|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walt tell Bea she should buy for the bar?
(a) A new jukebox
(b) New pinball games
(c) Wireless Internet
(d) A wide-screen TV
2. Where did authorities find Grandma Voss?
(a) In the Florida Keys
(b) In Phoenix
(c) In the cemetery
(d) In a landfill
3. No one has heard from John Voss since _________________________.
(a) the night his grandmother's body was discovered
(b) Principal Meyer gave him detention
(c) he flunked the algebra test
(d) he went to Boston for the weekend
4. What is the possibility of Miles' parentage?
(a) He is adopted and the details are not clear
(b) Mr. Minty claims to be his father
(c) Max is definitely his father
(d) C.B. Whiting could be his father
5. What is Justin Dibble's nickname?
(a) Just in Case
(b) Justin Dribble
(c) Just in Time
(d) Double Dibble
6. Where is Miles when Bill Daws summons him to the school?
(a) The hospital
(b) At the rectory
(c) At home
(d) The Empire Grill
7. Who does Miles see sitting in a police cruiser?
(d) John Voss
8. During her employment, Miles' mother grows fond of _____________.
(a) Long weekends
(b) fine dining
9. With whom is Justin Dibble in love?
10. Into whose custody had John Voss been released?
(a) His adoptive parents
(b) A foster home
(c) His grandmother's
(d) Principal Meyer
11. What is a rumor buzzing around Empire Falls lately?
(a) Someone may be interested in buying the old shirt factory
(b) The Superintendent of Schools is having an affair
(c) Mrs. Whiting is moving to Europe
(d) The Chief of Police is resigning
12. What is Mrs. Roderigue doing when Miles sees her at the school?
(a) Lying dead in a pool of blood
(b) Teaching class
(c) Making a flower arrangement
13. What do the anonymous notes say?
(a) "Where is John Voss' Grandmother?"
(b) "You're such an asshole."
(c) "I saw what you did last weekend."
(d) "Do you know where your children are?"
14. What does John Voss bring into school?
(a) A latte
(b) A revolver
(c) His lunch
(d) A painting
15. Which of the following does not describe Walt?
(a) Refusing to grow old gracefully
(b) Losing all his money
(c) Becoming impotent
(d) Getting his Master's Degree
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max tell Miles when he returns from a trip?
2. With what is Tick attempting to defend herself when Miles sees her at the school?
3. What was Miles' mother's name?
4. Who does Janine pick up along the way to the Grill?
5. Who is Bill Taylor?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)