|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do his classmates call Vanya?
2. What did Katerina not want to believe, but had to accept was true?
(a) That King Matfei began the plot to kill Ivan.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) That Dimitri was a part of the plot to kill Ivan.
(d) Both of these.
3. What does Katerina give Ivan to tie around his wrists?
(a) Four strands of her hair.
(b) Two strands of her hair.
(c) Three strands of her hair.
(d) Five strands of her hair.
4. When Ivan thought about going home, where did he think about returning to?
(a) His father's proud expression.
(b) His mother's face.
(c) Ruth's embrace.
(d) The foothills of the Carpathian mountains.
5. What did Vanya like about the way Americans spoke?
(a) The way they spoke about their parents.
(b) The way they sung in songs.
(c) The way they pronounced his name.
(d) The way they talked about the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mikola wish that he had written down?
2. What had Vanya figured had happened?
3. What does Ivan think when he notices Father Lukas' contempt for the local Slavs?
4. What did Ivan compare himself to while talking to Katerina?
5. What had been the burden on Ivan's shoulders?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)