|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has time progressed in Emperor Jones' first five visions?
(a) Back to American blacks' roots in Africa.
(b) Back to Jones' personal origins.
(c) Back to the beginning of slavery.
(d) Forward to the current state of American blacks.
2. How does Emperor Jones feel at the beginning of the fifth forest scene?
3. Where does the fifth forest scene open?
(a) In the palace.
(b) At a crossroads in the forest.
(c) In a clearing in the forest.
(d) In an overgrown part of the forest.
4. What does the sixth forest scene tell us about Emperor Jones' wanderings?
(a) He has finally made it to a place of safety.
(b) He is far away from the palace and totally disoriented.
(c) He has traveled to the place where the natives will find him.
(d) He has eluded his pursuers, and knows where to run to.
5. The fact that Emperor Jones is killed by a silver bullet made from money is a form of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of drama is Emperor Jones?
2. Whom does Emperor Jones resemble in his dress in the fifth forest scene?
3. Who enters the sixth forest scene with Emperor Jones?
4. Which rhetorical term describes Emperor Jones' request for assistance?
5. How does Emperor Jones dispel his final vision?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)