|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Ivan have with his dissertation?
2. What did Ivan fear had already ran out?
3. What happens to the plane that Katerina and Ivan were supposed to be on?
4. How many children did Katerina and Ivan end up having?
5. What did Ivan's mother say when she saw Katerina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Katerina and Ivan give their children all the choice in the world about what they want to do and who they want to be. Discuss how this might be a problem, with children having different lives in different worlds, and whether or not it makes them unsuited for either.
Essay Topic 2
Taina no longer exists in Ivan's time, and this comes as a great shock to Katerina. Utilizing scholarly history articles, suggest what may have happened to Taina based on its location, religion and time frame.
Essay Topic 3
In essay form, discuss the benefits and drawbacks to living in either the modern or the ancient worlds described in the book. Imagine that you are attempting to persuade one of the children to your perspective.
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)