Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Katerina contact in Taina?
2. What did Piotr attempt to convince Ivan?
3. What did Yaga make Ivan do?
4. Why did Ivan faithfully translate everything Katerina said even when her recollections differed from Ivan's in some way?
5. At what point was Katerina sick on the airplane?
Essay Topic 1
Bear doesn't immediately go after Yaga, despite all that she had put him through. Suggest reasons for this, and for the rationale that Yaga has that Bear might come back. Explain the rationale behind each reason.
Essay Topic 2
From Sergei's perspective, the reader learns that most of the fairy tales were used to scare children. Discuss why this is no longer practiced as a matter of cause in modern times, and the resources available to disprove such scare tactics, and make the argument for whether or not the world is more or less frightening for children.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Ivan and Katerina's perspective regarding both sex and marriage. Explain how their cultures shape their perspectives, and the influence of those cultures on their actions regarding marriage and the dynamics within it.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)