|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the anonymous notes say?
(a) "Where is John Voss' Grandmother?"
(b) "I saw what you did last weekend."
(c) "You're such an asshole."
(d) "Do you know where your children are?"
2. Who is sending the anonymous notes to Principal Meyer?
3. Who does Miles discover to be Charlene's lover?
4. Who does Miles see sitting in a police cruiser?
(c) John Voss
5. Who does Miles learn has drowned in the river?
(a) Father Tom
(c) Mrs. Whiting
6. What behavior has John Voss been seen exhibiting?
(a) Dressing in girls clothes
(b) Torturing dogs
(c) Dance routines
(d) Wearing sunglasses at night
7. It is clear that Grace loves Cindy more than ____________.
8. What does John Voss bring into school?
(a) A painting
(b) A latte
(c) His lunch
(d) A revolver
9. No one has heard from John Voss since _________________________.
(a) the night his grandmother's body was discovered
(b) Principal Meyer gave him detention
(c) he flunked the algebra test
(d) he went to Boston for the weekend
10. Into whose custody had John Voss been released?
(a) Principal Meyer
(b) His adoptive parents
(c) His grandmother's
(d) A foster home
11. What topic do Mrs. Whiting and Miles' mother speak of only once?
(b) C.B. Whiting
(d) Illegitimate children
12. In what year of school is Miles in the flashback in Part 3, Chapter 22?
13. What does Max tell Miles when he returns from a trip?
(a) They are moving to New Hampshire
(b) He and Miles' mother are divorcing
(c) He has a new job and will not be traveling so much
(d) Miles is going to have a baby brother
14. What does Max reply when Miles asks why he never said anything about Miles' mother and C.B. Whiting?
(a) "Why didn't you?"
(b) "I don't know what you're talking about."
(c) "She asked me not to."
(d) "It's none of your business."
15. Who has managed to track down Miles who has stayed away from Empire Falls since going to college?
(a) Mrs. Whiting
(b) Father Tom
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Miles come into Bea's today?
2. For whom does Miles' mother work after she loses her job?
3. Irene has no tolerance for ____________________.
4. According to Bea, "Walt Comeau had all too many suggestions for a man who drank seltzer and ____________________."
5. What does Principal Meyer discover when he goes to John Voss' house?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)