|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 16 | Part 1, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim go after finding Japanese soldiers at his home?
(a) The Maxteds' apartment.
(b) His father's office.
(c) To stay with Mr. Guerevitch.
(d) The Palace Hotel.
2. What do Jim and the other prisoners have to eat at the prison camp?
(b) Sweet potatoes.
3. What is taken from Jim on his way from the hospital to his home?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His cap.
(c) His money.
(d) His watch.
4. Who is put in charge of the prisoners' evening meal?
(c) Dr. Ransome.
(d) Mrs. Hug.
5. What book does Jim read in one of the strange houses?
(a) "The Wizard of Oz."
(b) "The Jungle Book."
(c) "Through the Looking Glass."
(d) "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim's family's car run over on its way to the party?
2. What is the meaning of the shrill whistle Jim hears at the detention center?
3. With whom does Jim speak on Dr. Lockwood's veranda?
4. In what does the Japanese soldier put water for the prisoners?
5. Who is Mr. Guerevitch?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)