|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part does Emperor Jones play in the vision he sees in the fourth forest scene?
(a) He is leading a slave revolt.
(b) He is being punished.
(c) He is on trial.
(d) He is a slave being auctioned.
2. How did the natives 'do right by' Emperor Jones?
(a) They kill him in style.
(b) They showed the same cruelty to him that he had shown them.
(c) They reduced his imperial attitude to superstition and fear.
(d) They let him live after he pleaded for forgiveness.
3. Which literary term describes the apparition in the fourth forest scene?
(d) Ancestral memory.
4. Where does the fifth forest scene open?
(a) At a crossroads in the forest.
(b) In an overgrown part of the forest.
(c) In the palace.
(d) In a clearing in the forest.
5. Who is the first character to enter in the final scene?
(a) Emperor Jones.
(b) Lem and his soldiers.
(c) The witch doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term describes the development of the plot of Emperor Jones?
2. What does Emperor Jones do once he sees his part in the vision in the fourth forest scene?
3. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fifth forest scene?
4. What does Emperor Jones say at the beginning of the fifth forest scene?
5. How does Emperor Jones feel about the thing he throws into the bushes in the fourth forest scene?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)