|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emperor Jones do when he enters the sixth forest scene?
(a) Shoots at the statues.
(b) Lies on the ground moaning in fear.
(c) Installs himself on the throne.
(d) Begs for forgiveness.
2. What atmosphere does the drumming create during the fourth forest scene?
(a) Meditative calm.
(b) Artful beauty.
(c) Disorder and confusion.
(d) Blood-boiling desperation.
3. Whose help does Emperor Jones ask for in the fourth forest scene?
4. How does the tone of the fifth forest scene change?
(a) From despair to redemptive ancestor-pride.
(b) From despair to abject horror.
(c) From dread to misery.
(d) From exhaustion to exhilaration.
5. What does Emperor Jones do when he comes on stage in the fourth forest scene?
(a) Sit on a stump and put his head in his hands.
(b) Talk about killing himself.
(c) Shoot the rebellious natives.
(d) Stalk around the stage, making threats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part does Emperor Jones play in the vision he sees in the fourth forest scene?
2. Which literary term describes the apparition in the fourth forest scene?
3. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fourth forest scene?
4. How does Emperor Jones free himself from the vision he sees in the fifth forest scene?
5. Who enters the sixth forest scene with Emperor Jones?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)