|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had sent the bear after Katerina?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Olga Yaga.
(c) Baba Yaga.
(d) Both of these.
2. What had haunted Ivan about the chasm?
(a) The trees and the circular clearing.
(b) The thing beneath the leaves.
(c) The woman on the pedestal.
(d) None of these.
3. Who finally gives Ivan clothes?
(a) King Alexander.
(b) King Matvei.
(c) King Matteau.
(d) King Matfei.
4. What did Bear ask Yaga for?
(a) Both of these.
(b) The eye.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) A salve.
5. What was the message on the piece of paper?
(a) Deliver this message.
(b) Follow your dreams.
(c) Don't come back.
(d) Always marry for love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vanya's father lose?
2. What was Yaga's real disappointment?
3. What does Ivan's mother pretend to do?
4. What did Matfei immediately regret?
5. What didn't Ivan do that he had been expected to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Princess think of Ivan?
2. What was Katerina's justification for their treatment and purchase of slaves?
3. What did Baba Yaga wish to gain from Bear?
4. How did Ivan's relationship with his mother differ from his relationship with his father?
5. Why doesn't Esther take pupils and teach them what she knows, practice her witchcraft openly?
6. What was the effect of the weapons of the future against the peasants of the Widow's army?
7. What choice does Ivan give his children that he didn't have himself?
8. What shamed Katerina about the airplane, how did she react, and how did she rebuke herself for doing so?
9. What information does Bear give to Katerina to help her?
10. What happened to Esther when Ivan rescued the princess Katerina?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)