|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 42, what is Jim watching in the river?
(a) A child's coffin.
(b) An American dinghy.
(c) A Chinese fishing boat.
(d) A school of fish.
2. Where do Basie and the other bandits head to in Part 3, Chapter 40?
(d) Nantao Stadium.
3. What does the Eurasian man tell Jim ended the war?
(a) The atom bombs.
(b) Russia's taking of China.
(c) A huge naval battle between Japan and America.
(d) Hitler's surrender.
4. What was the original purpose of the concrete stadium where the prisoners spend the night?
(a) Soccer matches.
(b) The Olympics.
(c) Sumo wrestling.
(d) Music concerts.
5. How often do the rations arrive at Lunghua in July?
(a) Every other week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been set up in downtown Shanghai since the end of the war?
2. What does Jim do to help himself fall asleep in the stadium?
3. Who urges Jim to get up when the procession leaves the checkpoint?
4. On what does Mr. Maxted sit to rest in the approaches to Nantao?
5. Whose bunk does Jim lie down in to read a magazine after helping the Britishers unpack the canisters?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)