|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which literary term describes the apparition in the fourth forest scene?
(b) Ancestral memory.
2. What is the irony of the silver bullet?
(a) It ends the natives' oppression, but now they are murderers.
(b) It liberates the natives, but kills Emperor Jones.
(c) It cost the natives money to make it, but it saves them money as well.
(d) It started as money and ended the natives' poverty.
3. How does Emperor Jones feel at the beginning of the fifth forest scene?
4. Which answer represents the setting when the last scene opens?
(b) Middle of the night.
5. What is the irony at the end of Emperor Jones?
(a) Jones had always claimed to be immortal, but the natives threatened his life and he showed them that he was afraid of death.
(b) Jones manipulated the natives by saying that he could only be killed by a silver bullet, but they killed him with a silver bullet after all.
(c) Jones had run away from imprisonment in America, and then he died of his freedom in the West Indies.
(d) Jones swore that he could only be killed by a silver bullet, but he died of self-inflicted injuries and exhaustion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the natives 'do right by' Emperor Jones?
2. What does Emperor Jones do when he comes on stage in the fourth forest scene?
3. What can we gather from the fact that Emperor Jones does not shoot anyone in the apparition in the fifth forest scene?
4. Who is the first character to enter in the final scene?
5. Is the apparition in the fourth forest scene from Emperor Jones' past?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)