|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lieutenant Price reopen the gates?
(a) To take Jim's Spam.
(b) To steal Jim's shoes.
(c) To give Jim some chocolate.
(d) To let Jim into Lunghua.
2. How many people are in the bandits' Buick?
3. What building does Jim try to enter at the end of Part 3, Chapter 41?
(a) His Amherst Avenue home.
(b) Lunghua Airfield's watchtower.
(c) Nantao Stadium.
(d) The Lunghua Camp hospital.
4. What does the pilot hand to Jim?
(a) A mango.
(b) An apple.
(c) A potato.
(d) An orange.
5. Who does Jim meet up with at the end of Part 3, Chapter 38?
(a) His mother.
(c) Dr. Ransome.
(d) His father.
6. What does Mr. Tulloch tell Jim he wants to pick up before they drive on to Shanghai?
(a) A roulette wheel.
(b) Fur coats.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A dining room table.
7. For how long does Jim follow the pilot?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) An hour.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
8. What does Jim do to help himself fall asleep in the stadium?
(a) Recite poems to himself.
(b) Count sheep.
(c) Recite the Lord's Prayer.
(d) Conjugate Latin verbs.
9. Where do Basie and the other bandits head to in Part 3, Chapter 40?
(b) Nantao Stadium.
10. What has Jim been doing frequently since returning to Shanghai?
(a) Going to the movies.
(c) Riding his bicycle around the city.
(d) Visiting Lunghua.
11. Where does Jim sleep while back at Lunghua Camp?
(a) Basie's bunk.
(b) His old bunk.
(c) The guardhouse.
(d) Mrs. Vincent's bunk.
12. To what building does Lieutenant Price take an unplanned detour on the way to Shanghai?
(b) Lunghua Pagoda.
(c) Nantao Stadium.
(d) The Bund.
13. What does Mr. Tulloch want to know if Jim saw at Nantao?
(a) The atom bomb.
(b) Scotch whiskey.
(d) American soldiers.
14. What does Jim use to clean the can of Spam?
(a) A Pierrot costume.
(b) A parachute.
(c) His sleeve.
(d) The curtain from his cubicle.
15. What type of airplane drops the parachutes?
(a) A Spitfire.
(b) A Zero.
(c) A Mustang.
(d) A Superfortress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What battle is Jim looking at a picture of while he waits for Price and Mr. Tulloch?
2. What country's planes are circling overhead near the end of Part 3, Chapter 41?
3. What did Jim see at Nantao that impresses Lieutenant Price and Mr. Tulloch?
4. Who has Jim learned is dead since returning to Shanghai?
5. In what country's uniforms are the soldiers who fire on the Communist village dressed?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)