|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 16 | Part 1, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Jim at the detention center?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mr. Maxted.
2. Where does Jim go after finding Japanese soldiers at his home?
(a) His father's office.
(b) To stay with Mr. Guerevitch.
(c) The Maxteds' apartment.
(d) The Palace Hotel.
3. How does Jim get into the dentist's house?
(a) The door is unlocked.
(b) There is an open window in the basement.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He crawls in through the air conditioning vents.
4. What is in the middle of the overgrown field?
(a) A toolshed.
(b) A burial mound.
(c) A piece of a plane.
5. What is the meaning of the shrill whistle Jim hears at the detention center?
(a) Someone is trying to escape.
(b) The sergeant is calling a roll call.
(c) It is time for their meal.
(d) It's an air raid siren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Ransome want to buy from the Japanese at the camp?
2. On whom does Jim become dependent for his food?
3. How long was Jim in prison?
4. What do Jim and the other prisoners have to eat at the prison camp?
5. What book does Jim read in one of the strange houses?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)