|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of this first scene outside the palace?
(a) Back to the palace.
(b) To the port.
(c) Into the forest.
(d) To the beach.
2. Which statement describes the eyes of the figures whom Emperor Jones sees in the first forest scene?
(a) They are blind.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are deformed.
(d) They glow.
3. What does Smithers tell Emperor Jones to look out for when Jones is leaving the palace?
(a) Armed natives.
(d) The witch doctor.
4. How far away was Emperor Jones' would-be assassin when the gun misfired?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 5 feet.
(d) Point blank.
5. Where does Emperor Jones look for the food he buried?
(a) Under a white rock.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In the hollow of a tree.
(d) In a clearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the basis for Smithers' authority in the palace?
2. What is the throne in the palace made of?
3. How do the figures that Emperor Jones sees in the forest move?
4. Emperor Jones sees figures in the forest. What do they seem to know?
5. What does Emperor Jones lose in the forest?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)