|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katerina reveal to Ivan while they are on the plane?
(a) Both of these.
(b) That she wishes to come back.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) That she wants their children to know Esther and Piotr too.
2. What do people say about Baba Yaga's new house?
(a) It is white.
(b) It walks on chicken legs.
(c) All of these.
(d) It is as hard as a swords blade.
3. What does Baba Yaga love?
4. How many of her knights responded to Yaga's commands?
(a) Four fifths.
(b) Half of them.
(c) Two thirds of them.
(d) All of them.
5. What things fascinated Yaga about airports?
(a) None of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) The fact that the houses lifted into the air.
(d) The huge windows that allowed her to see the houses on chicken feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth insist upon?
2. What does Ivan tell Matfei?
3. What wasn't Ivan afraid of?
4. What did Yaga threaten to do to Katerina?
5. Who met Ivan outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shamed Katerina about the airplane, how did she react, and how did she rebuke herself for doing so?
2. What dilemma does Katerina place on Father Lukas?
3. Why is Ivan troubled with continuing and finishing the last few touches of his dissertation?
4. Why did Ruth think she had the upper hand when she saw Katerina?
5. Why doesn't Ivan want to bring rockets into Taina?
6. What was the effect of the weapons of the future against the peasants of the Widow's army?
7. What happened to Ruth's brownies?
8. How did the fire work in Ivan and Sergei's favor?
9. How did Bear figure that things had worked out pretty evenly?
10. Why doesn't Esther take pupils and teach them what she knows, practice her witchcraft openly?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)