|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Yaga when she was married and raped?
2. What did Bear ask Yaga for?
(a) Both of these.
(b) A salve.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) The eye.
3. What did children recognize before adults?
(a) Freedom and liberty.
(b) All of these.
4. What item assured Ivan that Taina was a doomed town?
(a) The Orthodox cross, as Christianity had never been established in Ivan's time.
(b) The lack of fortifications around the palace.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
5. Which limb did the bear take out?
(a) Ivan's left leg.
(b) Ivan's left arm.
(c) Ivan's right leg.
(d) Ivan's right arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan remember about bears in fairy tales?
2. What did Ivan incapacitate within the bear?
3. What had Ivan's body been shaped by?
4. What does Ivan think when he notices Father Lukas' contempt for the local Slavs?
5. What had Vanya figured had happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Katerina's justification for their treatment and purchase of slaves?
2. What did Baba Yaga wish to gain from Bear?
3. What does Ivan realize is the death knell for Taina?
4. Why can't Katerina name Dimitri as the war leader?
5. What happened to Esther when Ivan rescued the princess Katerina?
6. What did Vanya's parents fear? What did they decide to do about it?
7. How did Katerina react when Ivan said the witch's name?
8. What does Ivan need to do in order to go home?
9. What problem does Ivan come across when he tries to justify his impending marriage to Ruth to Katerina?
10. How did Ivan solve the problem of the bear?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)