|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emperor Jones return to the forest at the end of the second forest scene?
2. Where is the play set?
(a) Florida Keys.
(b) West Indies.
(c) New Orleans.
3. How does Emperor Jones say he killed Jeff?
(a) With his hands.
(b) He threw him off a train.
(c) With a razor.
(d) With a gun.
4. Why does Emperor Jones head for the forest at the end of the first scene?
(a) To confront the natives.
(b) To outflank the natives.
(c) To avoid conflict with the natives.
(d) To distance himself from his own authority.
5. How long does Jones think he has been walking at the beginning of the second forest scene?
(a) Half a day.
(b) All night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emperor Jones do to make Jeff disappear?
2. What is Jeff doing when Emperor Jones sees him?
3. How does Jeff's appearance affect Jones' flight?
4. How does Smithers say that Emperor Jones came into his position?
5. What do the natives mistakenly think about Emperor Jones?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)