|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did it take Ivan's family so long to leave the first time and not Katerina?
(a) Marek didn't have as good of contacts in Moscow as he did in Kiev.
(b) Marek didn't really want Ivan and his family to go.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
2. What does Sergei overhear?
(a) A plot to kill Ivan.
(b) None of these.
(c) A plot to kill Katerina.
(d) A plan to kill Baba Yaga.
3. What does Baba Yaga love?
4. What did Katerina notice about Mother's place?
(a) It was sparklingly clean, and she was always tidying up.
(b) It was subtly and deftly protected through spells and witchcraft.
(c) It was well maintained.
(d) It was comfortable and cozy.
5. What did Ivan fear had already ran out?
(a) His visa to the Ukraine.
(b) His welcome at cousin Marek's.
(c) His engagement to Ruth.
(d) His deadline for his dissertation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ruth sense out of Ivan's parents?
2. What did Ivan fear about the consummation of the wedding?
3. Who is Cousin Marek, truly?
4. Where was the plane found?
5. What did Father Lukas see that was different about Katerina's confession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the difference in opinion as to why Ivan listened to Katerina once he had awakened her?
2. How does Bear react when he is freed?
3. What shamed Katerina about the airplane, how did she react, and how did she rebuke herself for doing so?
4. What happened to Ruth's brownies?
5. What was the argument that Katerina made when there were objections to the utilization of witchcraft?
6. What dilemma does Katerina place on Father Lukas?
7. How do Ivan and Katerina turn Dimitri to them?
8. What was the effect of the weapons of the future against the peasants of the Widow's army?
9. How did Bear figure that things had worked out pretty evenly?
10. Why did Ruth think she had the upper hand when she saw Katerina?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)