|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of this first scene outside the palace?
(a) To the beach.
(b) Into the forest.
(c) Back to the palace.
(d) To the port.
2. What does Emperor Jones hear in the forest?
(b) Whispering natives.
(c) A tom-tom drum.
(d) Laughing ghosts.
3. What makes Emperor Jones laugh at the beginning of the second forest scene?
(a) His anticipation of escape.
(b) His own foolishness.
(c) His freedom.
(d) His apperance.
4. What does Emperor Jones lose in the forest?
(a) His gun.
(b) His bearings.
(c) His memory.
(d) His past.
5. What does Emperor Jones do to make Jeff disappear?
(a) Begs for forgiveness.
(b) Yells at it.
(c) Dances around it.
(d) Shoots at it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emperor Jones return to the forest at the end of the second forest scene?
2. Which term describes how Emperor Jones speaks after he leaves the palace?
3. Which answer describes Jeff's movements?
4. How does Emperor Jones feel after he has seen the black figures?
5. How does Emperor Jones say he killed Jeff?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)