|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emperor Jones throw into the bushes in the fourth forest scene?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His gun.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His shirt.
2. How does Emperor Jones feel about the thing he throws into the bushes in the fourth forest scene?
(a) He is glad to be rid of his jacket, which is no longer useful.
(b) He is reluctant to lose his shoes, which were once patent leather.
(c) He is sad to give up his gun because he has no more bullets.
(d) He is relieved to throw away his shirt because it is wet.
3. Where does the fifth forest scene open?
(a) In the palace.
(b) In a clearing in the forest.
(c) In an overgrown part of the forest.
(d) At a crossroads in the forest.
4. How does Emperor Jones dispel his final vision?
(a) He strangles the person who would harm him.
(b) He shoots the crocodile.
(c) He blinks his eyes and shakes his head and the vision disappears.
(d) He prays for forgiveness.
5. Which musical term describes the change in the sound of the tom-tom at the end of the fourth forest scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the vision Emperor Jones sees in the fourth forest scene tell us about the development of the play?
2. How did the natives 'do right by' Emperor Jones?
3. Is Emperor Jones moving any closer to freedom in the fifth forest scene?
4. What can we gather from the fact that Emperor Jones does not shoot anyone in the apparition in the fifth forest scene?
5. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fifth forest scene?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)