|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esther fill the basin with?
2. Only a fool would want to live through what?
(a) The end of a Russian fairy tale.
(b) Both of these.
(c) The marriage to a princess.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What did Ivan compare himself to while talking to Katerina?
(a) A woman.
(b) A beggar.
(c) None of these.
(d) A slave.
4. What discussions were abounding in the cafes?
(a) What America would or would not do to help the new nation of Ukraine.
(b) Whether or not the Ukraine should be independent.
(c) Whether prices should remain under control or allowed to inflate.
(d) All of these.
5. What message was Yaga trying to send to her late husband, King Brat?
(a) If you make Yaga do what she doesn't want to do, you won't like the result.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) If you try and stop Yaga from doing what she wants to do, you and your loved ones die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vanya find in the clearing?
2. Why couldn't Ivan walk away and leave this task to someone else?
3. What is the only thing holding the Widow back?
4. What did the woman say to Ivan?
5. What was the moral of the story of the Sky, the Rat and the Well?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ivan realize is the death knell for Taina?
2. Why can't Katerina name Dimitri as the war leader?
3. How did Ivan's relationship with his mother differ from his relationship with his father?
4. What does Ivan need to do in order to go home?
5. How did Ivan justify what he had seen and heard in the forest as a child?
6. What was Yaga supposed to have felt, but didn't?
7. What had Yaga done to convey her message to her late husband?
8. How did Katerina react when Ivan said the witch's name?
9. For what reasons did Ivan resent Princess Katerina?
10. What was Ivan's excuse for not writing home?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)