|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it impossible for Katerina to imagine?
(a) None of these.
(b) Ivan as a king.
(c) Her as a queen.
(d) Ivan defeating the Widow.
2. What does Ivan's mother pretend to do?
(a) To be uninformed about the world around her.
(b) Not know English when it suits her.
(c) To not notice Ruth's subtle cues.
(d) All of these.
3. Into whose head did Baba Yaga place dissent?
(c) King Matfei.
4. What does Ruth's mother keep saying about Ivan?
(a) That he shouldn't have left for Russia.
(b) That he wouldn't make a good husband.
(c) That he doesn't act like a young man in love.
(d) That he isn't right for Ruth.
5. What did Esther go looking for and finally find?
(a) A blue, clay basin from Spain.
(b) A copper basin from Russia.
(c) A silver basin from Rome.
(d) A brass basin from England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had it taken a long time to get out of the house?
2. What caused Katerina to fall asleep?
3. Who finally gives Ivan clothes?
4. What was Ivan's reason for going back to the clearing?
5. What did Vanya find in the clearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways was the young man that had rescued the princess not what Yaga had suspected?
2. How does Ivan justify his wearing the princess' hoose?
3. What was Yaga supposed to have felt, but didn't?
4. Why couldn't Yaga simply kill the girl and take over the kingdom?
5. What was Katerina's justification for their treatment and purchase of slaves?
6. What is the problem with obtaining parchment?
7. How did Katerina react when Ivan said the witch's name?
8. What did Baba Yaga wish to gain from Bear?
9. Why can't Katerina name Dimitri as the war leader?
10. What problems occurred in Taina when Baba Yaga appeared?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)