|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point was Katerina sick on the airplane?
(a) When it banked sharply after it rose.
(b) When the plane landed.
(c) When the plane rose into the air.
(d) When she looked out the window and saw the ground fall away.
2. What did Piotr attempt to convince Ivan?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) That Katerina was unfaithful.
(d) That Katerina was lying to him, and was actually from his era.
3. Who did Yaga promise the 'pleasure' of killing Ivan to?
(c) None of these.
4. What wasn't Ivan afraid of?
(d) Baba Yaga.
5. What two things Katerina wanted were in the same place?
(a) The Widow's amulets and spellbook.
(b) The passengers of the plane and the Widow's amulets.
(c) The passengers of the plane and the Widow's ingredients.
(d) The Widow's spellbook and binding spell for Bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last thing Ivan wondered when Yaga disappeared?
2. Why did Ivan faithfully translate everything Katerina said even when her recollections differed from Ivan's in some way?
3. What was Katerina's one surprise against the Widow?
4. What doesn't Esther do?
5. Who met Ivan outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shamed Katerina about the airplane, how did she react, and how did she rebuke herself for doing so?
2. Why doesn't Ivan want to bring rockets into Taina?
3. Why doesn't Esther take pupils and teach them what she knows, practice her witchcraft openly?
4. How do Ivan and Katerina turn Dimitri to them?
5. For what reasons does Katerina decide to leave the people of Taina?
6. How did Father Lukas die?
7. What dilemma does Katerina place on Father Lukas?
8. Why was Yaga especially upset about regarding Bear?
9. Why couldn't Ivan simply bring the book in his arms into his time?
10. What was the argument that Katerina made when there were objections to the utilization of witchcraft?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)