|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lem say he got his silver bullet?
(a) The natives stole it from Emperor Jones.
(b) The natives bought it from traders.
(c) The natives recovered it from the forest.
(d) The natives melted down money.
2. What does Emperor Jones use to dispel his final vision?
(a) His silver bullet.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His jacket.
(d) A shovel.
3. How is Emperor Jones killed?
(a) With pistol shots.
(b) With machine guns.
(c) With rifle shots.
(d) He shoots himself.
4. How does the tone of the fifth forest scene change?
(a) From dread to misery.
(b) From despair to abject horror.
(c) From exhaustion to exhilaration.
(d) From despair to redemptive ancestor-pride.
5. Is Emperor Jones moving any closer to freedom in the fifth forest scene?
(a) He is trading freedom for responsibility.
(d) He is losing freedom, but gaining wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fourth forest scene?
2. How does Emperor Jones feel about the thing he throws into the bushes in the fourth forest scene?
3. What can we gather from the fact that Emperor Jones does not shoot anyone in the apparition in the fifth forest scene?
4. What does Emperor Jones do when he comes on stage in the fourth forest scene?
5. What is the setting of the sixth forest scene?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)