Short Answer Key
1. What do his classmates call Vanya?
2. What did Vanya's father lose?
His job at the university.
3. What did Vanya take solace in?
4. What did Vanya's family lose?
5. What did Vanya come to love about moving to the country?
The old forests of Europe that still survived.
6. What did Vanya find in the clearing?
A woman lying down.
7. What justification did Vanya give for the clearing?
It was an old meteor strike.
8. What happened in the clearing?
The leaves churned and revealed a pit.
9. What had Vanya figured had happened?
He had imagined the whole thing.
10. Where did Vanya's plane land?
11. What did Vanya like about the way Americans spoke?
The way they pronounced his name.
12. What did Ivan do when his father chastised him for spending time on running?...
This section contains 2,165 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)