|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which answer represents the setting when the last scene opens?
(c) Middle of the night.
2. What does Emperor Jones do when he enters the sixth forest scene?
(a) Shoots at the statues.
(b) Begs for forgiveness.
(c) Lies on the ground moaning in fear.
(d) Installs himself on the throne.
3. How has time progressed in Emperor Jones' first five visions?
(a) Forward to the current state of American blacks.
(b) Back to American blacks' roots in Africa.
(c) Back to Jones' personal origins.
(d) Back to the beginning of slavery.
4. What does Emperor Jones see in the fifth forest scene?
(a) Shackled slaves on a slave ship.
(b) Shackled prisoners.
(c) Chained prisoners on a chain gang.
(d) Chained slaves at a slave auction.
5. How does Emperor Jones dispel his final vision?
(a) He blinks his eyes and shakes his head and the vision disappears.
(b) He shoots the crocodile.
(c) He prays for forgiveness.
(d) He strangles the person who would harm him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emperor Jones stand in for in the fourth forest scene?
2. What has the forest come to symbolize over the course of the five forest scenes so far?
3. What does Emperor Jones do when he comes on stage in the fourth forest scene?
4. Whose help does Emperor Jones ask for in the fourth forest scene?
5. How does Emperor Jones feel at the beginning of the fifth forest scene?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)