|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esther fill the basin with?
2. What did children recognize before adults?
(a) All of these.
(d) Freedom and liberty.
3. What did Ivan not speak to his father about?
(a) His dreams.
(b) All of these.
(c) His frustrations.
(d) His yearnings and hopes
4. What did Vanya take solace in?
(b) Rock and roll music.
(c) Disrespecting his parents.
(d) Disobeying authority.
5. What was the name of the old woman who Ivan's mother used to bring things to?
(a) Baba Yada.
(b) Baba Tira.
(c) Babi Tila.
(d) Baba Tila.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the woman dressed in?
2. What did Matfei immediately regret?
3. What did the woman say to Ivan?
4. What had Vanya figured had happened?
5. What class did Katerina think Ivan belonged to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Vanya finally decide to let the Mohel circumcise him?
2. What was Ivan's excuse for not writing home?
3. What was Yaga supposed to have felt, but didn't?
4. What happened to Esther when Ivan rescued the princess Katerina?
5. Why is Nadya hesitant to show the Princess' hoose to her son and Father Lukas?
6. How did Ivan's parents' sacrifice weigh heavily on his mind? How did this affect the way he led his life?
7. How does Ivan justify his wearing the princess' hoose?
8. What was Katerina's justification for their treatment and purchase of slaves?
9. How did Ivan's relationship with his mother differ from his relationship with his father?
10. What did the Princess think of Ivan?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)