Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had sent the bear after Katerina?
2. What had haunted Ivan about the chasm?
3. Who finally gives Ivan clothes?
4. What did Bear ask Yaga for?
5. What was the message on the piece of paper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Princess think of Ivan?
2. What was Katerina's justification for their treatment and purchase of slaves?
3. What did Baba Yaga wish to gain from Bear?
4. How did Ivan's relationship with his mother differ from his relationship with his father?
5. Why doesn't Esther take pupils and teach them what she knows, practice her witchcraft openly?
6. What was the effect of the weapons of the future against the peasants of the Widow's army?
7. What choice does Ivan give his children that he didn't have himself?
8. What shamed Katerina about the airplane, how did she react, and how did she rebuke herself for doing so?
9. What information does Bear give to Katerina to help her?
10. What happened to Esther when Ivan rescued the princess Katerina?
Essay Topic 1
Briefly, Ivan and Katerina's children are described, but little effort is given to character development. Suggest three reasons for this and provide at least two rationales for each reason.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the differing opinions of things from Katerina and Ivan's time. Explain how, as a being of both time frames, Marek aka Mozhaiski is a good intermediary to explain how things work.
Essay Topic 3
Although Ivan and Katerina are convinced that Yaga can only take over people that have some hidden desire for betrayal in their heart, Ivan was taken over himself, though he loved Katerina. Suggest some reasons for this.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)