|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emperor Jones see in the fifth forest scene?
(a) Shackled slaves on a slave ship.
(b) Chained prisoners on a chain gang.
(c) Shackled prisoners.
(d) Chained slaves at a slave auction.
2. Where does Lem say he got his silver bullet?
(a) The natives melted down money.
(b) The natives stole it from Emperor Jones.
(c) The natives recovered it from the forest.
(d) The natives bought it from traders.
3. Whose help does Emperor Jones ask for in his final vision?
(b) The witch doctor.
(d) The Lord.
4. What does Emperor Jones use to dispel his final vision?
(a) His silver bullet.
(b) A shovel.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His shoes.
5. How are the figures positioned in the vision Emperor Jones sees in the fifth forest scene?
(a) They surround Jones like a hostile mob.
(b) They are stacked the way slaves were stacked on slave ships.
(c) They are huddled together in a mass.
(d) They are seated with their backs against the forest walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of help does Emperor Jones ask for in the fourth forest scene?
2. How do the figures move in the vision Emperor Jones sees in the fifth forest scene?
3. What atmosphere does the drumming create during the fourth forest scene?
4. What part does Emperor Jones play in the vision he sees in the fourth forest scene?
5. What does Emperor Jones do when he comes on stage in the fourth forest scene?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)