|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fifth forest scene?
(a) Back toward the palace.
(b) He stays put.
(c) Toward the light.
(d) Further into the forest.
2. What kind of drama is Emperor Jones?
(b) Slave narrative.
(c) Morality play.
(d) Sentimental drama.
3. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fourth forest scene?
(a) Into a cave.
(b) Back into the forest.
(c) To the port.
(d) Back to the palace.
4. How does Emperor Jones free himself from the vision he sees in the fifth forest scene?
(a) He shoots the auctioneer.
(b) He shoots the slave driver.
(c) He kills the prison guard.
(d) He overpowers the others with his wailing.
5. How is Emperor Jones killed?
(a) With machine guns.
(b) With pistol shots.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) With rifle shots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Emperor Jones resemble in his dress in the fifth forest scene?
2. What does Emperor Jones do when he comes on stage in the fourth forest scene?
3. Where does the fifth forest scene open?
4. What apparition does Emperor Jones see in this fourth forest scene?
5. Which term describes the figure of the crocodile in Emperor Jones' final vision?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)