|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Emperor Jones when he sees the apparition in the third forest scene?
(a) He stammers.
(b) His hands shake.
(c) His eyes bulge.
(d) He faints.
2. What do the dark figures represent who Emperor Jones sees in the woods?
(a) His sins and evil deeds.
(b) The black people who came before him.
(c) The souls of the people he has killed.
(d) His memories of his family.
3. Emperor Jones sees a group of figures in Act 1, Scene 4. What does he say to their leader?
(a) He proclaims his innocence.
(b) He says that he is in charge here.
(c) He promises to avenge his imprisonment.
(d) He swears he will kill him.
4. Emperor Jones sees a group of figures in Act 1, Scene 4. What happens when Emperor Jones shoots at the leader?
(a) The natives find him and chase him.
(b) Jeff returns on the side of the stage.
(c) Smithers brings him food.
(d) The apparition disappears.
5. What does Emperor Jones hear in the forest?
(a) Laughing ghosts.
(b) Whispering natives.
(d) A tom-tom drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emperor Jones say at the beginning of the fifth forest scene?
2. Where does the third forest scene begin?
3. How do the figures that Emperor Jones sees in the forest move?
4. Who does Emperor Jones see after he talks to himself when he enters in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Jones do when he appears at the beginning of the third forest scene?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)