|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who searches for Jim after the air raid?
(a) Mr. Maxted.
(b) Private Kimura.
(c) Dr. Ransome.
2. What possession of Mrs. Partridge's does Basie sell to Mrs. Blackburn?
(a) Her earrings.
(b) Her hairbrushes.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her coat.
3. Why does Jim's father leave the car?
(a) To help rescue the drowning sailors.
(b) To clear a path through the crowd.
(c) To buy a newspaper.
(d) To retrieve something he left in the hotel.
4. What does Frank have in the dinghy with him?
(a) Cans of food.
(b) Freshly caught fish.
(c) A rifle.
(d) Brass portholes.
5. How does Jim get into the dentist's house?
(a) He breaks a window.
(b) The door is unlocked.
(c) He crawls in through the air conditioning vents.
(d) There is an open window in the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does the Japanese soldier put water for the prisoners?
2. What do Jim and the other prisoners have to eat at the prison camp?
3. What does Dr. Ransome give Jim to give to Basie?
4. Who is Vera?
5. What has become the main currency of the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim learn from reading the magazines dropped by the Americans?
2. What kind of education is Dr. Ransom giving Jim?
3. Why does Jim not abandon his belongings with many of the other prisoners'?
4. Why is Jim so affected by the sight of the dead kamikaze pilot?
5. What cheers Jim as he walks to the Lunghua Camp?
6. How did the prisoners react to the Japanese soldiers' withdrawal into the guardhouse?
7. What does Jim think of while lying on Mrs. Vincent's bunk?
8. Describe the pilot Jim meets at Lunghua.
9. What does Jim find when he get to his home on Amherst Avenue?
10. What does Jim tell Frank and Basie about his parents?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)