|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ruth's friends think was the reason that Ivan wouldn't sleep with her?
(a) He was gay.
(b) Both of these.
(c) None of these.
(d) He had a childhood injury.
2. What did Ruth wake up to find in the morning?
(a) Her skin had gone red and blotchy.
(b) None of these.
(c) All her hair had fallen out.
(d) Her teeth had become brittle and began to break.
3. What did Mikola wish that he had written down?
(a) His stories.
(b) His spells.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
4. What did Ivan feel he could do in the presence of his cousin with Katerina?
(a) Hold her.
(b) Slap her.
(c) Leave her.
(d) Kiss her.
5. What did Ivan fear had already ran out?
(a) His welcome at cousin Marek's.
(b) His deadline for his dissertation.
(c) His visa to the Ukraine.
(d) His engagement to Ruth.
6. What spell does Baba Yaga do best?
(a) A spell of binding.
(b) A spell of destruction.
(c) A spell of impotency.
(d) A spell of fire.
7. How did Dimitri feel about Katerina?
(a) He hated her.
(b) He tolerated her.
(c) He loved her.
(d) He liked her.
8. How much of the food did the army consume on the first night?
(a) One third of the rations.
(b) Half the rations.
(c) A third of the rations.
(d) Two thirds of the rations.
9. What one thing did Katerina not fear?
(a) Her confrontation with the Widow.
(b) Her confrontation with Bear.
(c) The glider falling apart.
(d) Ivan's death.
10. What does Katerina decide?
(a) She is heading back to Taina.
(b) She is going back to sleep.
(c) None of these.
(d) She is coming with Ivan.
11. Where was the plane found?
(a) In the middle of a dense forest.
(b) In the middle of Moscow.
(c) In the middle of a desert.
(d) In the middle of a field.
12. How does Katerina expect to deal with the knowledge of Ivan's impeding assassination?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) By taking him home.
(c) By having him start consummating the marriage.
(d) Both of these.
13. What does Ivan tell Matfei?
(a) That he doesn't have to be king if he doesn't want to be.
(b) All of these.
(c) With any luck, the choice to rule won't be forced on him too soon.
(d) That he needs to have the heart to rule.
14. Why did Katerina think Ivan had listened to her?
(a) All of these.
(b) She is a beautiful woman.
(c) She had commanded him to do so.
(d) She is the princess of Taina.
15. What does Sergei overhear?
(a) A plan to kill Baba Yaga.
(b) A plot to kill Ivan.
(c) A plot to kill Katerina.
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth insist upon?
2. What was Baba Yaga's war steed?
3. What "accusation" does King Matfei make of Ivan, unwittingly?
4. Why does Yaga want Bear to kill Ivan?
5. What spell or charm did Esther give to Ivan and Katerina?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)