|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did it take Ivan's family so long to leave the first time and not Katerina?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Marek didn't have as good of contacts in Moscow as he did in Kiev.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Marek didn't really want Ivan and his family to go.
2. What do his classmates call Vanya?
3. Into whose head did Baba Yaga place dissent?
(a) King Matfei.
4. What did Bear ask Yaga for?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) The eye.
(d) A salve.
5. What did Vanya like about the way Americans spoke?
(a) The way they sung in songs.
(b) The way they talked about the forest.
(c) The way they spoke about their parents.
(d) The way they pronounced his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bear tell Yaga to do?
2. What had been the burden on Ivan's shoulders?
3. What does Ivan's mother pretend to do?
4. What happened when Ivan crossed the threshold of Katerina's world?
5. What message was Yaga trying to send to her late husband, King Brat?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)