|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the figures carrying who Emperor Jones sees in the third forest scene?
(a) Bows and arrows.
(b) Guns and shields.
(c) Picks and shovels.
2. Which literary term describes the structure of the first three forest scenes?
3. What does Jones do when he appears at the beginning of the third forest scene?
(a) He encounters the witch doctor.
(b) He runs about wildly.
(c) He stops to catch his breath.
(d) He sees Jeff's apparition.
4. Who gestures to Emperor Jones to join the figures in the apparition?
(a) The guard.
(c) The witch doctor.
(d) One of the prisoners.
5. Emperor Jones sees figures in the forest. What do they seem to know?
(a) When Jones will die.
(b) Where the natives are gathering.
(c) What the tom-tom means.
(d) Where Jones' food is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emperor Jones' flight recall to him?
2. Where does the fifth forest scene open?
3. Who are the figures Emperor Jones sees working in this third forest scene?
4. How does Emperor Jones feel after he has seen the black figures?
5. How are the figures arranged in Emperor Jones' vision in the fifth forest scene?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)