|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wrongdoing does Emperor Jones admit to in the fourth forest scene?
(a) Running out on his wife and kids.
(b) Cheating at cards and craps.
(c) Killing Jeff and the prison guard.
(d) Lying to the natives about his powers.
2. Which literary term describes the interaction between Emperor Jones' voice and the voices of the figures in his vision in the fifth forest scene?
3. How is Emperor Jones killed?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) With pistol shots.
(c) With rifle shots.
(d) With machine guns.
4. What does Emperor Jones do when he comes on stage in the fourth forest scene?
(a) Talk about killing himself.
(b) Sit on a stump and put his head in his hands.
(c) Shoot the rebellious natives.
(d) Stalk around the stage, making threats.
5. What does Smithers have difficulty believing in the final scene?
(a) That he himself had not been emperor in Jones' place.
(b) That Jones ever positioned himself to rule over the natives.
(c) That Lem and his soldiers have been tracking Emperor Jones all night.
(d) That Jones evaded Lem and his soldiers all night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the tom-tom coming from in the last scene?
2. What part does Emperor Jones play in the vision he sees in the fourth forest scene?
3. Who does Emperor Jones stand in for in the fourth forest scene?
4. What does Emperor Jones throw into the bushes in the fourth forest scene?
5. What does Smithers ask Emperor Jones after the natives bring him in during the final scene?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)