|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gun does Emperor Jones carry?
(a) Hunting rifle.
(b) Submachine gun.
(c) Long-barreled revolver.
2. What atmosphere does the tom-tom drumming create?
(a) Lingering regret.
(b) Impending doom.
(c) Savage anger.
3. Where does Emperor Jones look for the food he buried?
(a) In a clearing.
(b) In the hollow of a tree.
(c) In a cave.
(d) Under a white rock.
4. What is the throne in the palace made of?
(a) Uncut wood.
(c) Pearls and jewels.
(d) Precious metals and stones.
5. How do the figures that Emperor Jones sees in the forest move?
(a) They try to stand but fall over.
(b) They seethe and boil like an ocean.
(c) They run on long legs.
(d) They walk on long tentacles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has the beat of the tom-tom changed when the second forest scene opens?
2. How long does Jones think he has been walking at the beginning of the second forest scene?
3. How does Smithers say that Emperor Jones came into his position?
4. What does Emperor Jones decide to do after he rings for the servants?
5. Who does Emperor Jones see after he talks to himself when he enters in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)