|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which literary term describes Emperor Jones' vision of Jeff?
2. Where does Emperor Jones look for the food he buried?
(a) Under a white rock.
(b) In a clearing.
(c) In the hollow of a tree.
(d) In a cave.
3. Why does Emperor Jones head for the forest at the end of the first scene?
(a) To distance himself from his own authority.
(b) To avoid conflict with the natives.
(c) To outflank the natives.
(d) To confront the natives.
4. Who are the figures Emperor Jones sees working in this third forest scene?
(a) Lem and the witch doctor.
(b) Slaves on a chain gang.
(c) Smithers and Lem.
5. What makes Emperor Jones laugh at the beginning of the second forest scene?
(a) His own foolishness.
(b) His freedom.
(c) His apperance.
(d) His anticipation of escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Emperor Jones foolish to have fired his gun in the forest?
2. Which rhetorical term describes Emperor Jones' request for assistance?
3. How do Emperor Jones and Smithers keep each other in their respective roles?
4. Which literary style describes the scenes in which Emperor Jones sees apparitions?
5. Emperor Jones sees a group of figures in Act 1, Scene 4. Which literary term describes Emperor Jones' speech to the figures he sees?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)