|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emperor Jones go at the end of the fifth forest scene?
(a) Further into the forest.
(b) Toward the light.
(c) He stays put.
(d) Back toward the palace.
2. What atmosphere does the tom-tom drumming create?
(a) Impending doom.
(c) Savage anger.
(d) Lingering regret.
3. How has Emperor Jones' appearance changed since the scene with the black figures?
(a) He is practically naked.
(b) He is dirtier and less majestic.
(c) He is all wet.
(d) He is more composed and neater.
4. What does Emperor Jones do when he comes on stage in the fourth forest scene?
(a) Stalk around the stage, making threats.
(b) Talk about killing himself.
(c) Sit on a stump and put his head in his hands.
(d) Shoot the rebellious natives.
5. Emperor Jones sees a scene in Act 1 Scene 5. Where does one of the figures in his vision gesture for him to stand?
(a) On an auction stage.
(b) On a guillotine.
(c) On a throne.
(d) On a stump.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emperor Jones dispel his final vision?
2. How does Emperor Jones say he killed Jeff?
3. Of the people Emperor Jones sees in his vision in Act 1, Scene 4, one is in charge. What does he carry?
4. Which term describes the figure of the crocodile in Emperor Jones' final vision?
5. What is the throne in the palace made of?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)