|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emperor Jones stand in for in the fourth forest scene?
(a) All slave buyers.
(b) All black American men.
(c) All black men.
(d) All slaves.
2. How does the tom-tom drumming change at the end of the second forest scene?
(a) It gets further away.
(b) It fades to quiet.
(c) It gets faster and closer.
(d) It gets angrier.
3. Who tried but failed to kill Emperor Jones?
(a) The witch doctor.
4. How long does Jones think he has been walking at the beginning of the second forest scene?
(c) All night.
(d) Half a day.
5. Of the people Emperor Jones sees in his vision in Act 1, Scene 4, one is in charge. What does he carry?
(b) A shovel.
(c) A pick.
(d) A whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which literary term defines Jeff's apparition?
2. What literary term describes Emperor Jones' language when he shoots at the apparition?
3. Which musical term describes the change in the sound of the tom-tom at the end of the fourth forest scene?
4. Is the apparition in the fourth forest scene from Emperor Jones' past?
5. How is the apparition in the fourth forest scene different from the previous apparitions?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)