Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fifth forest scene?
(a) Back toward the palace.
(b) He stays put.
(c) Toward the light.
(d) Further into the forest.
2. What kind of drama is Emperor Jones?
(b) Slave narrative.
(c) Morality play.
(d) Sentimental drama.
3. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fourth forest scene?
(a) Into a cave.
(b) Back into the forest.
(c) To the port.
(d) Back to the palace.
4. How does Emperor Jones free himself from the vision he sees in the fifth forest scene?
(a) He shoots the auctioneer.
(b) He shoots the slave driver.
(c) He kills the prison guard.
(d) He overpowers the others with his wailing.
5. How is Emperor Jones killed?
(a) With machine guns.
(b) With pistol shots.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) With rifle shots.
6. Whom does Emperor Jones resemble in his dress in the fifth forest scene?
(a) A native African.
(c) The prison guard.
7. What does Emperor Jones do when he comes on stage in the fourth forest scene?
(a) Talk about killing himself.
(b) Sit on a stump and put his head in his hands.
(c) Shoot the rebellious natives.
(d) Stalk around the stage, making threats.
8. Where does the fifth forest scene open?
(a) At a crossroads in the forest.
(b) In a clearing in the forest.
(c) In an overgrown part of the forest.
(d) In the palace.
9. What apparition does Emperor Jones see in this fourth forest scene?
(a) A prison scene.
(b) A trial in court.
(c) A slave auction.
(d) A slave uprising.
10. Which term describes the figure of the crocodile in Emperor Jones' final vision?
11. What part does Emperor Jones play in the vision he sees in the fourth forest scene?
(a) He is being punished.
(b) He is on trial.
(c) He is leading a slave revolt.
(d) He is a slave being auctioned.
12. Which literary term best approximates the sound Emperor Jones makes in the fifth forest scene?
13. How are the figures arranged in Emperor Jones' vision in the fifth forest scene?
(a) Dancing in a circle.
(b) Bounding back and forth across the stage.
(c) Gathered around the altar.
(d) Arranged in symmetrical rows.
14. How does the beat of the tom-tom change at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) It is closer and quicker than before.
(b) It is practically on stage.
(c) It is getting quieter and quieter.
(d) It is almost frenzied.
15. How has time progressed in Emperor Jones' first five visions?
(a) Forward to the current state of American blacks.
(b) Back to American blacks' roots in Africa.
(c) Back to Jones' personal origins.
(d) Back to the beginning of slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role is Emperor Jones supposed to play in the other person in the sixth scene's plans?
2. Is the apparition in the fourth forest scene from Emperor Jones' past?
3. Is Emperor Jones moving any closer to freedom in the fifth forest scene?
4. How have the tom-tom beats changed at the end of the sixth forest scene?
5. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the sixth forest scene?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)