|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ivan's father suggest that he return to Russia for?
(a) To marry a Russian woman.
(b) To do his research for his dissertation.
(c) To regain his honor and dignity as a Russian citizen.
(d) To find his path in his motherland.
2. What did Ivan not speak to his father about?
(a) His frustrations.
(b) All of these.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His yearnings and hopes
3. What had Ivan's body been shaped by?
(a) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
4. What justification did Vanya give for the clearing?
(a) It was the remnant of an old army base.
(b) It was an old meteor strike.
(c) It was a naturally occurring clearing,
(d) It was once a castle.
5. What happened in the clearing?
(a) The leaves churned and revealed a pit.
(b) None of these.
(c) The clearing shimmered.
(d) A pedestal was revealed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan do when his father chastised him for spending time on running?
2. What did Vanya's father lose?
3. What was a stupid thing to say as he departed from Ruth?
4. Where did Vanya's plane land?
5. What does Ivan's mother say about Ruth?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)