|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emperor Jones feel in the moments before he first sees the black figures in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Which statement describes the eyes of the figures whom Emperor Jones sees in the first forest scene?
(a) They glow.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are deformed.
(d) They are blind.
3. Emperor Jones sees a group of figures in Act 1, Scene 4. What does he say to their leader?
(a) He swears he will kill him.
(b) He promises to avenge his imprisonment.
(c) He says that he is in charge here.
(d) He proclaims his innocence.
4. How has Emperor Jones changed in the first four scenes?
(a) He has more power to deal with things.
(b) He is wiser and more thoughtful about his responsibilities.
(c) He is more and more imperial in his status.
(d) He has lost his confidence and his regal bearing.
5. What do the natives mistakenly think about Emperor Jones?
(a) He is a murderer.
(b) He is a runaway felon.
(c) He is a god.
(d) He has mysterious powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the figures carrying who Emperor Jones sees in the third forest scene?
2. The black figures that Emperor Jones sees in the first forest scene are amused by what?
3. What does Jeff say when Emperor Jones speaks to him?
4. Where is the play set?
5. Who is the first character to appear on stage?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)