|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of flower does Tick paint in its current, not prime, condition?
(a) A peony
(b) A daffodil
(c) A rose
(d) A daisy
2. Who is the boy with whom Tick is having a cyber romance?
3. Where does Miles' mother take him after missing church for several weeks?
(c) A novena
(d) The stations of the cross
4. What does the woman at the health club say her nephew will do with her when she dies?
(a) Have her cremated
(b) Bury her as far away as possible
(c) Sling her over his shoulder and take her to the dump
(d) Send her ashes into space
5. What does John tell Principal Meyer about his grandmother?
(a) She never gets out of bed
(b) She is dead
(c) She is hard of hearing
(d) She is blind
6. What is Tick's art class assignment for this week?
(a) Horses in a pasture
(b) A Mondrian design
(c) A still life of a flower arrangement
(d) A Kandinsky piece
7. According to Father Mark, with what church is St. Catherine's going to merge?
(a) Sacre Couer
(b) St. Mary's Church
(c) St. Bernadette's Parish
(d) The Assumption Church
8. Where did authorities find Grandma Voss?
(a) In the cemetery
(b) In the Florida Keys
(c) In a landfill
(d) In Phoenix
9. Who does Miles see sitting in a police cruiser?
(a) John Voss
10. What does Miles plan to do when Mrs. Whiting leaves for vacation?
(a) Partner with Bea and her liquor license
(b) Put up a new neon sign
(c) Paint the inside of the Empire Grill
(d) Leave town for good
11. Who is Irene Walsh?
(a) A waitress at the Empire Grill
(b) The head nurse at the hospital
(c) The housekeeper at St. Catherine's Church
(d) Miles' sister-in-law
12. Irene has no tolerance for ____________________.
(c) bad manners
13. Where is Miles when Bill Daws summons him to the school?
(a) The Empire Grill
(b) The hospital
(c) At the rectory
(d) At home
14. Miles realizes that it is possible to be fond of someone and ___________________________.
(a) still not forgive him
(b) also love him
(c) hate him sometimes
(d) not want him around
15. Who has managed to track down Miles who has stayed away from Empire Falls since going to college?
(b) Mrs. Whiting
(d) Father Tom
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Jimmy do strong-arm work?
2. Who is Bill Taylor?
3. Who is in love with Bill Taylor?
4. Where is Miles in the flashback in Part 4, Chapter 26?
5. Who does Miles discover to be Charlene's lover?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)