|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which musical term describes the change in the sound of the tom-tom at the end of the fourth forest scene?
2. Who is the first character to enter in the final scene?
(a) The witch doctor.
(b) Lem and his soldiers.
(d) Emperor Jones.
3. What does Smithers have difficulty believing in the final scene?
(a) That he himself had not been emperor in Jones' place.
(b) That Jones evaded Lem and his soldiers all night.
(c) That Lem and his soldiers have been tracking Emperor Jones all night.
(d) That Jones ever positioned himself to rule over the natives.
4. What wrongdoing does Emperor Jones admit to in the fourth forest scene?
(a) Lying to the natives about his powers.
(b) Running out on his wife and kids.
(c) Killing Jeff and the prison guard.
(d) Cheating at cards and craps.
5. Which rhetorical term describes Emperor Jones' request for assistance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the irony of the silver bullet?
2. What can we gather from the fact that Emperor Jones does not shoot anyone in the apparition in the fifth forest scene?
3. What are the figures saying in Emperor Jones' vision in the fifth forest scene?
4. Where is the tom-tom coming from in the last scene?
5. What is the state of Emperor Jones' clothing as the fourth forest scene begins?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)