|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esther go looking for and finally find?
(a) A brass basin from England.
(b) A blue, clay basin from Spain.
(c) A silver basin from Rome.
(d) A copper basin from Russia.
2. What was the woman dressed in?
(b) Spanish lace.
(d) Oriental silk.
3. What does Ivan think when he notices Father Lukas' contempt for the local Slavs?
(a) Slavs would inherit the earth.
(b) Slavs would be second only to the non-existent Americas.
(c) Slavs would put a man on the moon before the people of any other nation.
(d) All of these.
4. What did Matfei immediately regret?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Telling Dimitri about his thoughts that Ivan will father a boy and die.
(d) Calling Ivan a coward in front of the people.
5. Why did Yaga take pains to sever the eye at the back of the optic nerve?
(a) She wanted to get the maximum strength from the eye.
(b) She wanted to make sure he felt the extraction.
(c) All of these.
(d) She wanted to make the man suffer as much as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did children recognize before adults?
2. What does Ivan wish to write the stories down on?
3. What did Esther fill the basin with?
4. What year does Ivan find out it is?
5. What did Ivan go looking for in the morning at cousin Marek's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does rock and roll represent to Vanya's father?
2. What does Ivan need to do in order to go home?
3. Why couldn't Yaga simply kill the girl and take over the kingdom?
4. What did the Princess think of Ivan?
5. Why is Nadya hesitant to show the Princess' hoose to her son and Father Lukas?
6. How did Katerina react when Ivan said the witch's name?
7. What was Yaga supposed to have felt, but didn't?
8. What does Ivan realize is the death knell for Taina?
9. What had Yaga done to convey her message to her late husband?
10. Why can't Katerina name Dimitri as the war leader?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)