|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miles works at the Empire Grill in exchange for _____________________________.
(a) an internship
(b) a measly paycheck
(c) Mrs. Whiting paying his mother's medical bills
(d) a car
2. Where does Miles' mother take him after missing church for several weeks?
(b) The stations of the cross
(c) A novena
3. For whom does Jimmy do strong-arm work?
(b) Principal Meyer
(c) Mrs. Whiting
4. Who does Miles see sitting in a police cruiser?
(a) John Voss
5. What has Zack "borrowed" from his father?
(a) His car
(c) A key ring
(d) A jacket
6. What were John Voss' parents?
(a) Petty drug dealers
7. What has one of the teachers at the high school done?
(a) Got his Master's Degree
(b) Started a book group
(c) Severely beaten his wife
(d) Quit without notice
8. Why has the person in #129 tried to find Miles?
(a) To offer him a job after college
(b) To convince him to reconcile with his father
(c) To tell him that his mother is dying of cancer
(d) To bribe him to marry her daughter
9. Where is Miles when Bill Daws summons him to the school?
(a) The Empire Grill
(b) At home
(c) At the rectory
(d) The hospital
10. Who has managed to track down Miles who has stayed away from Empire Falls since going to college?
(a) Mrs. Whiting
(b) Father Tom
11. What does Max tell Miles when he returns from a trip?
(a) They are moving to New Hampshire
(b) Miles is going to have a baby brother
(c) He and Miles' mother are divorcing
(d) He has a new job and will not be traveling so much
12. Why has Miles come into Bea's today?
(a) To watch football
(b) To get drunk
(c) To offer her a proposal
(d) To escape boredom
13. With what is Tick attempting to defend herself when Miles sees her at the school?
(a) Ball bat
(b) Exacto knife
(d) Bunsen burner
14. According to Father Mark, with what church is St. Catherine's going to merge?
(a) The Assumption Church
(b) Sacre Couer
(c) St. Mary's Church
(d) St. Bernadette's Parish
15. Where are Miles and his mother as Part 3, Chapter 19 begins?
(a) The beach
(b) At church
(c) The bus station
(d) The mall
Short Answer Questions
1. Miles realizes that it is possible to be fond of someone and ___________________________.
2. What is Sunday afternoon called in Bea's bar?
3. At what table do Tick and John Voss sit every day?
4. Who is Bill Taylor?
5. For whom does Miles' mother work after she loses her job?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)