|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim see on the road by a burned out ammunition truck on the road to Nantao?
(a) A dead Chinese peasant.
(b) A sack of potatoes.
(c) Other prisoners' luggage.
(d) His turtle.
2. What is Jim's job with Frank and Basie?
(a) Polishing the brass portholes.
(b) Being their lookout.
(c) Stealing food from the market.
(d) Taking the portholes from the ships.
3. What is the name of the American planes Jim sees at Lunghua?
(a) Seattle Skyrockets.
(b) Colorado Conestogas.
(c) Flying Flapjacks.
(d) Brewster Buffaloes.
4. What does Basie trade at the market for fish and rice?
(c) Jim's watch.
(d) Japanese coins.
5. Who are the Lunghua Sophomores?
(a) The block leaders.
(b) A softball team.
(c) A singing group of women.
(d) A group of young men who would be sophomores in college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not a medicine Jim tells Basie is in Dr. Ransome's cabinet?
2. In what Shanghai landmark is the detention center where Jim is held?
3. What has become the main currency of the camp?
4. Who is Mr. Guerevitch?
5. To whom does Jim give water while they are resting by the checkpoint?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)