|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan say in Old Church Slavonic?
2. What did Esther fill the basin with?
3. What class did Katerina think Ivan belonged to?
4. What had been the burden on Ivan's shoulders?
5. Why couldn't Ivan walk away and leave this task to someone else?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Baba Yaga wish to gain from Bear?
2. What happened to Esther when Ivan rescued the princess Katerina?
3. Why is Nadya hesitant to show the Princess' hoose to her son and Father Lukas?
4. Why can't Katerina name Dimitri as the war leader?
5. What was Katerina's justification for their treatment and purchase of slaves?
6. What had Yaga done to convey her message to her late husband?
7. What was Ivan's excuse for not writing home?
8. What did Vanya's parents fear? What did they decide to do about it?
9. What issue did Ivan have once he had hit the bear?
10. How does Ivan justify his wearing the princess' hoose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the culture of Taina to places where such cultural considerations are still practiced and present. Explain what limitations would need to be in place for such a culture to survive in the modern world, and what limitations are actually in place to ensure this survival.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Ivan and Katerina's perspective regarding both sex and marriage. Explain how their cultures shape their perspectives, and the influence of those cultures on their actions regarding marriage and the dynamics within it.
Essay Topic 3
Sergei and Ivan have issues attempting to get a hold of parchment paper to record the fairy tales of Taina's time. Explain how the shortage of availability of paper would lead to issues in preservation and historical compilations aside from those of a religious nature.
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)