|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emperor Jones use to dispel his final vision?
(a) A shovel.
(b) His silver bullet.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His jacket.
2. Which musical term describes the change in the sound of the tom-tom at the end of the fourth forest scene?
3. What is the state of Emperor Jones' clothing as the fourth forest scene begins?
(a) Proud and imperial.
(b) Dirty and tattered.
(c) Primitive and proud.
(d) Natty and neat.
4. Who is the first character to enter in the final scene?
(a) Emperor Jones.
(b) The witch doctor.
(d) Lem and his soldiers.
5. Emperor Jones sees a scene in Act 1 Scene 5. Where does one of the figures in his vision gesture for him to stand?
(a) On a stump.
(b) On an auction stage.
(c) On a guillotine.
(d) On a throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the figures arranged in Emperor Jones' vision in the fifth forest scene?
2. Where does the fourth forest scene begin?
3. What is Emperor Jones afraid of at the beginning of the fifth forest scene?
4. Who enters the sixth forest scene with Emperor Jones?
5. What does Emperor Jones do once he sees his part in the vision in the fourth forest scene?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)