|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mantra was endlessly repeated by the officials in the Ukraine?
(a) The culprits will be prosecuted.
(b) All of these.
(c) We are taking all appropriate measures.
(d) We will get to the bottom of this.
2. Who is moving into Ivan's room?
(a) Father Lukas.
(b) None of these.
(c) Brother Sergei.
3. What do people say about Baba Yaga's new house?
(a) It is white.
(b) It is as hard as a swords blade.
(c) All of these.
(d) It walks on chicken legs.
4. How did Bear help Katerina?
(a) He slipped her the hint about containing Yaga.
(b) He told her of the Widow's plan.
(c) He stayed completely still while Katerina drew a pentagram and invoked the spells of containment.
(d) All of these.
5. Who stops Ivan and calls him out for not being Sergei?
(a) A child Sergei called Dewdrop.
(b) A child Sergei called Daisy.
(c) Dimitri on the path to where the Princess had lain.
(d) A child Sergei called Snowbell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yaga threaten to do to Katerina?
2. Who is Cousin Marek, truly?
3. Where was Baba Yaga hiding on the plane?
4. What one thing did Katerina not fear?
5. What does Ivan realize about his perception about the Ukraine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Ruth's brownies?
2. What was the effect of the weapons of the future against the peasants of the Widow's army?
3. How did Bear figure that things had worked out pretty evenly?
4. What shamed Katerina about the airplane, how did she react, and how did she rebuke herself for doing so?
5. Why doesn't Esther take pupils and teach them what she knows, practice her witchcraft openly?
6. What lie does Yaga tell Katerina that she knows is a lie immediately?
7. What information does Bear give to Katerina to help her?
8. How did Father Lukas die?
9. Why did Mikola not write down his spells, despite the fact that he had thought about doing so?
10. What was the argument that Katerina made when there were objections to the utilization of witchcraft?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)