|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ivan realize when he approached Cousin Marek's?
(a) He had been gone for over a year.
(b) Katerina was weeping from exertion.
(c) Katerina was limping.
(d) His town was on the same site as Taina.
2. What did Ruth's friends think was the reason that Ivan wouldn't sleep with her?
(a) None of these.
(b) He had a childhood injury.
(c) Both of these.
(d) He was gay.
3. What one thing did Katerina not fear?
(a) The glider falling apart.
(b) Her confrontation with the Widow.
(c) Her confrontation with Bear.
(d) Ivan's death.
4. Who did Yaga promise the 'pleasure' of killing Ivan to?
(c) None of these.
5. What did Ruth sense out of Ivan's parents?
(a) All of these.
(b) They resented her for taking Ivan away.
(c) They despised her.
(d) They entertained her only out of duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spice did Ivan loathe?
2. What unnerved Dimitri?
3. What was Katerina expecting?
4. What was Katerina's one surprise against the Widow?
5. Who is moving into Ivan's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ivan troubled with continuing and finishing the last few touches of his dissertation?
2. Why is it an issue to call out Katerina's name and why must Ivan do so?
3. How did Father Lukas die?
4. Why doesn't Ivan want to bring rockets into Taina?
5. What was the only repercussion to the revolt that occurred in Taina while Katerina was gone, and what happened as a result?
6. How does Ivan deduce that Katerina and him should not be on the plane they got on?
7. Why did Mikola not write down his spells, despite the fact that he had thought about doing so?
8. What dilemma does Katerina place on Father Lukas?
9. How did the fire work in Ivan and Sergei's favor?
10. What lie does Yaga tell Katerina that she knows is a lie immediately?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)