|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walt tell Bea she should buy for the bar?
(a) New pinball games
(b) A wide-screen TV
(c) Wireless Internet
(d) A new jukebox
2. What were John Voss' parents?
(d) Petty drug dealers
3. Who does Zack flirt with now that Tick has made it clear she does not want to be his girlfriend?
4. What do Irene and Father Mark find that gives them a clue about Father Tom?
(a) A credit card application
(b) A library card
(c) A Florida Keys brochure
(d) A Frequent Flier card
5. Where did Miles go to college?
(b) St. Luke's College
6. Who does Max say took Father Tom away from a Florida bar?
(a) Local police
(d) Vatican goons
7. What does Miles plan to do when Mrs. Whiting leaves for vacation?
(a) Leave town for good
(b) Paint the inside of the Empire Grill
(c) Partner with Bea and her liquor license
(d) Put up a new neon sign
8. According to Father Mark, with what church is St. Catherine's going to merge?
(a) Sacre Couer
(b) The Assumption Church
(c) St. Mary's Church
(d) St. Bernadette's Parish
9. What does Max tell Miles when he returns from a trip?
(a) He and Miles' mother are divorcing
(b) He has a new job and will not be traveling so much
(c) Miles is going to have a baby brother
(d) They are moving to New Hampshire
10. Who does Janine pick up along the way to the Grill?
(c) Father Mark
11. At what table do Tick and John Voss sit every day?
(a) The Red table
(b) The Blue table
(c) The long table
(d) The circular table
12. Who is killed at the shooting at the school?
(a) John Voss
(b) Principal Meyer
(d) Mrs. Whiting
13. In what year of school is Miles in the flashback in Part 3, Chapter 22?
14. Who has managed to track down Miles who has stayed away from Empire Falls since going to college?
(b) Father Tom
(d) Mrs. Whiting
15. Irene thinks that Father Tom is ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Zack "borrowed" from his father?
2. With what is Tick attempting to defend herself when Miles sees her at the school?
3. Who is Irene scurrying about trying to find on this morning?
4. How does Miles feels about Janine's marriage?
5. Which of the following did not happen on the same day as the others?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)