|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Basie take from Jim?
(a) His blazer.
(b) His watch.
(c) His bicycle.
(d) His shoes.
2. Who is being held at the internment camp at St. Francis Xavier seminary?
(a) Military personnel.
(b) British civilians.
(c) Chinese women and children.
3. What is spilled on the floor of Jim's mother's room?
(a) Her jewelry case.
(d) Talcum powder.
4. What is the name of the American planes Jim sees at Lunghua?
(a) Seattle Skyrockets.
(b) Brewster Buffaloes.
(c) Colorado Conestogas.
(d) Flying Flapjacks.
5. Who searches for Jim after the air raid?
(b) Dr. Ransome.
(c) Private Kimura.
(d) Mr. Maxted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim retrieve for Mr. Maxted from the Japanese soldiers?
2. Who does Jim tell the Vincents is the best teacher?
3. What does Jim find to eat in the dentist's house?
4. What homework does Dr. Ransome give Jim at the end of Part 2, Chapter 25?
5. Who is Mr. Guerevitch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jim spend his three days back at Lunghua Camp?
2. Where does Jim sleep at Lunghua Camp?
3. What theory does Jim want to share with the Japanese?
4. What kind of education is Dr. Ransom giving Jim?
5. What does Jim learn from reading the magazines dropped by the Americans?
6. What happens to Jim when he returns to the truck outside of Nantao?
7. Why does Jim not abandon his belongings with many of the other prisoners'?
8. What is annoying Jim during the march to Nantao?
9. Describe the stadium as Jim sees it in daylight.
10. What cheers Jim as he walks to the Lunghua Camp?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)