|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim's reward for helping the Britishers unpack the canisters of rations?
(a) A chocolate bar.
(b) A parachute.
(c) A can of Spam.
(d) Three cans of powdered milk.
2. What is being built at Lunghua Camp?
(a) An airplane hangar.
(b) An underground bunker.
(c) A runway.
(d) A hospital.
3. How long have Jim and Mr. Maxted been in the food line at the start of Part 2, Chapter 28?
(a) Since dawn.
(b) Just a few minutes.
(c) Two hours.
4. What has Dr. Ransome advised Jim to eat?
(b) Any flies he can catch.
(c) The weevils in the wheat.
5. Over what does Jim have a confrontation with Mr. Vincent at the end of Part 2, Chapter 27?
(a) Missing shoes.
(b) The turtle.
(c) The pictures on his wall.
(d) The size of his cubicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jim see at Nantao that impresses Lieutenant Price and Mr. Tulloch?
2. Which of these is not a medicine Jim tells Basie is in Dr. Ransome's cabinet?
3. What is the meaning of the shrill whistle Jim hears at the detention center?
4. Of what has Jim been dreaming lately?
5. How does Jim help Mrs. Blackburn?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)