|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Katerina suspect that Ivan represented?
(a) The Purest Love.
(b) The Wisest Man.
(c) The Strongest Knight.
(d) All of these.
2. What was the bear to Yaga?
(a) Her concubine.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her husband.
3. What did Bear ask Yaga for?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) A salve.
(d) The eye.
4. What had Vanya figured had happened?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) He had imagined the whole thing.
(d) He had hit his head harder than he had originally thought.
5. Who finally gives Ivan clothes?
(a) King Matfei.
(b) King Alexander.
(c) King Matvei.
(d) King Matteau.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it impossible for Katerina to imagine?
2. What did Vanya's father lose?
3. What do both Katerina and Matfei believe Ivan was being raised to be?
4. What had Yaga deliberately left out of the salve?
5. What happened in the clearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Katerina react when Ivan said the witch's name?
2. How did Ivan justify what he had seen and heard in the forest as a child?
3. What was Ivan's excuse for not writing home?
4. Why was it unrealistic that Vanya was imagining Abraham in the forest and countryside? Why didn't this stop him from his fantasy?
5. What issue did Ivan have once he had hit the bear?
6. How did Ivan solve the problem of the bear?
7. What was the difference in the way cousin Marek and Ivan had gained their muscles and toned bodies?
8. What did the Princess think of Ivan?
9. How did Ivan's parents' sacrifice weigh heavily on his mind? How did this affect the way he led his life?
10. What did Vanya's parents fear? What did they decide to do about it?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)