|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have all the natives gone when the play is just beginning?
(a) To the USA.
(b) To the hills.
(c) To the palace.
(d) To the beach.
2. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the sixth forest scene?
(a) Back to the crossroads.
(b) Further into the forest.
(c) Back to the palace.
(d) He lies still, with his face to the ground.
3. What is the tone of the scene at the edge of the forest?
4. The fact that Emperor Jones is killed by a silver bullet made from money is a form of what?
5. How has the beat of the tom-tom changed when the second forest scene opens?
(a) It is louder and closer than before.
(b) It has been joined by other drums.
(c) It is closer than before, but it is subdued.
(d) It is quieter, but it plays an angry rhythm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which literary term describes Emperor Jones' work in the third forest scene?
2. Which literary term describes Emperor Jones' vision of Jeff?
3. Whom does Emperor Jones resemble in his dress in the fifth forest scene?
4. What does Smithers talk to the old woman about in the first scene?
5. Emperor Jones sees a group of figures in Act 1, Scene 4. What does he say to their leader?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)