|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Sergei never seen before?
(a) Father Lukas thwarted.
(b) All of these.
(c) Father Lukas, humbled.
(d) Father Lukas vexed.
2. What does Katerina reveal to Ivan while they are on the plane?
(a) That she wants their children to know Esther and Piotr too.
(b) Both of these.
(c) That she wishes to come back.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What happens to the plane that Katerina and Ivan were supposed to be on?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It blows up.
4. Why does Yaga want Bear to kill Ivan?
(a) As penance for thwarting her thus far.
(b) As repayment for his eye.
(c) All of these.
(d) As revenge for waking Katerina early.
5. Why did Ivan faithfully translate everything Katerina said even when her recollections differed from Ivan's in some way?
(a) He was told only to translate what she says.
(b) He though that they would want it that way.
(c) He thought they would be suspicious if they were too identical.
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan take from the compartment?
2. Why did Katerina think Ivan had listened to her?
3. What does Baba Yaga love?
4. Who does Katerina contact in Taina?
5. How many children did Katerina and Ivan end up having?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it an issue to call out Katerina's name and why must Ivan do so?
2. Why couldn't Ivan simply bring the book in his arms into his time?
3. How was Ivan tangled up in people's expectations of him on his wedding night, and his behavior?
4. What choice does Ivan give his children that he didn't have himself?
5. Why doesn't Esther take pupils and teach them what she knows, practice her witchcraft openly?
6. For what reasons does Katerina decide to leave the people of Taina?
7. How does Bear react when he is freed?
8. What happened when Ivan attempted to eat the chicken that Ruth brought, and what happened as a result?
9. How do Ivan and Katerina turn Dimitri to them?
10. How did Bear figure that things had worked out pretty evenly?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)