|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emperor Jones sees a scene in Act 1 Scene 5. Where does one of the figures in his vision gesture for him to stand?
(a) On a guillotine.
(b) On a throne.
(c) On a stump.
(d) On an auction stage.
2. Which literary term describes the interaction between Emperor Jones' voice and the voices of the figures in his vision in the fifth forest scene?
3. What wrongdoing does Emperor Jones admit to in the fourth forest scene?
(a) Lying to the natives about his powers.
(b) Running out on his wife and kids.
(c) Cheating at cards and craps.
(d) Killing Jeff and the prison guard.
4. What does Lem tell Smithers when Smithers does not believe what he tells him in the final scene?
(a) He tells Smithers that the witch doctor put a spell on Emperor Jones.
(b) He pledges to rid the island of whites and emperors.
(c) He insists they have almost caught Emperor Jones.
(d) He recounts Emperor Jones' sins and describes Jones' death.
5. What is the setting of the sixth forest scene?
(a) A clearing in the forest.
(b) A beach.
(c) A tangled forest.
(d) A crossroads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the setting in the fifth forest scene represent?
2. Which literary term describes the apparition in the fourth forest scene?
3. Which answer represents the setting when the last scene opens?
4. Which term describes the figure of the crocodile in Emperor Jones' final vision?
5. How are the figures positioned in the vision Emperor Jones sees in the fifth forest scene?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)