|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal's carcass does Jim peer into on his walk back to Lunghua?
(a) A pig.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A dog.
2. What does Mrs. Philips give to Jim while they are resting by the checkpoint?
(a) A potato.
(b) A Bible.
(c) Her hat.
3. What is falling from the sky when Jim awakes at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 32?
4. Which of these statements is not true of Mr. Tulloch?
(a) He is the chief mechanic at Packard in Shanghai.
(b) He is wearing a pistol and guarding the Lunghua gates the day the rations drop.
(c) He is American.
(d) He spent the war at Lunghua Camp.
5. What was the original purpose of the concrete stadium where the prisoners spend the night?
(a) The Olympics.
(b) Music concerts.
(c) Sumo wrestling.
(d) Soccer matches.
6. Where are the prisoners going?
(a) Soochow Central.
7. What is the young pilot in the airfield carrying?
(a) A sword.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A fence post.
(d) A rifle.
8. How long is it between Jim's return to Amherst Avenue and his departure for England?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
9. Of what is Jim most afraid in the aftermath of the war?
(a) Basie and the bandits.
(b) The Japanese soldiers.
(c) The starving Chinese peasants.
(d) Nationalist armies.
10. Who has Jim learned is dead since returning to Shanghai?
(c) Dr. Ransome.
(d) Mrs. Vincent.
11. What battle is Jim looking at a picture of while he waits for Price and Mr. Tulloch?
(a) The Bulge.
(b) Iwo Jima.
12. How many canisters do Price and the other manage to retrieve from the drop that occurs in Part 3, Chapter 35?
13. What does the Eurasian man offer Jim in exchange for the prisoners' jewelry?
(c) A ride into Shanghai.
14. What kind of plane does Jim try to hide in from the pilot?
(a) A Hayate.
(b) A Spitfire.
(c) A Zero.
(d) A Mustang.
15. To whom does Jim give water while they are resting by the checkpoint?
(a) Dr. Ransome.
(b) Mr. Maxted.
(c) Mrs. Vincent.
(d) Mrs. Philips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim head to during Part 3, Chapter 40?
2. Whom does Jim run into at the end of Part 3, Chapter 41?
3. What has been set up in downtown Shanghai since the end of the war?
4. What causes Jim to vomit?
5. How many parties of prisoners walk out of the stadium?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)