|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yaga attempting to extract from the merchant?
(a) His heart, while it still beat.
(b) His tongue.
(c) His eyes, still living.
(d) None of these.`
2. What had Ivan's body been shaped by?
(b) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
3. What was the woman dressed in?
(c) Oriental silk.
(d) Spanish lace.
4. Who is moving into Ivan's room?
(a) None of these.
(b) Father Lukas.
(d) Brother Sergei.
5. What did Vanya like about the way Americans spoke?
(a) The way they pronounced his name.
(b) The way they sung in songs.
(c) The way they spoke about their parents.
(d) The way they talked about the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Ivan not know in Old Church Slavonic?
2. What had haunted Ivan about the chasm?
3. Why couldn't Ivan walk away and leave this task to someone else?
4. Who finally gives Ivan clothes?
5. What did Vanya's family lose?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)