|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emperor Jones' flight recall his time in America?
(a) He was always traveling as a salesman.
(b) He was always on the run from his wife and family.
(c) He did not have the resources he needed then, either.
(d) He lived in the forest there as well.
2. When does Emperor Jones notice the tom-tom?
(a) When he fires his gun.
(b) When he thinks he hears footsteps.
(c) When he hears laughter in the forest.
(d) When he cannot find his food.
3. What is the first thing Emperor Jones asks Smithers?
(a) Who the old woman's children are.
(b) Where everyone is.
(c) Why white men are always in charge.
(d) What did he do wrong.
4. Who is the first character to appear on stage?
(b) Emperor Jones.
(c) An old woman.
5. What is the throne in the palace made of?
(b) Pearls and jewels.
(c) Precious metals and stones.
(d) Uncut wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement describes the eyes of the figures whom Emperor Jones sees in the first forest scene?
2. How does Smithers say that Emperor Jones came into his position?
3. How do Emperor Jones and Smithers keep each other in their respective roles?
4. What do the natives mistakenly think about Emperor Jones?
5. What does Emperor Jones decide to do after he rings for the servants?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)