1. What is the setting where the play begins?
In the interior of a palace.
2. Where is the play set?
3. What is the throne in the palace made of?
4. What color is the throne?
Bright red with an orange cushion.
5. Who is the first character to appear on stage?
An old woman.
6. What is the basis for Smithers' authority in the palace?
He is a white man.
7. What does Smithers talk to the old woman about in the first scene?
Where she is going.
This section contains 5,443 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)