|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emperor Jones do when he enters the sixth forest scene?
(a) Begs for forgiveness.
(b) Installs himself on the throne.
(c) Shoots at the statues.
(d) Lies on the ground moaning in fear.
2. What does Emperor Jones say at the beginning of the fifth forest scene?
(a) He is only moaning.
(b) He tells himself that he will be free.
(c) He pleads for mercy because of his suffering.
(d) He vows to kill Smithers.
3. Where is the tom-tom coming from in the last scene?
(a) Right on stage.
(b) Back at the palace.
(c) Off at a distance.
(d) Very close by.
4. What wrongdoing does Emperor Jones admit to in the fourth forest scene?
(a) Killing Jeff and the prison guard.
(b) Running out on his wife and kids.
(c) Cheating at cards and craps.
(d) Lying to the natives about his powers.
5. What does Emperor Jones throw into the bushes in the fourth forest scene?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His gun.
(d) His shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the figures saying in Emperor Jones' vision in the fifth forest scene?
2. What does the sixth forest scene tell us about Emperor Jones' wanderings?
3. What is the tone of Emperor Jones' vision in the fifth forest scene?
4. How did the natives 'do right by' Emperor Jones?
5. What does Emperor Jones do once he sees his part in the vision in the fourth forest scene?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)