|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Father Lukas hope?
(a) All of these.
(b) That the war would be won.
(c) That one day, women would give tokens to their men going off to war, not charms.
(d) That he would be instrumental in stamping out witchcraft.
2. What do people say about Baba Yaga's new house?
(a) It is as hard as a swords blade.
(b) It is white.
(c) All of these.
(d) It walks on chicken legs.
3. Who was at the council of war?
(a) The elders of the villages of Taina.
(b) King Matfei.
(c) All of these.
(d) Father Lukas.
4. What one thing did Katerina not fear?
(a) Ivan's death.
(b) The glider falling apart.
(c) Her confrontation with the Widow.
(d) Her confrontation with Bear.
5. What unnerved Dimitri?
(a) The fire Ivan had created.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) The boldness Ivan displayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katerina reveal to Ivan while they are on the plane?
2. Following the demonstration of the molotov cocktails, what did the knights take seriously?
3. What did Mikola wish that he had written down?
4. What does Ivan ask the children of the village for?
5. What does Ruth insist upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does Yaga tell Katerina that she knows is a lie immediately?
2. Why is it an issue to call out Katerina's name and why must Ivan do so?
3. How did Bear figure that things had worked out pretty evenly?
4. Why is Ivan troubled with continuing and finishing the last few touches of his dissertation?
5. What was the effect of the weapons of the future against the peasants of the Widow's army?
6. Why doesn't Ivan want to bring rockets into Taina?
7. What was the only repercussion to the revolt that occurred in Taina while Katerina was gone, and what happened as a result?
8. What choice does Ivan give his children that he didn't have himself?
9. What happened when Ivan attempted to eat the chicken that Ruth brought, and what happened as a result?
10. Why doesn't Esther take pupils and teach them what she knows, practice her witchcraft openly?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)