|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emperor Jones do when he comes on stage in the fourth forest scene?
(a) Stalk around the stage, making threats.
(b) Talk about killing himself.
(c) Sit on a stump and put his head in his hands.
(d) Shoot the rebellious natives.
2. What atmosphere does the drumming create during the fourth forest scene?
(a) Meditative calm.
(b) Disorder and confusion.
(c) Blood-boiling desperation.
(d) Artful beauty.
3. How is Emperor Jones killed?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) With machine guns.
(c) With rifle shots.
(d) With pistol shots.
4. What does Emperor Jones feel when he realizes his part in the vision he sees in the fourth forest scene?
5. How does Emperor Jones feel about the thing he throws into the bushes in the fourth forest scene?
(a) He is reluctant to lose his shoes, which were once patent leather.
(b) He is glad to be rid of his jacket, which is no longer useful.
(c) He is sad to give up his gun because he has no more bullets.
(d) He is relieved to throw away his shirt because it is wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the figures move in the vision Emperor Jones sees in the fifth forest scene?
2. How has time progressed in Emperor Jones' first five visions?
3. What kind of help does Emperor Jones ask for in the fourth forest scene?
4. How are the figures positioned in the vision Emperor Jones sees in the fifth forest scene?
5. What does the sixth forest scene tell us about Emperor Jones' wanderings?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)