|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emperor Jones sees a scene in Act 1 Scene 5. Where does one of the figures in his vision gesture for him to stand?
(a) On a stump.
(b) On an auction stage.
(c) On a guillotine.
(d) On a throne.
2. What does Emperor Jones do to make Jeff disappear?
(a) Yells at it.
(b) Begs for forgiveness.
(c) Shoots at it.
(d) Dances around it.
3. How does the tom-tom drumming change at the end of the second forest scene?
(a) It gets angrier.
(b) It fades to quiet.
(c) It gets faster and closer.
(d) It gets further away.
4. What do the natives mistakenly think about Emperor Jones?
(a) He is a runaway felon.
(b) He is a murderer.
(c) He has mysterious powers.
(d) He is a god.
5. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the sixth forest scene?
(a) He lies still, with his face to the ground.
(b) Back to the crossroads.
(c) Back to the palace.
(d) Further into the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the figures carrying who Emperor Jones sees in the third forest scene?
2. What provision has Emperor Jones made in case of uprising?
3. Which literary term defines Jeff's apparition?
4. What does Emperor Jones decide to do after he rings for the servants?
5. How does Jeff's appearance affect Jones' flight?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)