Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had sent the bear after Katerina?
2. What had haunted Ivan about the chasm?
3. Who finally gives Ivan clothes?
4. What did Bear ask Yaga for?
5. What was the message on the piece of paper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Princess think of Ivan?
2. What was Katerina's justification for their treatment and purchase of slaves?
3. What did Baba Yaga wish to gain from Bear?
4. How did Ivan's relationship with his mother differ from his relationship with his father?
5. Why doesn't Esther take pupils and teach them what she knows, practice her witchcraft openly?
6. What was the effect of the weapons of the future against the peasants of the Widow's army?
7. What choice does Ivan give his children that he didn't have himself?
8. What shamed Katerina about the airplane, how did she react, and how did she rebuke herself for doing so?
9. What information does Bear give to Katerina to help her?
10. What happened to Esther when Ivan rescued the princess Katerina?
Sergei and Ivan have issues attempting to get a hold of parchment paper to record the fairy tales of Taina's time. Explain how the shortage of availability of paper would lead to issues in preservation and historical compilations aside from those of a religious nature.
Compare the culture of Taina to places where such cultural considerations are still practiced and present. Explain what limitations would need to be in place for such a culture to survive in the modern world, and what limitations are actually in place to ensure this survival.
Although Bear initially went to kill Ivan, he seems to have had a change of heart once Ivan frees him. Discuss this change of heart, and Bear's actions afterwards, and what this suggests about not only his desire to kill Ivan, but also about his relationship with Yaga.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)