|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emperor Jones sees a group of figures in Act 1, Scene 4. What does he say to their leader?
(a) He swears he will kill him.
(b) He promises to avenge his imprisonment.
(c) He proclaims his innocence.
(d) He says that he is in charge here.
2. What happens when Emperor Jones first fires his gun in the forest?
(a) He kills one of the native leaders.
(b) The tom-tom stops.
(c) The tom-tom gets louder and closer.
(d) He kills a crocodile.
3. Which musical term describes the change in the sound of the tom-tom at the end of the fourth forest scene?
4. What can we gather from the fact that Emperor Jones does not shoot anyone in the apparition in the fifth forest scene?
(a) He is saving his last silver bullet for himself.
(b) He is so weak that he cannot shoot anyone.
(c) He is strong enough that he can escape without a gun.
(d) The figures' despair is ongoing.
5. Which literary term describes the structure of the first three forest scenes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the second forest scene open?
2. What does the setting in the fifth forest scene represent?
3. What happens to lift Emperor Jones' spirits at the beginning of the second forest scene?
4. How does Emperor Jones feel about the thing he throws into the bushes in the fourth forest scene?
5. What kind of help does Emperor Jones ask for in the fourth forest scene?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)