|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What discussions were abounding in the cafes?
(a) What America would or would not do to help the new nation of Ukraine.
(b) All of these.
(c) Whether or not the Ukraine should be independent.
(d) Whether prices should remain under control or allowed to inflate.
2. What happened in the clearing?
(a) A pedestal was revealed.
(b) The clearing shimmered.
(c) The leaves churned and revealed a pit.
(d) None of these.
3. What did the woman say to Ivan?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Marry me.
(c) Ask me to marry you.
(d) Both of these.
4. What is the only thing holding the Widow back?
(a) The law of succession.
(b) The law of redemption.
(c) The law of integrity.
(d) The law of righteousness.
5. What did Esther fill the basin with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What constellation did Katerina refer to?
2. What does Ivan think when he notices Father Lukas' contempt for the local Slavs?
3. What had haunted Ivan about the chasm?
4. What was Yaga's real disappointment?
5. What did Ivan say in Old Church Slavonic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Esther when Ivan rescued the princess Katerina?
2. What was the difference in the way cousin Marek and Ivan had gained their muscles and toned bodies?
3. What problems occurred in Taina when Baba Yaga appeared?
4. Why can't Katerina name Dimitri as the war leader?
5. Why was it unrealistic that Vanya was imagining Abraham in the forest and countryside? Why didn't this stop him from his fantasy?
6. What did Vanya's parents fear? What did they decide to do about it?
7. How did Ivan solve the problem of the bear?
8. Why is Nadya hesitant to show the Princess' hoose to her son and Father Lukas?
9. In what ways was the young man that had rescued the princess not what Yaga had suspected?
10. What did Baba Yaga wish to gain from Bear?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)