|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emperor Jones hear in the forest?
(a) A tom-tom drum.
(b) Whispering natives.
(d) Laughing ghosts.
2. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of this first scene outside the palace?
(a) Back to the palace.
(b) To the port.
(c) To the beach.
(d) Into the forest.
3. What provision has Emperor Jones made in case of uprising?
(a) He put Smithers in charge of security.
(b) He trained an elite security force.
(c) He buried food in the forest.
(d) He stockpiled weapons in the palace.
4. What do the dark figures who Emperor Jones sees in the forest know?
(a) They predict his future.
(b) They tell him to leave.
(c) They do not say anything.
(d) They tell him where to go.
5. Emperor Jones sees figures in the forest. What do they seem to know?
(a) Where Jones' food is.
(b) Where the natives are gathering.
(c) When Jones will die.
(d) What the tom-tom means.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Emperor Jones rings for the servants?
2. Which literary device is employed in this first forest scene?
3. Emperor Jones tell the natives that only one person can kill him--who is that?
4. What is the basis for Smithers' authority in the palace?
5. What color is Jones' uniform?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)