|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emperor Jones sees a scene in Act 1 Scene 5. Where does one of the figures in his vision gesture for him to stand?
(a) On a guillotine.
(b) On an auction stage.
(c) On a throne.
(d) On a stump.
2. Someone enters the sixth forest scene with Emperor Jones. What does that figure represent to Emperor Jones?
(a) The forces of evil.
(b) The spirit of the earth.
(c) Divine forgiveness.
(d) The spirit of justice.
3. What wrongdoing does Emperor Jones admit to in the fourth forest scene?
(a) Lying to the natives about his powers.
(b) Cheating at cards and craps.
(c) Killing Jeff and the prison guard.
(d) Running out on his wife and kids.
4. How does the beat of the tom-tom change at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) It is almost frenzied.
(b) It is closer and quicker than before.
(c) It is getting quieter and quieter.
(d) It is practically on stage.
5. How have the natives triumphed by the end of the play?
(a) They have killed a tyrant.
(b) They have overcome their superstitious beliefs.
(c) They have mastered the art of stone carving.
(d) They have escaped from voodoo by killing the witch doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fifth forest scene?
2. Who is the first character to enter in the final scene?
3. What is the significance of Emperor Jones dispelling his final vision?
4. Who does Emperor Jones stand in for in the fourth forest scene?
5. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the sixth forest scene?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)