1. What do his classmates call Vanya?
2. What did Vanya's father lose?
(a) His job at the university.
(b) His pocket watch.
(c) His mind.
(d) His religion.
3. What did Vanya take solace in?
(b) Rock and roll music.
(c) Disobeying authority.
(d) Disrespecting his parents.
4. What did Vanya's family lose?
(a) Their dignity.
(b) All of these.
(c) Their apartment.
(d) Their communities respect.
5. What did Vanya come to love about moving to the country?
(a) That he could still act like a Russian.
(b) The old forests of Europe that still survived.
(c) The labor and intensity of work.
(d) That no one shunned him.
6. What did Vanya find in the clearing?
(a) A coffin.
(b) An endless carpet of pine needles.
(c) A woman lying down.
(d) All of these.
7. What justification did Vanya give for the clearing?
(a) It was once a castle.
(b) It was a naturally occurring clearing,
(c) It was an old meteor strike.
(d) It was the remnant of an old army base.
This section contains 4,615 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)