|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a rumor buzzing around Empire Falls lately?
(a) Mrs. Whiting is moving to Europe
(b) The Superintendent of Schools is having an affair
(c) Someone may be interested in buying the old shirt factory
(d) The Chief of Police is resigning
2. Who does Zack flirt with now that Tick has made it clear she does not want to be his girlfriend?
3. Where have Miles and Tick spent the winter recuperating?
(a) Martha's Vineyard
4. Into whose custody had John Voss been released?
(a) A foster home
(b) His grandmother's
(c) His adoptive parents
(d) Principal Meyer
5. Where is John Voss at this point in time?
(a) The mental hospital in Augusta
(b) In foster care
(c) Prison in Portland
(d) Transferred to a different school
6. What is the title of Father Mark's sermon?
(a) Digital Deity
(b) When God Takes a Vacation
(c) When God Retreats
(d) God Unplugged
7. According to Father Mark, with what church is St. Catherine's going to merge?
(a) St. Bernadette's Parish
(b) St. Mary's Church
(c) Sacre Couer
(d) The Assumption Church
8. What do the anonymous notes say?
(a) "Do you know where your children are?"
(b) "You're such an asshole."
(c) "I saw what you did last weekend."
(d) "Where is John Voss' Grandmother?"
9. What behavior has John Voss been seen exhibiting?
(a) Dressing in girls clothes
(b) Torturing dogs
(c) Wearing sunglasses at night
(d) Dance routines
10. Where did Miles go to college?
(a) St. Luke's College
11. For whom does Jimmy do strong-arm work?
(a) Mrs. Whiting
(d) Principal Meyer
12. Principal Meyer thinks that Zack is ___________________________.
(a) a genius
(b) a model student
(c) just like his father
(d) untapped talent
13. What activity were both Zack and John Voss involved in?
(a) Football practice
(b) Russian roulette
(c) The Homecoming Court
(d) Prom Decorating Committee
14. Which of the following did not happen on the same day as the others?
(a) Miles broke Walt's arm
(b) Tick became best friends with Candice
(c) The town held a Fourth of July celebration
(d) The Empire Grill closed
15. Why are the students in Tick's art class feeling low?
(a) John Voss is gone
(b) Spring Break is cancelled
(c) The football team lost the game
(d) The school bond didn't pass
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Miles' mother's name?
2. What disappointing news does Janine learn about Walt?
3. Who is Irene scurrying about trying to find on this morning?
4. Who does Max say took Father Tom away from a Florida bar?
5. Why is Zack losing friends?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)