|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 16 | Part 1, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim get into his house after leaving the hospital?
(a) Through the garbage compactor.
(b) Through an unlocked window.
(c) He has a key.
(d) He breaks a window.
2. What is Jim's job with Frank and Basie?
(a) Taking the portholes from the ships.
(b) Polishing the brass portholes.
(c) Stealing food from the market.
(d) Being their lookout.
3. What is in the middle of the overgrown field?
(a) A toolshed.
(c) A piece of a plane.
(d) A burial mound.
4. What is spilled on the floor of Jim's mother's room?
(c) Talcum powder.
(d) Her jewelry case.
5. Who joins Jim at the detention center?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mr. Maxted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the shrill whistle Jim hears at the detention center?
2. On whom does Jim become dependent for his food?
3. What does Basie trade at the market for fish and rice?
4. What is taken from Jim on his way from the hospital to his home?
5. Who is put in charge of the prisoners' evening meal?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)