|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vanya's plane land?
2. What message was Yaga trying to send to her late husband, King Brat?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) If you make Yaga do what she doesn't want to do, you won't like the result.
(d) If you try and stop Yaga from doing what she wants to do, you and your loved ones die.
3. What do his classmates call Vanya?
4. What did Ivan compare himself to while talking to Katerina?
(a) A woman.
(b) None of these.
(c) A slave.
(d) A beggar.
5. What happened in the clearing?
(a) A pedestal was revealed.
(b) None of these.
(c) The leaves churned and revealed a pit.
(d) The clearing shimmered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What didn't Ivan do that he had been expected to?
2. Who had sent the bear after Katerina?
3. Why didn't Bear want to kill her?
4. What had it taken a long time to get out of the house?
5. What item assured Ivan that Taina was a doomed town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ivan need to do in order to go home?
2. What does Ivan realize is the death knell for Taina?
3. What problem does Ivan come across when he tries to justify his impending marriage to Ruth to Katerina?
4. What did Baba Yaga wish to gain from Bear?
5. How did Ivan justify what he had seen and heard in the forest as a child?
6. What does rock and roll represent to Vanya's father?
7. How did Ivan's relationship with his mother differ from his relationship with his father?
8. How did Ivan's parents' sacrifice weigh heavily on his mind? How did this affect the way he led his life?
9. What was the difference in the way cousin Marek and Ivan had gained their muscles and toned bodies?
10. Why couldn't Yaga simply kill the girl and take over the kingdom?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)