Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fifth forest scene?
2. What kind of drama is Emperor Jones?
3. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fourth forest scene?
4. How does Emperor Jones free himself from the vision he sees in the fifth forest scene?
5. How is Emperor Jones killed?
Essay Topic 1
Emperor Jones is haunted by scenes from America's slave-holding history. How is Emperor Jones in the same position as the slaves? How is his situation different?
Essay Topic 2
Emperor Jones is almost offered up as a sacrifice to the crocodile. What else is sacrificed in the play? Describe three sacrifices. What is given up? What does the sacrificer hope to obtain in return?
Essay Topic 3
Are the natives any better off now that they have killed Emperor Jones? Is there any evidence that they might not be?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)