|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the basis for Smithers' authority in the palace?
(a) He is a white man.
(b) He is a medicine man.
(c) He is the emperor's right hand man.
(d) He is the emperor.
2. What does Jones do when he appears at the beginning of the third forest scene?
(a) He runs about wildly.
(b) He stops to catch his breath.
(c) He encounters the witch doctor.
(d) He sees Jeff's apparition.
3. Where did Emperor Jones learn the ways of the white man?
(a) A Pullman car.
(b) A real estate business.
(c) A tracking and hunting outfit.
(d) A welder on steam engines.
4. When does Emperor Jones notice the tom-tom?
(a) When he thinks he hears footsteps.
(b) When he cannot find his food.
(c) When he fires his gun.
(d) When he hears laughter in the forest.
5. The black figures that Emperor Jones sees in the first forest scene are amused by what?
(a) Emperor Jones' language.
(b) Emperor Jones' gun.
(c) Emperor Jones' clothing.
(d) Emperor Jones' panic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emperor Jones' flight recall his time in America?
2. What happens to the tom-tom drumming when Emperor Jones shoots at the apparition in the third forest scene?
3. What do the dark figures represent who Emperor Jones sees in the woods?
4. What does Emperor Jones lose in the forest?
5. Emperor Jones sees figures in the forest. What do they seem to know?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)