|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part does Emperor Jones play in the vision he sees in the fourth forest scene?
(a) He is leading a slave revolt.
(b) He is being punished.
(c) He is on trial.
(d) He is a slave being auctioned.
2. What kind of help does Emperor Jones ask for in the fourth forest scene?
(c) More bullets.
(d) Alliance with powerful political allies.
3. How does the second forest scene open?
(a) The moon rises.
(b) The sun sets.
(c) The sun rises.
(d) The moon sets.
4. The black figures that Emperor Jones sees in the first forest scene are amused by what?
(a) Emperor Jones' clothing.
(b) Emperor Jones' gun.
(c) Emperor Jones' panic.
(d) Emperor Jones' language.
5. How does Emperor Jones feel about the thing he throws into the bushes in the fourth forest scene?
(a) He is reluctant to lose his shoes, which were once patent leather.
(b) He is relieved to throw away his shirt because it is wet.
(c) He is sad to give up his gun because he has no more bullets.
(d) He is glad to be rid of his jacket, which is no longer useful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which literary device describes the increasing tempo of the tom-tom drumming?
2. What do the natives mistakenly think about Emperor Jones?
3. What atmosphere does the drumming create during the fourth forest scene?
4. How much light is there in the scene where Emperor Jones sees the formless black figures?
5. Emperor Jones sees a group of figures in Act 1, Scene 4. What does he say to their leader?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)