|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Only a fool would want to live through what?
2. What did Ivan's father suggest that he return to Russia for?
3. What happened when Ivan crossed the threshold of Katerina's world?
4. What justification did Vanya give for the clearing?
5. What do his classmates call Vanya?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reasons did Ivan resent Princess Katerina?
2. Why can't Katerina name Dimitri as the war leader?
3. What is the problem with obtaining parchment?
4. What did the Princess think of Ivan?
5. What was Yaga supposed to have felt, but didn't?
6. What issue did Ivan have once he had hit the bear?
7. How did Ivan's parents' sacrifice weigh heavily on his mind? How did this affect the way he led his life?
8. Why couldn't Yaga simply kill the girl and take over the kingdom?
9. Why is Nadya hesitant to show the Princess' hoose to her son and Father Lukas?
10. What was Ivan's excuse for not writing home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Katerina and Ivan give their children all the choice in the world about what they want to do and who they want to be. Discuss how this might be a problem, with children having different lives in different worlds, and whether or not it makes them unsuited for either.
Essay Topic 2
Sergei and Ivan have issues attempting to get a hold of parchment paper to record the fairy tales of Taina's time. Explain how the shortage of availability of paper would lead to issues in preservation and historical compilations aside from those of a religious nature.
Essay Topic 3
Card provides a background story for Yaga that creates sympathy for her. Suggest reasons why Card does this, and doesn't create a background story for Katerina, regarding how she grew up, or Dimitri for why he is so quick to anger, or Bear for how he became a God.
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)