|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What atmosphere does the tom-tom drumming create?
(b) Lingering regret.
(c) Savage anger.
(d) Impending doom.
2. Who enters the sixth forest scene with Emperor Jones?
(b) The witch doctor.
(d) The natives.
3. Whom does Emperor Jones resemble in his dress in the fifth forest scene?
(a) The prison guard.
(b) A native African.
4. What does Emperor Jones do to make Jeff disappear?
(a) Yells at it.
(b) Shoots at it.
(c) Begs for forgiveness.
(d) Dances around it.
5. Emperor Jones sees a group of figures in Act 1, Scene 4. What happens when the leader of that group turns his back to Emperor Jones?
(a) Jones acts as if to hit him with a shovel.
(b) Jones acts as if to slit his throat.
(c) Jones shoots him with the silver bullet.
(d) Jones runs into the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emperor Jones tell himself at the beginning of the third forest scene?
2. Whose experience is Emperor Jones envisioning in the fifth forest scene?
3. Which literary device is employed in this first forest scene?
4. What is the setting of the sixth forest scene?
5. Where did Emperor Jones learn the ways of the white man?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)