|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been the burden on Ivan's shoulders?
(a) Coming to America.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Fulfilling his parents expectations of him.
2. What did Vanya's father lose?
(a) His religion.
(b) His job at the university.
(c) His mind.
(d) His pocket watch.
3. What does Ruth's mother keep saying about Ivan?
(a) That he doesn't act like a young man in love.
(b) That he shouldn't have left for Russia.
(c) That he wouldn't make a good husband.
(d) That he isn't right for Ruth.
4. How does Katerina expect to deal with the knowledge of Ivan's impeding assassination?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) By taking him home.
(d) By having him start consummating the marriage.
5. Who is Cousin Marek, truly?
(a) None of these.
(b) His aunts son.
(c) Mikola Mozhaiski.
(d) Bear, in human form.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ruth's friends think was the reason that Ivan wouldn't sleep with her?
2. What did Ivan fear had already ran out?
3. What did Ivan's father suggest that he return to Russia for?
4. What message was Yaga trying to send to her late husband, King Brat?
5. What was the moral of the story of the Sky, the Rat and the Well?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)