|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vanya's family lose?
(a) Their communities respect.
(b) All of these.
(c) Their apartment.
(d) Their dignity.
2. When Ivan thought about going home, where did he think about returning to?
(a) His mother's face.
(b) The foothills of the Carpathian mountains.
(c) His father's proud expression.
(d) Ruth's embrace.
3. What did Ivan's father suggest that he return to Russia for?
(a) To marry a Russian woman.
(b) To do his research for his dissertation.
(c) To regain his honor and dignity as a Russian citizen.
(d) To find his path in his motherland.
4. What didn't Ivan do that he had been expected to?
(a) Invite Ruth to Russia.
(c) All of these.
(d) Write home.
5. What did Vanya's father lose?
(a) His religion.
(b) His mind.
(c) His pocket watch.
(d) His job at the university.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vanya find in the clearing?
2. What does Ivan's mother pretend to do?
3. What did Vanya like about the way Americans spoke?
4. What happened in the clearing?
5. What did Vanya take solace in?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)