|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bear tell Yaga to do?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Kill the girl.
(d) Take the kingdom.
2. What was the message on the piece of paper?
(a) Deliver this message.
(b) Follow your dreams.
(c) Don't come back.
(d) Always marry for love.
3. What did Vanya's father lose?
(a) His pocket watch.
(b) His job at the university.
(c) His religion.
(d) His mind.
4. What did Ivan's father suggest that he return to Russia for?
(a) To do his research for his dissertation.
(b) To find his path in his motherland.
(c) To marry a Russian woman.
(d) To regain his honor and dignity as a Russian citizen.
5. What had Yaga deliberately left out of the salve?
(a) Astringent herbs.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Anesthetic herbs.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brother Sergei believe that Ivan is already a Christian?
2. What is the only thing holding the Widow back?
3. What did Vanya's family lose?
4. What was a stupid thing to say as he departed from Ruth?
5. How long had it been since the princess had undergone enchantment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What issue did Ivan have once he had hit the bear?
2. What had Yaga done to convey her message to her late husband?
3. What was the difference in the way cousin Marek and Ivan had gained their muscles and toned bodies?
4. How does Ivan justify his wearing the princess' hoose?
5. What does Ivan realize is the death knell for Taina?
6. What did Baba Yaga wish to gain from Bear?
7. How did Ivan solve the problem of the bear?
8. What did the Princess think of Ivan?
9. What was Yaga supposed to have felt, but didn't?
10. Why couldn't Yaga simply kill the girl and take over the kingdom?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)