|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the figures positioned in the vision Emperor Jones sees in the fifth forest scene?
(a) They surround Jones like a hostile mob.
(b) They are seated with their backs against the forest walls.
(c) They are stacked the way slaves were stacked on slave ships.
(d) They are huddled together in a mass.
2. What is the significance of Emperor Jones dispelling his final vision?
(a) He has been reduced to the level of the natives who are looking for him.
(b) He does not have anything left to protect himself with.
(c) He has finally overcome all of the things that could hurt him.
(d) He has chosen to die for his sins.
3. What does Smithers have difficulty believing in the final scene?
(a) That Jones evaded Lem and his soldiers all night.
(b) That Lem and his soldiers have been tracking Emperor Jones all night.
(c) That Jones ever positioned himself to rule over the natives.
(d) That he himself had not been emperor in Jones' place.
4. The fact that Emperor Jones is killed by a silver bullet made from money is a form of what?
5. How does Emperor Jones feel when he enters the sixth forest scene?
(a) He is confused and does not know where he is.
(b) He is disoriented and delirious, laughing hysterically.
(c) He thinks he is back in America standing trial.
(d) He recognizes the site and he is terrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the fifth forest scene open?
2. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fifth forest scene?
3. How does Emperor Jones dispel his final vision?
4. What wrongdoing does Emperor Jones admit to in the fourth forest scene?
5. What is the setting of the sixth forest scene?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)