|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not something Jim did for entertainment in his first year at Lunghua Camp?
(a) Attended lectures.
(b) Helped to copy parts for "Macbeth."
(c) Moved scenery for "Pirates of Penzance."
(d) Acted in a play.
2. What is taken from Jim on his way from the hospital to his home?
(a) His watch.
(b) His cap.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His money.
3. Through what bombed-out city does the truck of prisoners from the detention center travel on its way to the camp?
4. What has become the main currency of the camp?
5. What type of game did Dr. Ransome organize the previous winter?
(b) American football.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Jim at the detention center?
2. What is the name of the British ship anchored near the hotel?
3. Who is Mr. Guerevitch?
4. What sort of public execution does Jim witness on his way from the hospital to his home?
5. What exam is Jim supposed to take the day the fighting starts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Japanese having their gates and fences reinforced?
2. What changes does Jim notice in Shanghai when he ventures back out from the Maxteds' apartment?
3. What is the "shadow film"?
4. What does Jim find at the hospital on his return to Lunghua?
5. How does Jim try to save Mr. Maxted?
6. What jobs does Jim do for Basie?
7. What does Jim do to pass the time in the empty houses where he stays?
8. Why does Jim think the Japanese army is after him in Part 1, Chapter 5?
9. How is Jim being used by Basie's gang of bandits?
10. What convinces Jim that the war is actually over?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)