|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bear help Katerina?
(a) All of these.
(b) He slipped her the hint about containing Yaga.
(c) He stayed completely still while Katerina drew a pentagram and invoked the spells of containment.
(d) He told her of the Widow's plan.
2. What was Katerina expecting?
(a) Some attempt to thwart her magic.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Some sort of boast from Yaga.
3. What did Ruth sense out of Ivan's parents?
(a) They despised her.
(b) They resented her for taking Ivan away.
(c) They entertained her only out of duty.
(d) All of these.
4. What did Ivan take from the compartment?
(a) The message that needed to be delivered.
(b) His textbook.
(c) His books.
(d) His clothes.
5. What happens to the plane that Katerina and Ivan were supposed to be on?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It blows up.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
6. What did Katerina notice about Mother's place?
(a) It was comfortable and cozy.
(b) It was subtly and deftly protected through spells and witchcraft.
(c) It was well maintained.
(d) It was sparklingly clean, and she was always tidying up.
7. What was the final proof that Ivan had broken Yaga's spells?
(a) When Ivan got free of the plane.
(b) When the plane disappeared.
(c) When Bear came back to command the troops.
(d) When Matfei talked.
8. What is actually killing Sergei?
(a) Blood loss.
(b) Lack of desire to live.
(c) Head trauma.
(d) The shock of his wounds.
9. What reason did Katerina give Ivan for joining him in his bed?
(a) A wife came to her husband.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Katerina came to him in love.
10. At what point was Katerina sick on the airplane?
(a) When the plane landed.
(b) When it banked sharply after it rose.
(c) When the plane rose into the air.
(d) When she looked out the window and saw the ground fall away.
11. What one thing did Katerina not fear?
(a) The glider falling apart.
(b) Ivan's death.
(c) Her confrontation with Bear.
(d) Her confrontation with the Widow.
12. What had Sergei never seen before?
(a) Father Lukas vexed.
(b) Father Lukas, humbled.
(c) All of these.
(d) Father Lukas thwarted.
13. What did Ivan realize when he approached Cousin Marek's?
(a) Katerina was limping.
(b) Katerina was weeping from exertion.
(c) He had been gone for over a year.
(d) His town was on the same site as Taina.
14. What does Katerina give Ivan to tie around his wrists?
(a) Four strands of her hair.
(b) Five strands of her hair.
(c) Two strands of her hair.
(d) Three strands of her hair.
15. What was Baba Yaga's war steed?
(a) None of these.
(b) A donkey.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Katerina think Ivan had listened to her?
2. Why were the people ashamed to have followed Dimitri?
3. What does Katerina reveal to Ivan while they are on the plane?
4. What was the most amazing thing of all about Katerina?
5. Where was Baba Yaga hiding on the plane?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)