Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emperor Jones sees a scene in Act 1 Scene 5. Where does one of the figures in his vision gesture for him to stand?
(a) On a guillotine.
(b) On a stump.
(c) On an auction stage.
(d) On a throne.
2. What does Emperor Jones do once he sees his part in the vision in the fourth forest scene?
(a) He shoots the buyer and seller bidding on him.
(b) He shoots at the prosecutor and judge.
(c) He shoots at the slave owners.
(d) He throws the last of his clothing away.
3. What can we gather from the fact that Emperor Jones does not shoot anyone in the apparition in the fifth forest scene?
(a) He is strong enough that he can escape without a gun.
(b) The figures' despair is ongoing.
(c) He is so weak that he cannot shoot anyone.
(d) He is saving his last silver bullet for himself.
4. What does the sixth forest scene tell us about Emperor Jones' wanderings?
(a) He has eluded his pursuers, and knows where to run to.
(b) He has traveled to the place where the natives will find him.
(c) He has finally made it to a place of safety.
(d) He is far away from the palace and totally disoriented.
5. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the sixth forest scene?
(a) Back to the palace.
(b) Further into the forest.
(c) He lies still, with his face to the ground.
(d) Back to the crossroads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emperor Jones do when he enters the sixth forest scene?
2. What apparition does Emperor Jones see in this fourth forest scene?
3. What is the state of Emperor Jones' clothing as the fourth forest scene begins?
4. Which term describes the tone of the fourth forest scene?
5. What does Smithers ask Emperor Jones after the natives bring him in during the final scene?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)