|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which answer represents the setting when the last scene opens?
(d) Middle of the night.
2. Which term describes the tone of the fourth forest scene?
(d) Satyr play.
3. How does the beat of the tom-tom change at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) It is closer and quicker than before.
(b) It is almost frenzied.
(c) It is getting quieter and quieter.
(d) It is practically on stage.
4. What kind of drama is Emperor Jones?
(a) Sentimental drama.
(c) Slave narrative.
(d) Morality play.
5. What has the forest come to symbolize over the course of the five forest scenes so far?
(a) The chaos at the heart of the universe.
(b) Emperor Jones' racial history.
(c) The darkness in the heart of men.
(d) The redemptive fecundity of nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the natives 'do right by' Emperor Jones?
2. Someone enters the sixth forest scene with Emperor Jones. What does that figure represent to Emperor Jones?
3. What is the irony of the silver bullet?
4. Whose help does Emperor Jones ask for in his final vision?
5. What role is Emperor Jones supposed to play in the other person in the sixth scene's plans?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)