Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is stuck in Janine's car as she tries to drive away from Tick?
(a) Tick's umbrella
(b) Tick's backpack
(c) Tick's purse
(d) Tick's laptop
2. Who does Miles learn has drowned in the river?
(a) Father Tom
(d) Mrs. Whiting
3. What is a rumor buzzing around Empire Falls lately?
(a) Mrs. Whiting is moving to Europe
(b) The Chief of Police is resigning
(c) Someone may be interested in buying the old shirt factory
(d) The Superintendent of Schools is having an affair
4. How does Miles feels about Janine's marriage?
(a) He is conflicted by it
(b) He is grieving
(c) He feels guilty
(d) He feels a sense of freedom
5. What does the woman at the health club say her nephew will do with her when she dies?
(a) Send her ashes into space
(b) Sling her over his shoulder and take her to the dump
(c) Bury her as far away as possible
(d) Have her cremated
6. Who does Miles see sitting in a police cruiser?
(d) John Voss
7. What is Sunday afternoon called in Bea's bar?
(a) Fiesta Siesta Day
(b) NFL Day
(c) Gridiron Greats Day
(d) NBA Day
8. What does John tell Principal Meyer about his grandmother?
(a) She is hard of hearing
(b) She never gets out of bed
(c) She is blind
(d) She is dead
9. For whom does Jimmy do strong-arm work?
(a) Mrs. Whiting
(c) Principal Meyer
10. Who does Janine go to see for some nurturing?
11. According to Father Mark, with what church is St. Catherine's going to merge?
(a) Sacre Couer
(b) St. Mary's Church
(c) The Assumption Church
(d) St. Bernadette's Parish
12. What activity were both Zack and John Voss involved in?
(a) Football practice
(b) Russian roulette
(c) The Homecoming Court
(d) Prom Decorating Committee
13. Where does Miles' mother take him after missing church for several weeks?
(b) A novena
(d) The stations of the cross
14. Why is Zack losing friends?
(a) He steals other guys' girlfriends
(b) He intentionally injured the quarterback in the last game
(c) He never gives anybody a ride
(d) He never pays for gas
15. For whom does Miles' mother work after she loses her job?
(a) The hospital
(b) Pills n Such drugstore
(d) Mrs. Whiting
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Miles and his mother as Part 3, Chapter 19 begins?
2. Which of the following did not happen on the same day as the others?
3. Where did authorities find Grandma Voss?
4. What business closes in this year?
5. What does Walt tell Bea she should buy for the bar?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)