|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Walt?
(a) Refusing to grow old gracefully
(b) Becoming impotent
(c) Losing all his money
(d) Getting his Master's Degree
2. Where does Jimmy Minty's wife take Zack to live after their divorce?
3. Who has become Tick's new friend?
4. For whom does Miles' mother work after she loses her job?
(a) Pills n Such drugstore
(c) Mrs. Whiting
(d) The hospital
5. Where are Miles and his mother as Part 3, Chapter 19 begins?
(a) The beach
(b) The bus station
(c) The mall
(d) At church
6. Who does Miles see sitting in a police cruiser?
(a) John Voss
7. Into whose custody had John Voss been released?
(a) His adoptive parents
(b) A foster home
(c) His grandmother's
(d) Principal Meyer
8. Who does Janine go to see for some nurturing?
9. What do the anonymous notes say?
(a) "You're such an asshole."
(b) "Do you know where your children are?"
(c) "Where is John Voss' Grandmother?"
(d) "I saw what you did last weekend."
10. Who does Zack flirt with now that Tick has made it clear she does not want to be his girlfriend?
11. What does Max reply when Miles asks why he never said anything about Miles' mother and C.B. Whiting?
(a) "Why didn't you?"
(b) "She asked me not to."
(c) "It's none of your business."
(d) "I don't know what you're talking about."
12. Where are Zack and Justin parked?
(a) At the football field
(b) At the Empire Grill
(c) In front of John Voss' house
(d) At Pizza Hut
13. What do Irene and Father Mark find that gives them a clue about Father Tom?
(a) A Florida Keys brochure
(b) A Frequent Flier card
(c) A credit card application
(d) A library card
14. What does the woman at the health club say her nephew will do with her when she dies?
(a) Have her cremated
(b) Send her ashes into space
(c) Sling her over his shoulder and take her to the dump
(d) Bury her as far away as possible
15. What is John Voss considered to be?
(a) A ward of the state
(b) A genius
(c) Anti social
Short Answer Questions
1. At what table do Tick and John Voss sit every day?
2. What happens a couple weeks after Miles and his mother return from Martha's Vineyard?
3. Who is Irene Walsh?
4. Irene has no tolerance for ____________________.
5. With what is Tick attempting to defend herself when Miles sees her at the school?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)