|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the figures saying in Emperor Jones' vision in the fifth forest scene?
(a) They are telling him to run until he is free.
(b) They are demanding an end to their suffering.
(c) They are asking him to free them.
(d) They are moaning along with him.
2. What does Emperor Jones feel when he realizes his part in the vision he sees in the fourth forest scene?
3. What is the tone of the scene at the edge of the forest?
4. How is Emperor Jones killed?
(a) With rifle shots.
(b) With pistol shots.
(c) With machine guns.
(d) He shoots himself.
5. Where is the tom-tom coming from in the last scene?
(a) Right on stage.
(b) Back at the palace.
(c) Off at a distance.
(d) Very close by.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smithers have difficulty believing in the final scene?
2. Which religion predominates in Emperor Jones' final vision?
3. How far away was Emperor Jones' would-be assassin when the gun misfired?
4. Which literary term describes the structure of the first three forest scenes?
5. What are the figures carrying who Emperor Jones sees in the third forest scene?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)