|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Emperor Jones foolish to have fired his gun in the forest?
(a) He is wasting his last remaining bullets.
(b) He is killing natives and angering native leaders.
(c) The natives will know where he is.
(d) He is ruining the palace.
2. Where did Emperor Jones learn the ways of the white man?
(a) A tracking and hunting outfit.
(b) A Pullman car.
(c) A real estate business.
(d) A welder on steam engines.
3. What do the natives mistakenly think about Emperor Jones?
(a) He is a god.
(b) He is a runaway felon.
(c) He is a murderer.
(d) He has mysterious powers.
4. What kind of gun does Emperor Jones carry?
(a) Long-barreled revolver.
(c) Hunting rifle.
(d) Submachine gun.
5. What is the first thing Emperor Jones asks Smithers?
(a) What did he do wrong.
(b) Why white men are always in charge.
(c) Who the old woman's children are.
(d) Where everyone is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the basis for Smithers' authority in the palace?
2. What does Smithers tell Emperor Jones to look out for when Jones is leaving the palace?
3. How much light is there in the scene where Emperor Jones sees the formless black figures?
4. What does Emperor Jones lose in the forest?
5. How do the figures that Emperor Jones sees in the forest move?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)