|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the dark figures who Emperor Jones sees in the forest know?
(a) They predict his future.
(b) They tell him where to go.
(c) They do not say anything.
(d) They tell him to leave.
2. How far away was Emperor Jones' would-be assassin when the gun misfired?
(a) Point blank.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
3. What does Emperor Jones lose in the forest?
(a) His gun.
(b) His past.
(c) His memory.
(d) His bearings.
4. What color is Jones' uniform?
(a) Light blue with a red stripe.
(b) White with gold chevrons.
(c) Blue with gold chevrons.
(d) Black with gold stripes.
5. What is the basis for Smithers' authority in the palace?
(a) He is the emperor's right hand man.
(b) He is a white man.
(c) He is the emperor.
(d) He is a medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of the scene at the edge of the forest?
2. When does Emperor Jones notice the tom-tom?
3. Where have all the natives gone when the play is just beginning?
4. How does Smithers say that Emperor Jones came into his position?
5. What happens when Emperor Jones first fires his gun in the forest?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)