|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who figures out who their mother actually is?
2. Who is Cousin Marek, truly?
3. At what point was Katerina sick on the airplane?
4. Who is moving into Ivan's room?
5. How did Dimitri feel about Katerina?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does coupling and pregnancy affect Katerina's ability to utilize her power?
2. How did Bear figure that things had worked out pretty evenly?
3. What shamed Katerina about the airplane, how did she react, and how did she rebuke herself for doing so?
4. What was the effect of the weapons of the future against the peasants of the Widow's army?
5. Why couldn't Ivan simply bring the book in his arms into his time?
6. For what reasons does Katerina decide to leave the people of Taina?
7. How do Ivan and Katerina turn Dimitri to them?
8. What was the argument that Katerina made when there were objections to the utilization of witchcraft?
9. How does Ivan tell Katerina she will be perceived by the people in his world if she doesn't wear clothes?
10. What dilemma does Katerina place on Father Lukas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Utilizing modern feminism, condemn Katerina's attitude towards a husband's rights to her body and her actions, as well as her culture.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Ivan and Katerina's perspective regarding both sex and marriage. Explain how their cultures shape their perspectives, and the influence of those cultures on their actions regarding marriage and the dynamics within it.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the differing opinions of things from Katerina and Ivan's time. Explain how, as a being of both time frames, Marek aka Mozhaiski is a good intermediary to explain how things work.
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)