|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of her knights responded to Yaga's commands?
(a) Two thirds of them.
(b) Four fifths.
(c) All of them.
(d) Half of them.
2. What spell does Baba Yaga do best?
(a) A spell of fire.
(b) A spell of impotency.
(c) A spell of destruction.
(d) A spell of binding.
3. How did Ivan feel about Katerina?
(a) That she was too good for him.
(b) That she was a horrible person.
(c) That she was beneath him.
(d) That she was extremely arrogant.
4. What do people say about Baba Yaga's new house?
(a) It is as hard as a swords blade.
(b) It walks on chicken legs.
(c) It is white.
(d) All of these.
5. What "accusation" does King Matfei make of Ivan, unwittingly?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) That he prefers the company of men.
(d) That he cannot perform without a man present.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Katerina expecting?
2. What happens to the plane that Katerina and Ivan were supposed to be on?
3. What does Ivan figure out will help him defeat Baba Yaga?
4. What does Ivan tell Matfei?
5. What did Ivan fear about the consummation of the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bear react when he is freed?
2. What happened to Ruth's brownies?
3. What was the effect of the weapons of the future against the peasants of the Widow's army?
4. What lie does Yaga tell Katerina that she knows is a lie immediately?
5. For what reasons does Katerina decide to leave the people of Taina?
6. Why did Ruth think she had the upper hand when she saw Katerina?
7. Why was Yaga especially upset about regarding Bear?
8. What was the difference in opinion as to why Ivan listened to Katerina once he had awakened her?
9. What shamed Katerina about the airplane, how did she react, and how did she rebuke herself for doing so?
10. What choice does Ivan give his children that he didn't have himself?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)