|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tick's art class assignment for this week?
(a) A still life of a flower arrangement
(b) A Mondrian design
(c) Horses in a pasture
(d) A Kandinsky piece
2. Where does Miles' mother take him after missing church for several weeks?
(c) A novena
(d) The stations of the cross
3. For whom does Miles' mother work after she loses her job?
(a) Mrs. Whiting
(b) The hospital
(d) Pills n Such drugstore
4. What does Max reply when Miles asks why he never said anything about Miles' mother and C.B. Whiting?
(a) "Why didn't you?"
(b) "It's none of your business."
(c) "She asked me not to."
(d) "I don't know what you're talking about."
5. What does Max tell Miles when he returns from a trip?
(a) He has a new job and will not be traveling so much
(b) They are moving to New Hampshire
(c) Miles is going to have a baby brother
(d) He and Miles' mother are divorcing
6. What has Zack "borrowed" from his father?
(a) A jacket
(b) His car
(d) A key ring
7. Why is Zack losing friends?
(a) He never pays for gas
(b) He intentionally injured the quarterback in the last game
(c) He never gives anybody a ride
(d) He steals other guys' girlfriends
8. Who had thrown himself in front of Tick to save her from John Voss' bullets?
(b) Principal Meyer
9. How does Miles feels about Janine's marriage?
(a) He feels a sense of freedom
(b) He is conflicted by it
(c) He feels guilty
(d) He is grieving
10. Who is Bill Taylor?
(a) The cable guy
(b) A TV artist
(c) The chief of police
(d) A golf pro
11. Miles realizes that it is possible to be fond of someone and ___________________________.
(a) hate him sometimes
(b) still not forgive him
(c) also love him
(d) not want him around
12. Principal Meyer thinks that Zack is ___________________________.
(a) untapped talent
(b) a genius
(c) a model student
(d) just like his father
13. What do Bea's customers complain about?
(a) The warm beer
(b) The greasy burgers
(c) The stale nuts
(d) The black and white TV
14. Where did authorities find Grandma Voss?
(a) In Phoenix
(b) In the cemetery
(c) In the Florida Keys
(d) In a landfill
15. Where is John Voss at this point in time?
(a) In foster care
(b) Transferred to a different school
(c) The mental hospital in Augusta
(d) Prison in Portland
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens a couple weeks after Miles and his mother return from Martha's Vineyard?
2. Irene has no tolerance for ____________________.
3. What was Miles' mother's name?
4. Who has become Tick's new friend?
5. What does Janine call to tell Miles?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)