaga has that Bear might come back. Explain the rationale behind each reason.
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)