|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the figures Emperor Jones sees working in this third forest scene?
(a) Lem and the witch doctor.
(b) Slaves on a chain gang.
(c) Smithers and Lem.
2. What are the figures saying in Emperor Jones' vision in the fifth forest scene?
(a) They are telling him to run until he is free.
(b) They are moaning along with him.
(c) They are demanding an end to their suffering.
(d) They are asking him to free them.
3. How does Emperor Jones feel when he is orienting himself in the forest?
4. What does Jeff say when Emperor Jones speaks to him?
(a) He vows revenge.
(b) He accuses Jones of killing him.
(c) He does not respond.
(d) He predicts Jones' death.
5. Which statement describes the eyes of the figures whom Emperor Jones sees in the first forest scene?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are deformed.
(c) They are blind.
(d) They glow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Emperor Jones notice the tom-tom?
2. What does Emperor Jones throw into the bushes in the fourth forest scene?
3. What does Emperor Jones feel when he sees Jeff in the second forest scene?
4. What is the tone of Emperor Jones' vision in the fifth forest scene?
5. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fifth forest scene?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)