|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Basie and the other bandits head to in Part 3, Chapter 40?
(b) Nantao Stadium.
2. How many people are in the bandits' Buick?
3. Who is shot as Jim is carrying his loot back to his hiding place?
(a) The young pilot.
(b) A British prisoner.
(c) Private Kimura.
4. Which of these things is not something Jim sees in the presidential box of the stadium?
(a) Cocktail bars.
(c) A roulette wheel.
(d) Statues of nymphs.
5. What is in the vehicle that arrives on Jim's third day back?
(a) American Marines.
(b) Dr. Ransome.
(c) A generator.
(d) A silver parachute canister.
6. What is Jim's reward for helping the Britishers unpack the canisters of rations?
(a) A can of Spam.
(b) A parachute.
(c) A chocolate bar.
(d) Three cans of powdered milk.
7. What country's bombers do Jim and Basie watch drop silver canisters at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 40?
(a) United States.
8. What has Jim been doing frequently since returning to Shanghai?
(a) Riding his bicycle around the city.
(c) Going to the movies.
(d) Visiting Lunghua.
9. What happens when Jim tries to place some Spam into the pilot's mouth?
(a) The pilot bites his finger.
(b) The pilot chokes on it.
(c) The pilot swallows it and asks for more.
(d) He drops the Spam into the canal.
10. Into what magazine does Basie tell Jim he will get his picture?
(a) "Reader's Digest."
11. What does Jim find in D Block while scavenging the camp?
(a) Golf clubs.
(b) A cricket bat.
(c) His turtle.
(d) A tennis racket.
12. What does Jim find in the canal outside the airfield?
(a) A tennis racket.
(b) The body of a Japanese soldier.
(c) A cylinder of relief rations.
(d) His turtle.
13. What does Jim see the American and British sailors do on the steps of the Shanghai Club?
(a) Moon the crowd.
(c) Sing the American national anthem.
(d) Perform a short dance to "Yankee Doodle Dandy."
14. What did Jim see at Nantao that impresses Lieutenant Price and Mr. Tulloch?
(a) The atom bomb.
(c) Cocktail bars.
(d) Fur coats.
15. Who urges Jim to get up when the procession leaves the checkpoint?
(a) Mr. Maxted.
(b) Mrs. Philips.
(c) Dr. Ransome.
(d) A Japanese soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim sleep while back at Lunghua Camp?
2. How long is it between Jim's return to Amherst Avenue and his departure for England?
3. In what country's uniforms are the soldiers who fire on the Communist village dressed?
4. What does Jim prevent Basie from shooting from the car?
5. For what do the Britishers trade a parachute and some cigarettes?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)