|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John Voss' parents put him as an infant so they could party?
(a) At the neighbors' house
(b) In a laundry sack hanging in the closet
(c) In a locked bedroom
(d) In a playpen
2. What does Janine call to tell Miles?
(a) She has cancer
(b) Walt is dead
(c) She has split up with Walt
(d) The Empire Grill burned down
3. Why has Miles come into Bea's today?
(a) To offer her a proposal
(b) To get drunk
(c) To watch football
(d) To escape boredom
4. What does the woman at the health club say her nephew will do with her when she dies?
(a) Send her ashes into space
(b) Bury her as far away as possible
(c) Have her cremated
(d) Sling her over his shoulder and take her to the dump
5. Why are the students in Tick's art class feeling low?
(a) The football team lost the game
(b) John Voss is gone
(c) The school bond didn't pass
(d) Spring Break is cancelled
6. What is the possibility of Miles' parentage?
(a) C.B. Whiting could be his father
(b) Max is definitely his father
(c) Mr. Minty claims to be his father
(d) He is adopted and the details are not clear
7. According to Father Mark, with what church is St. Catherine's going to merge?
(a) Sacre Couer
(b) The Assumption Church
(c) St. Bernadette's Parish
(d) St. Mary's Church
8. Where is Miles in the flashback in Part 4, Chapter 26?
(a) Martha's Vineyard
9. Why has the person in #129 tried to find Miles?
(a) To tell him that his mother is dying of cancer
(b) To offer him a job after college
(c) To bribe him to marry her daughter
(d) To convince him to reconcile with his father
10. Miles realizes that it is possible to be fond of someone and ___________________________.
(a) still not forgive him
(b) hate him sometimes
(c) not want him around
(d) also love him
11. Irene has no tolerance for ____________________.
(a) bad manners
12. What has Zack "borrowed" from his father?
(a) His car
(c) A jacket
(d) A key ring
13. It is clear that Grace loves Cindy more than ____________.
14. What were John Voss' parents?
(c) Petty drug dealers
15. Who is Bill Taylor?
(a) A TV artist
(b) The cable guy
(c) A golf pro
(d) The chief of police
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walt tell Bea she should buy for the bar?
2. During her employment, Miles' mother grows fond of _____________.
3. No one has heard from John Voss since _________________________.
4. Irene thinks that Father Tom is ____________.
5. Who has managed to track down Miles who has stayed away from Empire Falls since going to college?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)