|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which answer represents the setting when the last scene opens?
(c) Middle of the night.
2. What does Emperor Jones do when he comes on stage in the fourth forest scene?
(a) Sit on a stump and put his head in his hands.
(b) Shoot the rebellious natives.
(c) Stalk around the stage, making threats.
(d) Talk about killing himself.
3. Which term describes the tone of the fourth forest scene?
(a) Satyr play.
4. How have the tom-tom beats changed at the end of the sixth forest scene?
(a) They are muffled now.
(b) They are essentially a constant wall of sound.
(c) They are starting to get further away.
(d) They are louder and faster than ever.
5. What is the state of Emperor Jones' clothing as the fourth forest scene begins?
(a) Primitive and proud.
(b) Dirty and tattered.
(c) Natty and neat.
(d) Proud and imperial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the fourth forest scene begin?
2. What does Emperor Jones see in the fifth forest scene?
3. Who is the first character to enter in the final scene?
4. What is the setting of the sixth forest scene?
5. Which term describes the development of the plot of Emperor Jones?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)