|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the fifth forest scene open?
(a) In the palace.
(b) In a clearing in the forest.
(c) At a crossroads in the forest.
(d) In an overgrown part of the forest.
2. Which statement describes the eyes of the figures whom Emperor Jones sees in the first forest scene?
(a) They are deformed.
(b) They glow.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are blind.
3. Which literary term describes Emperor Jones' work in the third forest scene?
4. What are the figures saying in Emperor Jones' vision in the fifth forest scene?
(a) They are moaning along with him.
(b) They are demanding an end to their suffering.
(c) They are telling him to run until he is free.
(d) They are asking him to free them.
5. What does this third apparition tell us about Jones' past?
(a) That he was wrongly imprisoned.
(b) That he was once a prison guard.
(c) That he has had hallucinations in the past.
(d) That he remembers spending time on a chain gang.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to lift Emperor Jones' spirits at the beginning of the second forest scene?
2. What provision has Emperor Jones made in case of uprising?
3. What has changed about Emperor Jones' appearance as the fifth forest scene begins?
4. Is the apparition in the fourth forest scene from Emperor Jones' past?
5. Why does Emperor Jones head for the forest at the end of the first scene?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)