|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had haunted Ivan about the chasm?
(a) The thing beneath the leaves.
(b) The trees and the circular clearing.
(c) The woman on the pedestal.
(d) None of these.
2. What did Ivan incapacitate within the bear?
(a) His eye.
(b) His leg.
(c) His head.
(d) His arm.
3. What did Ivan go looking for in the morning at cousin Marek's?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Some food.
(c) The outhouse.
(d) Neither of these.
4. How long had it been since the princess had undergone enchantment?
(a) A few months.
(b) A year.
(c) Two years.
(d) A couple months.
5. What was part of the defense mechanism of the chasm?
(a) A howling of longing and blood curdling chilling.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Rocks were thrown at him.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Ivan's body been shaped by?
2. What did Vanya's father lose?
3. What does Ivan's mother pretend to do?
4. What was a stupid thing to say as he departed from Ruth?
5. What was in Katerina's gesture when she touched him?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)