|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What apparition does Emperor Jones see in this fourth forest scene?
(a) A trial in court.
(b) A slave uprising.
(c) A prison scene.
(d) A slave auction.
2. Where does the fifth forest scene open?
(a) In the palace.
(b) In a clearing in the forest.
(c) In an overgrown part of the forest.
(d) At a crossroads in the forest.
3. Which statement describes the eyes of the figures whom Emperor Jones sees in the first forest scene?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are blind.
(c) They are deformed.
(d) They glow.
4. What does Emperor Jones' flight recall to him?
(a) His flight in America.
(b) His time as a long-distance runner.
(c) An earlier native uprising.
(d) Running away from his parents' house.
5. How does the second forest scene open?
(a) The sun sets.
(b) The moon sets.
(c) The sun rises.
(d) The moon rises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the sixth forest scene?
2. Whom does Emperor Jones resemble in his dress in the fifth forest scene?
3. What does the sixth forest scene tell us about Emperor Jones' wanderings?
4. What kind of help does Emperor Jones ask for in the fourth forest scene?
5. Which musical term describes the change in the sound of the tom-tom at the end of the fourth forest scene?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)