Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Katerina contact in Taina?
2. What did Piotr attempt to convince Ivan?
3. What did Yaga make Ivan do?
4. Why did Ivan faithfully translate everything Katerina said even when her recollections differed from Ivan's in some way?
5. At what point was Katerina sick on the airplane?
Essay Topic 1
Although Bear initially went to kill Ivan, he seems to have had a change of heart once Ivan frees him. Discuss this change of heart, and Bear's actions afterwards, and what this suggests about not only his desire to kill Ivan, but also about his relationship with Yaga.
Essay Topic 2
Taina no longer exists in Ivan's time, and this comes as a great shock to Katerina. Utilizing scholarly history articles, suggest what may have happened to Taina based on its location, religion and time frame.
Essay Topic 3
Card provides a background story for Yaga that creates sympathy for her. Suggest reasons why Card does this, and doesn't create a background story for Katerina, regarding how she grew up, or Dimitri for why he is so quick to anger, or Bear for how he became a God.
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)