|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Miles come into Bea's today?
(a) To offer her a proposal
(b) To escape boredom
(c) To get drunk
(d) To watch football
2. What were John Voss' parents?
(c) Petty drug dealers
3. Where does Jimmy Minty's wife take Zack to live after their divorce?
4. What is a rumor buzzing around Empire Falls lately?
(a) Someone may be interested in buying the old shirt factory
(b) Mrs. Whiting is moving to Europe
(c) The Superintendent of Schools is having an affair
(d) The Chief of Police is resigning
5. Where did authorities find Grandma Voss?
(a) In the Florida Keys
(b) In Phoenix
(c) In a landfill
(d) In the cemetery
6. What does Miles plan to do when Mrs. Whiting leaves for vacation?
(a) Partner with Bea and her liquor license
(b) Paint the inside of the Empire Grill
(c) Leave town for good
(d) Put up a new neon sign
7. Why has the person in #129 tried to find Miles?
(a) To bribe him to marry her daughter
(b) To tell him that his mother is dying of cancer
(c) To convince him to reconcile with his father
(d) To offer him a job after college
8. Where is John Voss at this point in time?
(a) In foster care
(b) The mental hospital in Augusta
(c) Transferred to a different school
(d) Prison in Portland
9. What is John Voss considered to be?
(a) A ward of the state
(c) A genius
(d) Anti social
10. With whom does Miles fight at Mrs. Whiting's house?
(a) Father Mark
11. What topic do Mrs. Whiting and Miles' mother speak of only once?
(a) C.B. Whiting
(c) Illegitimate children
12. Miles realizes that it is possible to be fond of someone and ___________________________.
(a) not want him around
(b) also love him
(c) hate him sometimes
(d) still not forgive him
13. What does Janine call to tell Miles?
(a) The Empire Grill burned down
(b) Walt is dead
(c) She has cancer
(d) She has split up with Walt
14. Which of the following did not happen on the same day as the others?
(a) Tick became best friends with Candice
(b) Miles broke Walt's arm
(c) The Empire Grill closed
(d) The town held a Fourth of July celebration
15. What activity were both Zack and John Voss involved in?
(a) Prom Decorating Committee
(b) Football practice
(c) The Homecoming Court
(d) Russian roulette
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the anonymous notes say?
2. In what year of school is Miles in the flashback in Part 3, Chapter 22?
3. Who does Janine pick up along the way to the Grill?
4. What is Justin Dibble's nickname?
5. Which of the following has Janine not done in the past three weeks?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)