|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the irony of the silver bullet?
(a) It cost the natives money to make it, but it saves them money as well.
(b) It liberates the natives, but kills Emperor Jones.
(c) It started as money and ended the natives' poverty.
(d) It ends the natives' oppression, but now they are murderers.
2. How are the figures arranged in Emperor Jones' vision in the fifth forest scene?
(a) Bounding back and forth across the stage.
(b) Arranged in symmetrical rows.
(c) Dancing in a circle.
(d) Gathered around the altar.
3. What can we gather from the fact that Emperor Jones does not shoot anyone in the apparition in the fifth forest scene?
(a) He is strong enough that he can escape without a gun.
(b) He is so weak that he cannot shoot anyone.
(c) He is saving his last silver bullet for himself.
(d) The figures' despair is ongoing.
4. What role is Emperor Jones supposed to play in the other person in the sixth scene's plans?
(a) Jones is supposed to let kill himself.
(b) Jones is supposed to receive the figure's blessings.
(c) Jones is supposed to preside over the sacrificial offering.
(d) Jones is supposed to be the sacrificial offering.
5. How does the beat of the tom-tom change at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) It is practically on stage.
(b) It is almost frenzied.
(c) It is closer and quicker than before.
(d) It is getting quieter and quieter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which rhetorical term describes Emperor Jones' request for assistance?
2. Whose help does Emperor Jones ask for in his final vision?
3. Someone enters the sixth forest scene with Emperor Jones. What does that person do?
4. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fourth forest scene?
5. Which answer represents the setting when the last scene opens?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)